Patient's 2020

Smoke Report -

Harley-Tsu : Always a pleasure to smoke and earthy/piney flavor. The high is just like the ol' skool 80's brown weed. Relaxing and soothing due to its CBD content.
AC/DC : Great CBD smoke with a strong aroma. Earthy/piney, almost grape bubble gum flavor. Never too strong and eases all that ails ya. ;) ...except the need to get extremely stoned.
BlackWater : Great smoke! Brings a happy euphoria. That aroma is that of a funky orange. Cirtusy and smooth smoke. Only clone was almost destroyed by caterpillars from drying bud in my grow room. Whoops. Live and learn. They almost killed everything. Hahaha.
BcM×Bw : Wow! This strain is strong! This bud will give you an intense hybrid high that borders on psychedelics. I had smoked a whole black paper "zag" jay and i went on a trip! I recall i was looking at the baby (2 yr old) and his face seemed unfamiliar. It causes sensory overload and could prove to be too much for newbies. Caterpillars got to the clone but left a ton of foilage on her.
Mango : This strain is strange. It's like snapping a freshly washed and crisply starched sheet over you. It's clear. The clarity of the high is odd. I need to come back after indulging in a good jay of it. The aroma is of Mango and vaporous fuel. The buds looked huge, but they are comprised of 3"-6" fox tails. Dried they are about the size and length of your fingers. Odd structure. Pillars got this clone too, but it will survive.

This grow was a success and new great phenos were found. Valuable lesson(s)?
- No old bamboo stakes used. AC/DC got mites from the old stake.
- Spare no expense on Neem. Spraying is not a job to half ass. Make sure the proper amount of time is used to adequately cover the foilage.
- Remove flowers from around your grow (outdoors) to keep moths and butterflies away.
- Don't apply the net before the stretch. Apply mid stretch. Or apply 2 stages of netting. Probably 2 levels is the better choice for taller strains.
- DON'T PLACE OUTDOOR BUD TO DRY IN YOUR INDOOR GROW! I am stupid for this one. I went on a week long trip out of state. I hung the buds for a week before placing in paper bags to slow down the last stretch of drying. Obviously there were still pillars in them. They crawled out the bags and got in to my Bonsai collection. (Yikes!) It is what It is. The just about killed all of them.

Every grow is a learning lesson. My super soil may be a touch strong in the nitrogen but i will retool it and ease back on some inputs. I look forward to sprouting some new beans and having a little indoor grow to test some strains for structure and flavor.

Rock on!

Screenshot_2020-10-11-20-09-16.png

The next generation...

Smoke Report -

- DON'T PLACE OUTDOOR BUD TO DRY IN YOUR INDOOR GROW! I am stupid for this one. I went on a week long trip out of state. I hung the buds for a week before placing in paper bags to slow down the last stretch of drying. Obviously there were still pillars in them. They crawled out the bags and got in to my Bonsai collection. (Yikes!) It is what It is. The just about killed all of them.

Every grow is a learning lesson. My super soil may be a touch strong in the nitrogen but i will retool it and ease back on some inputs. I look forward to sprouting some new beans and having a little indoor grow to test some strains for structure and flavor.

Rock on!
You faired out well overall, right, PP?

I have lbs. sitting in bags on the grow room floor. Tons still outside. I am sitting with more than needed. Though i believe my brother will be wanting more this year. ;) It always works out. I am blessed.

I already cloned my CBDs before leaving. So i have replacements of those. I just need to nurse back my BcM×Bw, Mango, Sour Skunk, Lime Skunk. The BlackWater is a toss up. We will see. Sad. She is a spectacular smoke.

Yeah. BLS...dry as a bone. Which is good. I got a roof repair to do along with some weatherproofing on the motorhome. I need this dry weather right now. Owning a home ain't no joke. You can appreciate it. YouTube is in order to accomplish most of the crap i need(ed) to do this year. It has been the year of the repair.

Yeah. BLS...dry as a bone. Which is good. I got a roof repair to do along with some weatherproofing on the motorhome. I need this dry weather right now. Owning a home ain't no joke. You can appreciate it. YouTube is in order to accomplish most of the crap i need(ed) to do this year. It has been the year of the repair.
That’s good when the weather cooperates when things like that need to be done. Unfortunately, it’s not the best weather to have when Forrest fires are ravaging through your state.

Yeah it was a great feeling buying our first house... until the first thing broke and needed to be replaced.... I.e our fridge lol

You tube videos help me a lot when I have work to do on my truck/cars... I’m good with my hands, and building but I’m not very mechanically inclined.

Message_1603464304793.jpg

This is what the caterpillars left of my BlackWater clone. It is a bag seed and can't be duplicated. "Orange funk" is convalescing. Only time will tell. She has a few green leaves and it was/is a healthy clone.

Attachments

• Message_1603464304793.jpg
    Message_1603464304793.jpg
    810.7 KB · Views: 51
Jumping right in to it.
20200908_161935.jpg

This is a Mango (front) and a strain i made in the back. The back plant is (BluCheez×Mango)×BluWater. Strong sativa and i believe she has gotten away from me this year. She is right at the fence line.
20200908_162014.jpg

Here is a BlackWater bag seed. This plant has been fed exclusively Kellogg's All Purpose Fish&Kelp w/molasses (2-2-2). She is doing great.
20200908_162110.jpg

This is my Harley-Tsu. I got her as a clone last year and kept as a bonsai. She is still going strong and better than last year. There is also an AC/DC on the right. She got mites this year and slowed to a crawl. As she limped along, the Harley-Tsu choked her out.

The Mango is a seed i made by crossing a couple of Mangos. I have crossed a few strains and have made a few seeds. I usually use a clone from a Bonsai i have. Sometimes i just need to test some of the seeds i have made.
Awesome those look nice

Well this outdoor season has come to a close. I am starting an indoor grow for seeds. I am pairing a BluSkunk & Harley-Tsu. See what we get. My 2nd run will be to try and unlock the auto gene in some f2's. I paired my Skunk with a NYC Diesel auto. Those off spring have half auto genes.
20201028_153326.jpg

Viewing the punnet square on the left, we pair photo & auto. The photo is homozygous for non auto genes "aa". The auto is homozygous for the auto gene "AA". The pairing gives all off spring the gene. Since the auto gene is recessive, it doesn't surface due to the photo gene being dominant. These are the "f1's". In the punnet square on the right, we breed the f1's together. By breeding the f1's together to get f2's, we unlock the auto gene in 25% of the f2's.
"This is mathematical and not how it works in real life." J.C.

So my question is, how can you be sure your auto breeder is homozygous? You would think a strain bred for decent quality auto buds wouldn’t be homozygous, at least not completely. Won’t homozygous autos need to be(in all likelihood) landrace ruderalis strains?

you may end up needing to go F3 to get the 25% autos.

@VexGrows Its a work about to jump off. I have real work standing in the way of getting this up and running. There are still things on the home needing attention before I spend days on this outbuilding to get ready to grow. I still am sitting on pounds of smoke from this years grow, so I am not rushed...yet.

For those that read this thread... ;) ...that home made fish emulsion is a failed attempt. I used tap water for it. DOH! Our tap has chloramines and they kill microbes. So my brew turned out incomplete and has not taken on the right smell. I am not done. This is not my last attempt. Though, the next attempt will be documented in my other thread "Patient's grows". I will treat my water for like I used to for compost tea. I added Top Fin (PetsMart) water conditioner and my brews always worked. Totally overlooked and learned the same lesson twice. Never try and brew anything microbial with tap water...evah' evah' evah'. It kills it!

was looking at your older posts
You can make amino acids your self from jaggery and fish , its on my journal ,. i use it as a natural ph down , only takes ten days to make , its also aids the uptake of calcium , would you like me to find what page i have it on or could you not be bothered with homemade ? some like to open a bag of soil and a bottle of nutes but where is the fun ,and where is the pleasure anyone can do that, if your creative then ill find it for you , :laugh:

about here

Back
Top Bottom