Patient's 2020

@BeanTownFan420 this is one of the side buds flopped over. Not even the big'uns yet. I am speechless.
Screenshot_2020-10-09-19-58-25.png
The wife trims buds like it's an art project. I love that girl!

20201009_222850.jpg
Here is some of my (BluCheez×Mango)×BluWater. This strain is a shocker. She fattened up and was trichy early in the flower. She smells of pine and lemonade. This crossing actually gave me what i wanted (mostly). She is trichy like the Blue Cheese. She grows buds like the Mango. Hopefully she brings some CBD from the BlueWater. She sure grows like the BlueWater. She actually was a beast to manage. I tied her over back to the ground and a few toppings. I even topped a few 2 weeks in to flower. I had to due to height. Those topped got dense and FAT! I can't wait to smoke her. I have never grown her before. It's like Christmas.

20201009_222850.jpg
Here is some of my (BluCheez×Mango)×BluWater. This strain is a shocker. She fattened up and was trichy early in the flower. She smells of pine and lemonade. This crossing actually gave me what i wanted (mostly). She is trichy like the Blue Cheese. She grows buds like the Mango. Hopefully she brings some CBD from the BlueWater. She sure grows like the BlueWater. She actually was a beast to manage. I tied her over back to the ground and a few toppings. I even topped a few 2 weeks in to flower. I had to due to height. Those topped got dense and FAT! I can't wait to smoke her. I have never grown her before. It's like Christmas.
Cali Dreaming!

2 weeks and +1 day for these cuttings. At this point i turn the popsicle form on its side and i use a skinny paint brush to push the Vermiculite out of the form. (Sorry no pics on this part) The cap in the bottom of the popsicle form allows it all to be pushed out as one. I push it out in to my hand and i gently place in a bowl of RO or bottled water and rinse off the Vermculite. Screenshot_2020-10-10-11-57-49.png I have prepped solo cups ready with my media of choice and punch a hole in the soil with my finger, large enough to accept the root mass. Screenshot_2020-10-10-11-58-05.png I then gently push the soil to the stalk and place under indirect light until they get established.

@Backlipslide you sound like my moms she always used to say I was ten or some other age going on thirty or forty while skipping every thing in between I didn't know she was kidding at the time and I thought I had to skip all the fun in between now I know what she meant after all this time.
Lol too funny!! #foreveryoung :high-five:

@BeanTownFan420 this is one of the side buds flopped over. Not even the big'uns yet. I am speechless.
Screenshot_2020-10-09-19-58-25.png
The wife trims buds like it's an art project. I love that girl!
:thedoubletake::bravo::adore:

20201009_222850.jpg
:thedoubletake::drool::adore:

20201011_145621.jpg
My grow evolves as i continue. I see i need to enclose my veg section. This is the 2nd season drying indoors but the janky veg section wasnt running so i could keep the room semi-dark. It is what it is. I need to keep the door open or it sweats up in there. I am blessed.

Congrats, you got them done! Those buds all look enormous, very impressive!
Mrs. Patient for the win! I have some chicken type mesh in a dollar store pile I bet I could cobble together something if I run out of clips :thumb:

Here is a little insight in to that BcM×Bw. What? Acronymed to help me keep track of genetics and what has been used. If i go calling it "lick the cat belly", i won't know whats in it. Further breeding may require i keep a catalog of parent info.
I originally had a Blue Cheese pollinated by a Mango. I thought i was Dr. Frankenstein. I thought i had unlocked a magical strain that would be stupendous! I grew a couple plants of BluCheez×Mango and put one in the outdoor planter. I topped her at 3rd node giving her 4 major tops to grow with. Once topped, she never grew any new branches. After a few weeks, i yanked her and placed her in a 7 gal fabric pot. At this point i realized there's more going on with making strains than just pair this and that for the fire! Haha. Here's a pic of how she finished. Screenshot_2020-10-11-20-40-55-1.png She grew super squat, which is weird. Both Mango and Blue Cheese grow relatively taller than this. Though the Mango male i used was a super short pheno. Hmm. Screenshot_2020-10-11-20-41-38-1.png The buds were impressive but her lack of branching was disturbing since i can grow outdoors and desire a plant to yield for the year. Screenshot_2020-10-11-20-42-16-1.png The buds were all fox tail and leafy. It had a fantastic high that was euphoric and speedy. I had another one of these (BluCheez×Mango) going the following season to breed with and hope to correct what i felt was wrong with it. I wanted to keep the bud size, but increase branching. So i bred my BluWater with it. Screenshot_2020-10-11-20-10-16.png The Blue Water is made by a now defunct company named RedLineGenetics. (Harlequin×SourTsunami)×BlueDream. She grew tall ans had tight buds and i wanted the Bc×M to get a touch taller.
So the resulting progeny of that pairing is my BcM×Bw. Did she get taller? She was at my eye level in early June. I have never seen a plant grow so vigorously. By early June i had to tie her over like this...Screenshot_2020-10-11-20-09-35.png So the height and branching was fixed. Every pairing i make with my Mango grows taller than your roof when outdoors. Screenshot_2020-10-11-21-36-29-1.png Case study of my brother's grow with my genentics. These are a mix of Mango/LavenderSkunk/BluDream.
I have made other crosses and to varying degrees of success, they grow and smoke. Some have flavors that aren't pleasant. I grew a backcross (BX) to the Blue Cheese mother. So uhh...wait...i got this...(Bc×M) b.c.1 (Bc).? Hahaha whoa. I am rusty.....so i thought it would be more BluCheez. That crap smelled like burnt plastic. Bad bad bad. I saved it just to smell it out of a macabre curiosity of "what the heck went wrong?!"
Anyways, during this whole breeding thing, i have experienced a couple fails. Mostly mediocre pairs. I got a strain that grows about 4 ft and yields 2 lbs outdoors in adequate super soil. Her high is average. All yield and an okay high. Hmm. So a couple fails. Mostly average pairings and finally a stellar pairing.
The high for this so dubbed, BcM×Bw has yet to be determined. Other than her size and undetermined smoke, it's solid so far. Hahaha. Not an indoor strain and who knows what kind of high. Breeding is not guaranteed and takes more room than i really got. 20201011_124249.jpg This pairing was an extreme success, at last!

Latest news...the BcM×Bw (blucheezmangobluwater), though grew with pine & lemon aromas, it came out smelling and tasting like Spearmint. :) I have never smoked stuff that tastes like this. After smoking it almost feels like I smoked a menthol. Strong hybrid high leaning heavy on the sativa side.

Back
Top Bottom