Peyton & Pals Perpetual Playground

I wuz runng a YT vid about supercropping & the guy who said he'd been doing huge grows in the 80's .
offered this trick of slappin' the girls around some when they are about 1 ft to 18" tall
by that he'd bend them all the way over in 4 different directions & then twirl at a 45 angle
he said it stresses & fractured some of the support cells & that places the plant in panic mode & floods growth hormones .
so what the hey I did to have of this run of autos sure enuff
the slapped girls are 50% bigger with Huge thick juicy stems BUT are delayed in stacking buds , in fact they still are showing pre-flower , still growing out but still the virgin unmolested girls are all stacking buds now getting all sugary.

so far I've learned with these autos is do not baby them & get them in very strong light from the time of the bean POP !
I would bring the lights right down on them , there is no Veg remember it's a Race with them Total hours of light so if you can maximize the light & condititions , add some slight abuse :Namaste: grasshopper style :cheer:
optimal fast growth in strong long lasting (+14 hours) slowly ramp up the nute % as they get big
in coco these auto girls are taking nearly as strong nutes as my GSC & that strain is a heavy feeder big time
2 strains were Vivid neon green for the 1st 40 days .

For hydro netpot size is relevant. Cannabis plants have what's called a rootball. Its the center mass of the root structure, if in a small netpot it will restrict the rootball size, and in turn make plant stay small. Same as if u grow in a small pot. Yes the roots will be in the solution, but the rootball is held by the netpot. Try and grow a monster in a 3inch netpot. I've tried it and compared to a 6 or 8 inch netpot. Its substantial.
Sorry I had to correct that.

After saying that and realizing how small his box is. A 2 inch might work. But I recommend a 3 inch.

Looks like monster got ya covered helping. I won't have much time to help I've the next while, I'll try though.

What does this mean exactly?

12/12 from seed is referring to the light cycle. 12 hours lights on 12 hours lights off. This will induce flowering as soon as the plant is mature and keep it as small as possible. If you veg 18/6 or 24/0. Again referring to hours of light. The plant will become too large form the cab you have. Honestly u might be cutting it close even with 12/12 from seed. But its definitely worth doing.

For hydro netpot size is relevant. Cannabis plants have what's called a rootball. Its the center mass of the root structure, if in a small netpot it will restrict the rootball size, and in turn make plant stay small. Same as if u grow in a small pot. Yes the roots will be in the solution, but the rootball is held by the netpot. Try and grow a monster in a 3inch netpot. I've tried it and compared to a 6 or 8 inch netpot. Its substantial.
Sorry I had to correct that.

After saying that and realizing how small his box is. A 2 inch might work. But I recommend a 3 inch.

Looks like monster got ya covered helping. I won't have much time to help I've the next while, I'll try though.

Ok Stumped I really do appreciate you getting me this far! I learned alot and it should be good enough to get me going. I just have one more shopping stop to make to get my ph up and down, buffering solution to calibrate my meters, Rockwool, Hydroton and the GH Flora 3 part series and then I guess distilled water to put in the res.

Oh and a 3 inch pot.

Thanx again!

Haha, that sounds like my kind of job & they'd all get 5 stars :) Have you approached 420 to see how much it costs to become a sponsor on here? I'm sure it would be worth the investment

I did, was told they won't consider it till the see our store and website. No problem I'll submit the info when ready and definitely advertise here. We have the domain, corporation number, business number, tax id. Suppliers lined up for volcano, davinci , magic flight and a shit load others. Placed a total of $50,000 in orders today for cabinets, acrylic for displays were making, art for the store and some sample products and e juices. And and I was splitting wood all day in between it all lol
I told yas when yas met me. All summer I don't do shit, fall comes I'm all business lol guess that's how I justify being lazy as fuck for 4 months a year lol

Also been looking at led lights. Being as I just took a huge business loan. What's 2-3k on a nice light and filter system. Treat myself lol.
Trying to decide on a mars 1600 or that company that sponsors light addict. Lol too tired to look for my phone where I was researching. Lol

Rambling again I know hahah. I made a small batch of rso 2 days ago. Maybe 5 grams total, thicker then any oil I ever made and a hell of a lot better then any oil I've ever tried. Golden brown, no green at all. I followed the steps on ricks Facebook, few modifications to the decarb process but same end result. I used super dry popcorn buds from 2 crops ago I forgot about. Was roughly a oz. I only lightly washed the mix for 30 seconds. Quicker wash-higher quality. Gonna go wash it again and do the process again tomorrow after I get some more booze. Lol

Ok Stumped I really do appreciate you getting me this far! I learned alot and it should be good enough to get me going. I just have one more shopping stop to make to get my ph up and down, buffering solution to calibrate my meters, Rockwool, Hydroton and the GH Flora 3 part series and then I guess distilled water to put in the res.

Thanx again!

Rock on brother you sound like your all set!
Cheers man

I had my DWC bucket in a tug large enough to have frozen gallon jugs of water. Sounds like you have a 1 gallon tug and 2" net pots. First, go to Wally World and get a tug as large as you can fit in your grow box and you can fit your DWC tug into. Then you can fit frozen bottles in the larger tug around the smaller DWC tug. I even used crushed ice and water in the outer tug to lower rez temps. You also should put water in it to make the ice last. No matter the size of water jug/bottle. Just keep the rez at 65F.

Putting ice in the water with the roots is bad for the roots, take it from me. I did it and roots died.

WJ

I answered before I saw the photos of his box. Sorry.

So a frozen bottle of water in my gallon res is ok? Or should I try and get some of those tiny bottles of water to freeze? Or do I need to just run tests for that?

Well that depends on your space really. I have seen some people grow in those 2" pots and I have a friend locally that I help that grows in 1 gal pots. I guess it is more of a personal preference. My friend that uses the 1 gal pots in hydro grows 4'-6' plants with ease. He was using Smartpots but I convinced him to finally switch to a net pot that is 10" so he can re use them and save some $$$...

I'd really like to see a 6 foot plant in a 1 gallon dwc lol. I tried and plants always got rootbound and had to transplant.

So a frozen bottle of water in my gallon res is ok? Or should I try and get some of those tiny bottles of water to freeze? Or do I need to just run tests for that?

Jim is right. Frozen bottles on the roots can harm the roots. I put my buckets in a tote with water and frozen bottles around it. If that makes sense?
You should run a test for 24-48 hours and test water temp. Air temp ect.

Jim is right. Frozen bottles on the roots can harm the roots. I put my buckets in a tote with water and frozen bottles around it. If that makes sense?
You should run a test for 24-48 hours and test water temp. Air temp ect.

Hmm, I am not going to have room around my res in this little cabinet to do anything like that.

So what is the lesser of two evils? Putting frozen water bottles in the res or trying to grow at 72 degrees?

What happens when the water is that warm?

Hmm, I am not going to have room around my res in this little cabinet to do anything like that.

So what is the lesser of two evils? Putting frozen water bottles in the res or trying to grow at 72 degrees?

Warm water will bring root rot. And will kill crop. Frozen roots will bring medium damage. Neither ideal. Lesser would be frozen bottles.
Another idea, did you think or doing rdwc? Drill a hole in your cab and run tubing to an external rez with gravity and return pumps? That way u can put bottles in the external and not harm the roots.

I can elaborate more tomorrow if Google ends up just confusing you. Lots of ways to do rdwc but its actually quite simple. Works good for small spaces. When I setup hydro again I'll be doing a flood table with Hydroton or rdwc . haven't decided yet.

I'd get a tug the same size and cut it down to 1 - 2" tall and fill with crushed ice and sit the DWC tug on it. That would work and tugs that size are cheap so you could have two. Easier to replace a thin tug full of ice than to remove and fill and replace. that takes time. It'll work if you have the headroom.

WJ

I did, was told they won't consider it till the see our store and website. No problem I'll submit the info when ready and definitely advertise here. We have the domain, corporation number, business number, tax id. Suppliers lined up for volcano, davinci , magic flight and a shit load others. Placed a total of $50,000 in orders today for cabinets, acrylic for displays were making, art for the store and some sample products and e juices. And and I was splitting wood all day in between it all lol
I told yas when yas met me. All summer I don't do shit, fall comes I'm all business lol guess that's how I justify being lazy as fuck for 4 months a year lol

Also been looking at led lights. Being as I just took a huge business loan. What's 2-3k on a nice light and filter system. Treat myself lol.
Trying to decide on a mars 1600 or that company that sponsors light addict. Lol too tired to look for my phone where I was researching. Lol

It sounds like you're having fun spending the pennies on stock :) Did 420 give you an indication of cost? PM me if they did coz I want to get my LED guy on here.
I'll be in the market for a vape in a few months, I'd love to buy off you, but the international post & import tax would make it too expensive. I'm thinking of a DaVinci Ascent or maybe a Pinnacle Pro but the flimsy top puts me off a bit.

With your lights I'd say if you can afford to get top quality then go for it. The Mars are great for the price but the diodes aren't the best, BM's are crazy prices but Osram are the best diodes. Have a look at Platinum too, they use top BIN diodes in their lights & give a 5 year guarantee. There's a few journals running with them you might want to check out.

I'd get a tug the same size and cut it down to 1 - 2" tall and fill with crushed ice and sit the DWC tug on it. That would work and tugs that size are cheap so you could have two. Easier to replace a thin tug full of ice than to remove and fill and replace. that takes time. It'll work if you have the headroom.

WJ

Ah! Ok that seems so simple but I may not ever have thought of that.

Thanks I will do that!

Back
Top Bottom