PotChimp's Side Projects

Old Timers Haze clone:

010884.JPG

Clones that got too cold (some will make it, some won't):

0021633.JPG

I've got back up for everything there if they don't live; I won't lose any genetics.

:peace:

Notes: I gave the Free Tibet clone (in flower and put in super soil) a feeding of molasses, Hygrozyme, and some GWS last night. It doesn't look hurt by the rootball being loose; cool. I also switched the GDP I have in the DWC bucket over to pH'ed RO water; it'll be going in a week. I fed the Old Timers Haze clone a dose of food too (1/2 dose Super Swell, 1/2 dose desert bat guano). The weak clones are showing some improvement. This Bubba Kush reveg is gonna be a hard one (getting it to take), but I'll do pics to show how I reveg a plant for cloning.

Even though this is a bad one to do it with, here's my basic reveg (for a clone) method. I start with the plant (this one didn't do well so it may not take):

0011640.JPG

Then I cut it down to about 10" tall, cutting the lower branches also. I try to leave areas whole and undisturbed that have developed budsites I think may take:

014584.JPG

This is one I cut more to try to reveg the whole plant and flower it again. Quite a few budsites should pop up on this one, then I'll trim the inner ones out and try to form a shape:

015526.JPG

This mineralized soil grown GDP got the ol' chop-a-roo today :)

0061232.JPG
0051407.JPG
0081068.JPG
0071169.JPG

I'll be giving the DWC hydro grown GDP the chop in a few more days too. Da Chimp goddimsum weed..... :tokin:

Looks like GDP liked the mineralized. That'll be fun for a week or two.

How'd you keep it so green? Nice!

Because of the bigger pot having an abundance of nutes the plant doesn't run them out maybe? There were a few leaves that were fading towards yellow like they should. I think what happened is that after reading up a bit on the subject I realize what mineralization is, and did a better job.

Man, I just ain't got the heart to kill this thing (Old Timers Haze clone):

0051411.JPG

It's already taking up 1/3 of the grow unit:

0011645.JPG

I'll trim it way down again 'cause I committed 5 months of my life and money to an overgrown cannabis hula skirt once and I'm not doing it again.

I'll trim it way down again 'cause I committed 5 months of my life and money to an overgrown cannabis hula skirt once and I'm not doing it again.

LOL! ... been there ... done that ... "overgrown cannabis hula skirt", lol ... yup.

Ken's original Grand Daddy Purple (the only nugs that purped up were the very top ones):

0041489.JPG

The DWC had twice as much weed as the soil grown GDP; no surprise there. I just did the DWC to get a feel for hydro and it doesn't seem too hard. I didn't even check the PPM or pH levels or change the reservoir nutes often enough and it still did good. This is from the soil grown GDP; the DWC GDP is on the drying rack now. I got a bunch of albino crap buds from the middle and bottom of the plant, so I think I'll use my homemade BHO extraction tube again. I got me 2 shotglass sized jars of strong tinture in the freezer, but I got no pressed hash or kief. I'll do that in a few weeks when my Chem D plants chops. :)

Twice the yield! ... that does surprise me.

I know squat about hydro and I'm not likely to try it, but that's a bigger difference that I would have thought.

Nice crystally buds there, Chimp. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks Graytail. Neither plant did great, which is why the difference is probably unproportional. I like what I see in hydro, but I don't think I'll do it steady until I find the mothers I'm looking for or breed out what I want. I like the organic thing too; working with mineralized and super soils, but at the expense I'll probably keep it to stuff like this Bubba Kush or GDP (for full flavor and aroma). I like the control of soilless and liquid nutes so I'll be going back to SSM#8 and AN Iguana soon. I want to get experienced at all types of growing, though.

I saw the Flyover country location line you put on your info, and it reminded me of the story I saw the other day about scientists figuring out why ducks fly in a v formation. I didn't read it but thought to myself it's so the second duck don't get a face full of $hit they need scientists to figure that out? Then I thought man the world always wants to keep a working man broke and doing it all; we're the last duck in the back getting a faceful of everybody's $hit what a drag but I'll get over it I got weed as a matter of fact I got enough of it you scientists should conduct your next research on why PotChimps can't fly in a straight line..... ;)

Update: I trimmed all the weak growth out of the OTH clone last night. Hopefully I can keep it tame until it flowers out, but I'm not getting my hopes up there. The Free Tibet clone is looking good except for this extreme cold which has the rootball somewhat locked up (the soil has been wet for a week and even though I know it's in a soil with nutes premixed in it, it is showing N deficiency). The clones are going slow and some may not take (again, the cold). And I've been tumbling trim, making tinctures, pressing hash, and stashing kief :) But I can't do any honey oil 'cause it's too cold outside for the butane to boil off..... :(

C'mon Spring.....

Free Tibet looks great!

And OTH looks better, too. Is that a smallish pot it's in? If so, good idea - maybe slow it down some.

Even though this is a bad one to do it with, here's my basic reveg (for a clone) method. I start with the plant (this one didn't do well so it may not take):

0011640.JPG

Then I cut it down to about 10" tall, cutting the lower branches also. I try to leave areas whole and undisturbed that have developed budsites I think may take:

014584.JPG

This is one I cut more to try to reveg the whole plant and flower it again. Quite a few budsites should pop up on this one, then I'll trim the inner ones out and try to form a shape:

015526.JPG
QUOTE]

The first pic above (Pre '98 Bubba Kush S1 reveg). Success :)

0021661.JPG

The second pic above (Bubba Kush - Katsu cut S1 reveg). Probable success :)

0041507.JPG

When these grow out further, I'll show what I do with them at that point, Buckshot.

Back
Top Bottom