Radogast's Hi-Brix Basement Grow - New Location - New Soil - New Experiences

That sounds so familiar.

My first cloner bucket sprays against the walls of the bucket, so you can lift the lid and inspect without unplugging the water pump. I got VERY used to that. My second cloner bucket is larger, but the water sprays up like sprinkler heads. I tried using it for a couple of weeks, but I lost clones because I kept forgetting to plug it back in - 3 or 4 times in about two weeks. I'm back to using my first one again :)

I've never done the colloidal silver thing to self some seeds, but 1 of my 3 previous Borderliners grew a nanner, so maybe I'll get lucky and the seed of the nanner will grow another nanner and I can harvest some seeds. I have 4 current nanner seeds. One is tiny, one is soaking, the other 2 look viable. If I get new seeds/viable seeds I'll be thinking of you.
Well good luck hope it works out wudnt that breed the hermie trait into those seeds then? And yea my cloner bucket now is like that where it sprays the sides and kinda up 2 lol wen I take the lid off while it still sprays it dnt get much water everywhere but still I dnt want my bulb or wires getting wet so I turn it off but now I have a big sign that says make sure cloner bucket is ON right above it on the where my dry erase board is lol but right now im working with the black domina hindukush skunk seeds i made i hope they turn female i didnt get alot of big dark beans a fair few of medium sized ones and alot of tiny under developed ones that crushed wen I would apply alil pressure not even much but I got roughly 30 seeds that I hope pop and arent all male lol

Well good luck hope it works out wudnt that breed the hermie trait into those seeds then? And yea my cloner bucket now is like that where it sprays the sides and kinda up 2 lol wen I take the lid off while it still sprays it dnt get much water everywhere but still I dnt want my bulb or wires getting wet so I turn it off but now I have a big sign that says make sure cloner bucket is ON right above it on the where my dry erase board is lol but right now im working with the black domina hindukush skunk seeds i made i hope they turn female i didnt get alot of big dark beans a fair few of medium sized ones and alot of tiny under developed ones that crushed wen I would apply alil pressure not even much but I got roughly 30 seeds that I hope pop and arent all male lol

Some people make a HUGE deal about hermies - - I don't consider nanners to be hermie.

Nanners happen when the girl flowers want to be sexed up and when no males come to service them they take matters into their own hands and sprout a bannana or two. The nanners can drip a tiny trickle of pollen on a few flowers directly beneath them.

To me, hermie is when part of a girl plant grows ball sacs that hang down off the crotch of a branch and/or cluster into a flower top of only male flowers. Those male bits are capable of spewing 18 gazillion bits of pollen into the air and fertilizing every receptive female flower within 3 miles.

I found 4 seeds FOUR SEEDS in 2 ounces of female flowers from that Borderliner (her name was Iman.) If I every plant I grew produced exactly 4 seeds I would be ecstatic. I love a nanner or two on a girl. Why do people have to be denying Iman her fun?

So in my opinion,
Nanners = a small drop of Habanero chili sauce on an omelet - the spice of life.

Hermies = a boarding school full of boys having a food fight splooging horseradish over everything, including the walls and ceiling - I'm not eating anything inside that room.

Some people make a HUGE deal about hermies - - I don't consider nanners to be hermie.

Nanners happen when the girl flowers want to be sexed up and when no males come to service them they take matters into their own hands and sprout a bannana or two. The nanners can drip a tiny trickle of pollen on a few flowers directly beneath them.

To me, hermie is when part of a girl plant grows ball sacs that hang down off the crotch of a branch and/or cluster into a flower top of only male flowers. Those male bits are capable of spewing 18 gazillion bits of pollen into the air and fertilizing every receptive female flower within 3 miles.

I found 4 seeds FOUR SEEDS in 2 ounces of female flowers from that Borderliner (her name was Iman.) If I every plant I grew produced exactly 4 seeds I would be ecstatic. I love a nanner or two on a girl. Why do people have to be denying Iman her fun?

So in my opinion,
Nanners = a small drop of Habanero chili sauce on an omelet - the spice of life.

Hermies = a boarding school full of boys having a food fight splooging horseradish over everything, including the walls and ceiling - I'm not eating anything inside that room.
Lmao man that me laugh but great explanation :rofl: yea i notice with my purple kush she tends to spit a few nanners as well and every other plant or so ends up with 3 to 8 seeds on the whole plant so not to bad. And now with this grow run i got 2 of my purple kush going and one is from the seeds i collected.

Hey Rad! Dropping in to say hi! I like that explanation of the difference between nanners and hermies. I've had nanners in my last few grows but no seeds yet. I'd rather not get any seeds at this point. I bought some and have more than I can use for a bunch of years, ha! :rofl:

:passitleft:

Hey there Rad... I agree on the Hermie thing... completely normal. Leave a cannabis plant grow long enough or stress her enough, she will get a few nanners.

A true hermaphroditic plant will have about the same number of female and male bits and you will know right away there's something wrong going on at the beginning of flowers. This is a genetic trait as is nanners, however a hermaphroditic plant deserves the short trip to the compost pile.

Here like this - Hermaphrodite:

1458298913.jpg

A "nanner" in comparison (little yellow things that look like a banana) no male bits :

P10001451.JPG

a hermaphroditic plant deserves the short trip to the compost pile.

Hatin on the hermies.
Life happens... and sometimes in the most wonderful of ways. One never knows if there's a baby under that king cake slice or not after all.

I utter these words because of some recent accidental crossings that have worked out well. Lucky.

Today I moved my first hempy into the flower area.

Haze x Kali China is about 13" tall. I would normally let her grow about 3" taller, but she just seemed ready.

20171205_130748-1.jpg

Her canopy is about 22" across. I hope she enjoys hanging with the older girls. They might tease her because she has no soil.

20171205_130102-1.jpg

Hatin on the hermies.
Life happens... and sometimes in the most wonderful of ways. One never knows if there's a baby under that king cake slice or not after all.

I utter these words because of some recent accidental crossings that have worked out well. Lucky.

My accidental crossing seed of White Widow x Hawaiian Skunk has not popped yet. I stored these seeds in old pill bottles and they dried out.

My 'nanner seed of Borderliner did a first for me. She split and showed her tail without sinking first.

20171205_125013-1.jpg

I slathered some paint on a plastic jar that used to contain cashews and drilled a hempy hole.
I added about 1ml of osmocote+ (one layer of prills about the size of a quarter) to a quart of perlite.

Since her 'nanner mother was Iman, I named her Lexi.

20171206_140111-1.jpg

A little divot for the seed, plant the seed, add water and she is ready to grow.

20171206_135323-1.jpg

I love the environmentals in winter in the basement. Darn near perfect.

20171206_133501-1.jpg

Today I moved my first hempy into the flower area.

Haze x Kali China is about 13" tall. I would normally let her grow about 3" taller, but she just seemed ready.

20171205_130748-1.jpg

Her canopy is about 22" across. I hope she enjoys hanging with the older girls. They might tease her because she has no soil.

20171205_130102-1.jpg

My accidental crossing seed of White Widow x Hawaiian Skunk has not popped yet. I stored these seeds in old pill bottles and they dried out.

My 'nanner seed of Borderliner did a first for me. She split and showed her tail without sinking first.

20171205_125013-1.jpg

I slathered some paint on a plastic jar that used to contain cashews and drilled a hempy hole.
I added about 1ml of osmocote+ (one layer of prills about the size of a quarter) to a quart of perlite.

Since her 'nanner mother was Iman, I named her Lexi.

20171206_140111-1.jpg

A little divot for the seed, plant the seed, add water and she is ready to grow.

20171206_135323-1.jpg

I love the environmentals in winter in the basement. Darn near perfect.

20171206_133501-1.jpg
Dam rad congrats i haven't gotten to flip any of my hempy girls yet i wana do each batch all at once so that way it's less mixing nutes lol. But yea i have 2 batches of hempy girls going right now. My remo nutes batch of girls, and my new an ph perfect batch. Which is ultra dog n my black domina hindukush x and a devils carnival clone lol. I cant wait to flip my d.c. those do sure seem to be some good meds. Anyway jus wanted to say gud luck glad to see ur hempy grow is going good for ya brotha.

Holy cow that a grown clone! Roots goin on forever. Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair, so that I may climb thy golden stair.
How long did it take to get that big? I'd put my money on 4 weeks.
I'm generally to impatient to let them go that long.

Closer to 2 and a half weeks for those roots.

11/20 - I took 2 cuts.

11/23 - one of the cuts (with the larger leaves) had 2-3 roots 2-3" long.
I planted that one in a greeen bucket but I broke off the longest root while planting, so I saved the other one with no roots yet.

12/7 - The first one isn't thriving so I planted the second one with 2 weeks of root growth

The first one not thriving (yet)

20171208_142257.jpg

The second one with 2 weeks of root growth

20171207_101341-1.jpg

My veg area today

20171208_142906.jpg

I'm real interested in how the rapunzel roots planted down to the hempy hole (front left) do vs the shorter roots of the first one (front bucket right)

20171208_143130.jpg

Thanks for the gift

One of the nice people here at :420: magazine who happened to buy new pippettes shared some of his extras with me. This very nice. It saved me the hassle of ordering, saved a few dollars for shipping, and I don't have to procrastinate anymore.

So that's a nice thing. :)

I planned a photo showing the pippettes spilling out of the mailer with a partially full pippette. I laid out the display, filled the pippette to about 1.0 ml and got ready to take a picture.

I decided to fill the pippette with 1.5 ml tea 'cause that's what I was going to use - then I shook the bottle with the top off and made a mess of everything.

20171211_130505-1.jpg

:oops:

In this photo, I am just about to scoop up 8 oz of tea mixture for the one plant getting tea & water, then add 14 ml of GE for the two plants getting GE + tea + water.

I did not shake the open bottle of GE and did not make another mess. :)

20171211_130558-1.jpg

I have plants that seem to have some nutritional stress. Two plants look like this.

20171209_120911-1.jpg

20171209_121159-1.jpg

One plant, in the flower area, looks like this

20171209_120502-1.jpg

20171209_120457-1.jpg

I decided to reduce the water PH. Next time I water, instead of 4 drops per pail (PH 6.0-6.2 ), I will use 5 drops per pail.

2 White Widow x Hawaiian Skunk seeds did not germinate.

Looking closely, I see there is some form of powdery mold growing on the seeds.

20171209_122904-1.jpg

I soaked 3 new seeds in half 91% isopropyl alcohol / half water for 5 minutes then dropped them in water to germinate. I was going to try a hydrogen peroxide solution, but I couldn't find any under the sink. Maybe bleach would have been better. I won't store seeds in a "press and twist" pill bottle again.

Sounds like that day was a bit more 'eventful' than you might've liked Rad! Hope you get the possible deficiency thing sorted out. I wish I could offer some nuggets of wisdom and experience but alas, I'm a rookie with no hempy/hydro knowledge at all.

Sending blessings to your garden

:circle-of-love:

Sounds like that day was a bit more 'eventful' than you might've liked Rad! Hope you get the possible deficiency thing sorted out. I wish I could offer some nuggets of wisdom and experience but alas, I'm a rookie with no hempy/hydro knowledge at all.

Sending blessings to your garden

:circle-of-love:

Me too. We could be twins :)

Nanners are most often sterile so no seeds would result from them. :Namaste:

Is this true? I don't see how that can be. I'm getting ready to try using the pollen from some nanners from my Devil's Carnival on her offspring, following Soma's instructions. It works for him so well that he gave it a name, Rodelization, named after the friend who helped him learn how to use nanners to make seeds.

I believe the trick is to not remove them before harvest, and to dry them on the plant. Most of us remove them as soon as we see them, and they may well be sterile then. I hope it works for me. I could use those particular seeds.

Rad, concerning your deficiency problems, the browned edges appear to be a classic potassium deficiency, and the one with white spots looks to be pH deviations. I keep mine at 5.5 when I use nutrients that require pH adjustments. That's what Rev. Tead taught me, and it's never failed to grow sparkling beauties. Any damage to mine was beyond nutrient concerns. I had a nasty habit of frying them under the lights, and they still produced.

Sorry about the seeds. :hug: Next time let them dry out longer. That's probably what happened there. Can't think of any other reason they'd have mildewed.

I can't tell you how many times I've shaken one of those bottles with the lid loose. :laughtwo: I've made my fair share of messes, believe me. I've learned not to yell at myself when I do that. It's more fun to laugh as I reach for the sponge. :laughtwo:

Is this true? I don't see how that can be. I'm getting ready to try using the pollen from some nanners from my Devil's Carnival on her offspring, following Soma's instructions. It works for him so well that he gave it a name, Rodelization, named after the friend who helped him learn how to use nanners to make seeds.

I believe the trick is to not remove them before harvest, and to dry them on the plant. Most of us remove them as soon as we see them, and they may well be sterile then. I hope it works for me. I could use those particular seeds.

I don't see how that can be true either.
It makes no sense to create a new pollen source to self fertilize and then have the process fail because the pollen was sterile.
I don't KNOW this to be true, so I didn't object to the statement.

Rad, concerning your deficiency problems, the browned edges appear to be a classic potassium deficiency, and the one with white spots looks to be pH deviations. I keep mine at 5.5 when I use nutrients that require pH adjustments. That's what Rev. Tead taught me, and it's never failed to grow sparkling beauties. Any damage to mine was beyond nutrient concerns. I had a nasty habit of frying them under the lights, and they still produced.

I'm banking on the the spots being a ph issue, and I was hoping the browned edges would be PH based nutrient lockout.

The osmocote+ dosage may be a little high, so I was wondering if it could also be nutrient burn, but the damage seems too localized.

One would hope that a plant drawing on a 'complete' fertilizer would be smart enough to find the nutrition it needs in the hempy soup, but maybe plants aren't smart enough to be selective without the help of their mycorrhizal partners.

Whatever it is, my nutrient shelf is empty except for the doc bud kit and the osmocote+. They may have some foxfarm nutes and lawn fertilizers at the hardware store. I haven't really checked.

Sorry about the seeds. :hug: Next time let them dry out longer. That's probably what happened there. Can't think of any other reason they'd have mildewed.

The seed thing is the opposite of freshly harvested. The seeds were stored at room temperature in either baggies or pill bottles since two summers ago. The ones I tried out of the pill bottles are a little dried out and have some dusty growth on them. I more like "dry rot" than a damp mold, but I imagine some humidity was needed to get that stuff growing.

I have a new seed off an AK47 this week - probably a nanner. I'm wonderig how long I have to wait until I plant it.

I can't tell you how many times I've shaken one of those bottles with the lid loose. :laughtwo: I've made my fair share of messes, believe me. I've learned not to yell at myself when I do that. It's more fun to laugh as I reach for the sponge. :laughtwo:

Same here. I shrugged it off and decided to take the photo anyway :)

Thanks for sharing your wisdom. People here seem to share a delusion that I understand plant deficiencies - I don't.

Thanks for the gift

One of the nice people here at :420: magazine who happened to buy new pippettes shared some of his extras with me. This very nice. It saved me the hassle of ordering, saved a few dollars for shipping, and I don't have to procrastinate anymore.

I planned a photo showing the pippettes spilling out of the mailer with a partially full pippette. I laid out the display, filled the pippette to about 1.0 ml and got ready to take a picture.

I decided to fill the pippette with 1.5 ml tea 'cause that's what I was going to use - then I shook the bottle with the top off and made a mess of everything.

20171211_130505-1.jpg

In this photo, I am just about to scoop up 8 oz of tea mixture for the one plant getting tea & water, then add 14 ml of GE for the two plants getting GE + tea + water.

20171211_130558-1.jpg

I have plants that seem to have some nutritional stress. Two plants look like this.

20171209_120911-1.jpg

20171209_121159-1.jpg

20171209_120502-1.jpg

20171209_120457-1.jpg

I decided to reduce the water PH. Next time I water, instead of 4 drops per pail (PH 6.0-6.2 ), I will use 5 drops per pail.

20171209_122904-1.jpg

I soaked 3 new seeds in half 91% isopropyl alcohol / half water for 5 minutes then dropped them in water to germinate. I was going to try a hydrogen peroxide solution, but I couldn't find any under the sink. Maybe bleach would have been better. I won't store seeds in a "press and twist" pill bottle again.
Shit im having the same issue with some seeds i made n that is exactly how I saved mine as well. My gpa said he always used to store his seeds in a blacked out old pill bottle or a film canister. But yea what is the best way 2 store ur seeds for along time?

Thanks for the gift

20171211_130505-1.jpg

20171211_130558-1.jpg

20171209_120911-1.jpg

20171209_121159-1.jpg

20171209_120502-1.jpg

20171209_120457-1.jpg

20171209_122904-1.jpg

Dam rad sry to hear bout the deficiency in ur girls. Is it the girls that u used alot of osmo+ on? Jus wondering if it was maybe 2 much or maybe it wasn't mixed into the perlite enuf or sumthn idk? I'm not to familiar with osmo growing lol. But I'm sure with ur great gardening skills u will turn her around n she will be stunning come harvest.

Back
Top Bottom