Pineapple Express - Critical Jack 1st Coco Grow

Re: :) Pineapple express, critical Jack 1st coco grow

Hey Popcorn,

I saw from your Journal you revealed some majestic plans :tommy:

Awesome, by the sounds of it. I've really liked coco so far, but I'm not gonna go too far into veg with the 1st few runs. I guess I need a couple of runs to figure things out before I'd try 8 or 12 weeks before flower but you seem to be more on the ball than myself + knowing your strains is always a head start.

I like the look of the slabs for doing a number of plants tho. As you say, the thought of hand watering 20-25 little pots.. You could come up with a nifty flood and drain tho.. My local shop speak highly of that with coco.

Anyway
I'll throw a couple of pics up soon, they're getting on....:high-five:

oh thats good i will just have to have a bit of a knowledge hunt on coco, think i might just stick with soil for the larger one as i know soil well, more from outdoor grows then indoor, and with a large schedule think id be stupid to try something new, but i do have coco in my soil thats why i was wondering about it.

cant wait to see the pics. :cheer:

Time for an update! A rough few days, but I think it's all gonna be O.K. :bitingnails:

Broke the top off a CJ 1st day of 12/12 while adding a second 300 cfl dual spectrum. Then promptly broke the cfl... AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHhhhhhhh. The silver lining was it didn't burst. Just a crack in the bulb, but they're not inexpensive. You can see where the CJ snapped all the way thru just above the plastic trainer. She was hanging on by just a thread of flibre.I just tied it back together with the 1st thing I could grab and put some rooting gel around the break in a feeble attempt to try and stop it drying out.

DSCN20713.JPG

Sprayed the top with clone start at least twice a day for 3 days and here's the result.

DSCN20943.JPG

Not pretty but
Bride of Frankenstein - She's Alive! - YouTube

Well, after that I got the worry bug and decided to repot into 18ltr/4gal pots as all the roots were pushing thru the surface of the 11ltr except the little white widdow x.

Got a few bags of coco, which the guys in the shop put into bin liners. Started to re pot after :tokin:

Opened up the liner, cut the bag and finished 6 plants(watered and back under light) before I realized I had been given a bag of Canna Terra!!! Idiot that I am I wondered why the coco way so clumpy but carried on regardless!!!!!! Well, only 2 choices from there. Change all my nutes and expect some feeding issues, or bite the bullet and try to re do the lot in coco without stressing them or damaging the roots.

Option 2 it was. Tricky business as they were saturated but it went quite o.k. I guess I'll know in a couple of weeks if it really stressed the poor girls.
Another change is the air cooled hood. Free from a buddy :circle-of-love: Still the same 600 hps but put a blue 250 cfl in a adjust-a-wing. It's dropped the temp as expected but I still get over 80f if the hood is less than 10 inches away? Anyone got any experience here. Worth it or not?
Here they are in bigger pots under the new hood.
DSCN20932.JPG

Last thing is this little stem on the sour diesel freak. Wondering if I should cut n root it? She might end up a little frankenstein.
DSCN20894.JPG

Peace y'all

Hey Acorn, set up looks great, hope they're doing well.

quick question, you mentioned 6 plants a few times, am i wrong in saying i see 9 in the pictures?

Reason i ask is because im looking at a wilma big 9 and wondering if it will fit in a 1.2x1.2x2.0m tent which is the same as yours i believe

Bit concerned there wont be much room for growth and air flow.

If you've managed to fit 9 in there nicely then happy days - please could you clarify?

Cheers and keep up the good work :goodjob:

Thanks rray.

I suppose I really should clarify, having made some changes to the starting list :blalol:

Currently 10th day of 12/12 45 days from germination.

A+B at 50% recomended
boost/cannazyme/calmag+/canna monno magnesium
PH always 5.8
Current ec feed 1.4

I ended up with another pineapple express after 1 of the 2 seeds I planted finally came thru 4 days later than the 1st. I was going to bin it but something changed my mind. Anyway, turns out I have 2 very different pheno's and the slow starter has really made up for lost time.1st is the slow girl.
DSCN21054.JPG
DSCN21043.JPG

Then there are now 2 Critical Jack instead of 3 after I donated one to a friend. If I'm honest it was hard to do but the poor guy lost his suddenly.
DSCN20982.JPG

White Widdow
DSCN21023.JPG

My Original Sour D Preflower clone.
DSCN21001.JPG

and another sour d x cheese from my seed. Lastly the White Rhino
So thats 8 in total.

It's getting a little crowded but the CFL's really help. I've done no pruning whatsoever. That will clearly have to be remedied but I think I should wait a little longer after re potting them.

I've been looking into the wilma's and I like what I see. I'd Like to try a scrog using wilmas big9 tho.. Seems like a great match.

Looking good Acorn come on summertime :rofl:

i wouldnt use a wilma 9 pot for scrog wont be enough room in the tent for 2 plants on a decent scrog, so get the 4 pot its smaller and cheaper aswell.

Nice to see you donating plants think it takes a good person to give up on something they have put so much time and effort into but then where would we be without friends.

im looking forward to seeing that sour d.

+reps are well deserved my friend :cheer:

My 1st + reps :surf::woohoo::thanks:popcorn. Roll on summer indeed. I'll bet you have some snow?

I'll take that advice. 4 pot Wilma it is. I've been vying for the display model in my local shop. Fingers crossed.

The good new is my buddy put the critical jack I gave him back into veg to take cuttings. :party: so he'll be sharing the love around.

I've just popped a couple of Kosher Kush from reserva privada.
Will they be a good choice for a nice v scrog, a la Icemud? Pure indica tho? Mmmmm Pure Indica, it just feels nice to say ;)
I imagine a great med for my chronic pain.

To the girls tho,
DSCN21085.JPG

DSCN21062.JPG

DSCN21073.JPG

I am looking for advice on whether to use canna pk13/14 or dutch pro explode from here on in? They really are moving on now so I think the time to use 1 or the other is just around the corner.

Thanks Herbalizor. :thumb:

I'm glad I took a few clones from each of the cj's. She looks like a really versatile plant. She gets big pretty quick and seems on an even keel with the Pineapple express for nutes :morenutes:
I used some plastic clips to bend them over about 2-3 weeks into veg just to let the others catch up and that helped them bush out nicely. Took the clips off before flipping.
I'll update some pics of them later, really promising development.

Hey Acorn looking good my friend, i dont really know about those two types of nutes to be honest, are they boosters or just standard feed.

First Rep there will be alot more soon :goodjob:

No worries Popcorn and thanks.

The pk 13/14 and boost, are the Canna range for flowering. Cannaboost is a universal flowering stimulator used all the way thru flowering, and the boost is a high grade mixture of phosphorus and potassium used for a week as the flowers start to develop. From what I gather, the Dutchpro explode is a combination of the 2 used all the way thru 12/12.

I've decided to stay with the canna range all the way, except the last 10 days for GH ripen and florakleen.

Fed this morning with pk added for the 1st time. :passitleft:

Pretty much followed the grow guide from Canna for normal feed at my water settings.
Just a dash of magnesium an trace elements for good measure.
Ec 1.9 which is a bit scary for me but the run off was 1.5 :high-five:
Ph at 5.9
The thing is, I've read timing is all important with the pk and with no advice from anyone having used it I hope I got it right?
DSCN21141.JPG
CJ

DSCN21132.JPG
Sour D

DSCN2112.JPG
Pineapple Exp

I'll get some more pics in 2 or 3 days and we'll see the results
:peace:

hey acorn lookin good lad although they do seem to have a little deff or ph problem or is it just the lights making the pics look that way! ive used the canna range b4 for a while and they did a pretty decent job although i notice your using there boost may i just say that the main ingredient in it is mollasses! I too was told this so i did a test plant with mollasses instead of boost and let me tell you there was no difference in bud size'smell and taste when compared! I couldnt believe it all the money they charge for!
dont take my word for it do a test like i did on just one plant! and wot really convinced me was the the fact they tell you not to use it with h202. that becouse it kills the benneficials that boost and mollasses feeds! if i was you just use the a+b and pk 13/14 and some mollasses if you like! same result and hell of a lot cheaper. anyway great pics mate keep em commin...peace..

Think youve done the right thing and stuck with the canna range if that is what you have used, ive just started using GH ripen yesterday so you can keep an eye on ,mine and see how it turns out.

But all in all acorn i think you should get a really nice harvest at the end of this, just keep doing what youre doing.

also herbaliz is right about the molasses most companies use it as there ''SECRET INGREDIENT'' and ive seen and heard that from alot of people, i will be considering using it in my next grow, hopefully along with BPN organics range.
:goodjob:

hey acorn lookin good lad although they do seem to have a little deff or ph problem or is it just the lights making the pics look that way! ive used the canna range b4 for a while and they did a pretty decent job although i notice your using there boost may i just say that the main ingredient in it is mollasses! I too was told this so i did a test plant with mollasses instead of boost and let me tell you there was no difference in bud size'smell and taste when compared! I couldnt believe it all the money they charge for!
dont take my word for it do a test like i did on just one plant! and wot really convinced me was the the fact they tell you not to use it with h202. that becouse it kills the benneficials that boost and mollasses feeds! if i was you just use the a+b and pk 13/14 and some mollasses if you like! same result and hell of a lot cheaper. anyway great pics mate keep em commin...peace..

Sweet to the beat Mr Herbalizor.

The lights do make some of the pics look really pale depending on which angle it's taken, but they look lush green when the lights go out ;) I have to say I've been really lucky that my water mixed with the nutes comes out between 5.6 and 6.2ph so I haven't had to mess much with things.
Your'e now the 2nd person to advise substituting Boost Accelerator for Molasses.
Altho I have read some conficting info on molasses in coco/hydro. Apparently causing more problems than good for those of us with less experience? I also plan on re using the coco from this grow and don't have enough info to try it this run. I'll try a test run on a couple of plants next time around.

@Popcorn,
I'd seen you're using ripen on your ladies and bet you'll see a difference. A good friend of mine used it last grow with noticeable results.

Thanks for the encouragement guys.:high-five:

A couple of shots without the hps on just after feeding with pk13/14. Which by the way, I'm thinking might have been a touch early as they only hit 12/12 on the 6th. The feeding chart saying to use it for the 3rd week of flower. The good news is there are no signs of being overfed, and the 2.0ec feed going in is running out just over 1.6ec. :phew:
They just looked ready for a push and I couldn't leave them looking hungry like that...

DSCN21212.JPG

DSCN21232.JPG

The CJ in the 1st pic is known to be a lighter green in colour, but the sour d is slightly pale compared to the soil grow I did from the same cuttings. I'm guessing it's down to the A+B and coco, but keeping the cutting dormant for 4 months might have played some part? Time will tell
I got some samples from a buddy of this new product? It's championed as a cheaper alternative to Canna Boost Accelerator and used with the pk 9/18 measured by weight instead of volume. Anyone have any experience with this range? I like the fact they don't use harmful chemicals to balance the ph.
I might just go through the inconvenience of mixing a separate feed for one of the girls

PK 9-18 from Buddhas Tree

:lot-o-toke:

Well, some good/bad news..

I got confirmation of a job away from home for 6 weeks. The pay is great so I can't pass it up, but the grow has to go!

I'm gonna offer it to a friend to finish. I think he's a good candidate as he already took one of the Cj's.

Thanks for the help guys, and I'll be back oneday
:thanks:

Acorn, your ladies are looking gorgeous! That's where I want mine to be eventually. :welldone: A couple of questions: Do you think it would be good to put CFL right next to the sides of the plants to get the lower areas? Also, you've mentioned adding molassas. Is that something you add only in flower or would it help in Vegg too? You've got some great things going on there. Keep up the good work. :rocker:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom