Pete's Journal - 2015

I would more than likely look into a spider mite issue !

These can really mess up a grow if unchecked.

Need to look under the the leafs etc & may require a scope, some thing like what ya check the trichomes with :thumb:

Hey Pete, I believe Fuzzy is correct.
There are many different spray
s available, one i have used is called Plant vitality. I can't remember who makes it, i'll see if i can find the bottle..
It really does look like mites to me and you gotta jump on em quick, the stuff i used works(pricey), but i haven't seen a mite since !!

I would more than likely look around for a Pyrethrum based insecticide as it will deal with most insects & works on contact with bugs than other systemic types which get absorb by the plant.

Pyrethrum is derived from Chrysanthemum mainly which has insecticide properties & more less can be classed as organic which has been known to be used for such dating back an aprox 150 years ago !

I don't think you have a problem anymore (at least with deficiencies)
Your newer growth looks fine from what I can see so that would mean that it is corrected for now. If you see the newer leaves doing funny things post a pic of them as soon as you can.
As for the bugs.... You can go onto Sierra Natural Science website and order from their free trials. everything they show there (trial sizes) and you pay for just the price of shipping (I paid $16.something) and got all the free products. They have all kinds of stuff to try out and If they work for you then order the big stuff. They are a good sponsor here!
Hope this helped
GB80

Edit: Do you do any foliar sprays? Noticed some white spotting on the leaf you posted, that's why I asked. If you do foliar feed/spray it's probably residue let over, if you dont.... keep a close eye on it and make sure it dosent start spreading- if it spreads it could be P.M. SNS also has stuff for that too (for free):)

I don't think you have a problem anymore (at least with deficiencies)
Your newer growth looks fine from what I can see so that would mean that it is corrected for now. If you see the newer leaves doing funny things post a pic of them as soon as you can.
As for the bugs.... You can go onto Sierra Natural Science website and order from their free trials. everything they show there (trial sizes) and you pay for just the price of shipping (I paid $16.something) and got all the free products. They have all kinds of stuff to try out and If they work for you then order the big stuff. They are a good sponsor here!
Hope this helped
GB80

Edit: Do you do any foliar sprays? Noticed some white spotting on the leaf you posted, that's why I asked. If you do foliar feed/spray it's probably residue let over, if you dont.... keep a close eye on it and make sure it dosent start spreading- if it spreads it could be P.M. SNS also has stuff for that too (for free):)

Thanks for the advice,and I will get the products.:thanks::thumb::thanks:I don't use any kind of sprays,What does P.M. mean not familiar with it

Thanks for the advice,and I will get the products.:thanks::thumb::thanks:I don't use any kind of sprays,What does P.M. mean not familiar with it

Anytime Pete!
P.M. is Powdery Mildew. Usually will start with small white almost fuzzy looking spots on a leaf or two, then spreads to other leaves and starts to cover the whole leaf. Gets really bad in flower and can ruin your crop. I'm not trying to worry you as it could just be hard water that splashed on the leaf, but keep your eye on it just to be sure. Make sure you get the fungicide from SNS just to get a jump start on it if it is P.M.

UPDATE 08/14/2015

Girls are 57 days old and I think they are doing great. I owe most of that to all the people that answers my questions here on this forum. Thank-you
When I saw the problem at first, didn't know what it was at the time, so I took everything apart and cleaned it and just put ph balanced water back in to the containers.
Someone said maybe spider mites, but turned out to be a little bit of nutrient burn and root rot. I cut the dark spots out of the roots, cleaned everything and added hydroguard to the mix as well. I bought a TDS meter, still working on mastering that,but I think I have about 850 PPM.Right now I think that is a bit high,so I'm going to replenish the mix with PH balanced water. That will bring it down a bit. Going to check it in a few days with the TDS meter. I also added something called armor sl 0-0-4.I understand that it is some sort of a vitamin to make them stronger. We will see how that works out. I plan to flip them in about 30 days or so. I need a lot of practice with HST. I think I started too late. Mine don't look anything like any of the pic I've seen on this forum or any place else. I guess practice makes perfect. Here are my updated photo's.
08-13-15_003.JPG
08-13-15_002.JPG
08-13-15_001.JPG

Hey Pete!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get here. I never seen the link in your signature in your original thread.

I can't believe what you have going on in here! Your girls looks absolutely stunning, Pete! I hope you pat yourself on the back every once in awhile. You deserve it!

If you don't mind I'm going to take a seat and watch you strut your stuff. :adore:

Thanks for the compliment, They do look pretty good. they are 12 days into budding. I' going to take some pics later and write in my journal.
Thanks again
PS. Not sure what you are talking about when you say" Never seen the link in my signature " I'm new to this site, so is there something I need to do? My signature is in my profile, and the link to my journal is there as well. Thanks again

No you've done nothing wrong. Your signature in your original thread back in April doesn't have your signature in it. It doesn't appear until your posts after you edited it. It's my bad for not noticing

It's been two weeks. I've been wondering how you've been doing. We NEED pics!!

:thumb:

Here are the latest one's I've got. Still haven't wrote in my journal yet. I'm a professional procrastinator, lol
They look good, I'm having trouble keeping them the same height. I've got one that is growing crazy. That's why I'm having problems keeping them the same height. Will try get to my journal tonight.
Thanks for the concern it's appreciated:thumb::thumb::thumb:
12_days_into_budding_002.JPG
12_days_into_budding_003.JPG
12_days_into_budding_004.JPG
12_days_into_budding_005.JPG
12_days_into_budding_006.JPG
12_days_into_budding_007.JPG

Here are the latest one's I've got. Still haven't wrote in my journal yet. I'm a professional procrastinator, lol
They look good, I'm having trouble keeping them the same height. I've got one that is growing crazy. That's why I'm having problems keeping them the same height. Will try get to my journal tonight.
Thanks for the concern it's appreciated:thumb::thumb::thumb:
12_days_into_budding_002.JPG
12_days_into_budding_003.JPG
12_days_into_budding_004.JPG
12_days_into_budding_005.JPG
12_days_into_budding_006.JPG
12_days_into_budding_007.JPG

Raise the shorter ones from underneath. I use old ceramic tiles. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom