Real Grand Daddy Purp From Seed

I've been doing GLR all of this grow. so I think you will like it. but mine were from clones and sense I'am not doing a side by side I cant say if the plants would be any larger. the only thing is the single leaf thats got me wondering. or if that even matters.
anyway it seems like a good thing.

is it digital or magnetic?

Digital :)

Here is a list of things I will be upgrading as this grow progresses: 36Lx20Wx63H mother/clone tent and 2' 4 bulb T5 bank for in the tent. I am on my way to bigger and better things. Saving every penny is helping. I am anticipating the purchase of the items the week before the flip to flower which means if I have a girl I will be growing this strain for a little bit. :) I am deciding that this is one of my favorite hobbies and figure I should invest in it as much as my other few hobbies. :cheer:

Subbed!:popcorn: How much does one of those seeds cost if you don't mind me asking?

Welcome to the grow and it is my pleasure to meet you. As for the seed, the one I have I believe it was $19 and some change as I did not purchase this seed. I have seen the imitation strains for about half that. This strain was unavailable in seed form until late 2011 and was clone only before that. There are a lot of imitation seeds out there and I hear they perform well but I am excited to have the real deal.

So I am going to try GLR this time around and I am curious if I can do it from seed start? I am hoping so. I read Twelve12's blog on GLR and found it to be quite impressive and well thought out. I can not wait for my BPN order and my 400w set up to arrive. I am already to modify the closet again for this stage of my grow closet improvements. I think it will be neat to see how my 150w hps does as side lighting. Any one try using a HID light as side light before?

That'd be a lot of light for one small space, if i were you, I'd use the 150w to set up a new grow space. I've heard that you can overdo it on light, and seems like it'd use a lot of electricity too.

wow thank you TG for the reps:)

That'd be a lot of light for one small space, if i were you, I'd use the 150w to set up a new grow space. I've heard that you can overdo it on light, and seems like it'd use a lot of electricity too.

I bet I do not have as much stretch this grow. ;) I have never heard of to much light as I can never get to the actual output of the sun. The only concern will be heat I believe. As for electricity I will be using less than 600w so it would be similar to running a 600w ballast. It is just an idea and I want to see if it will work as I have the new light set up coming and it is dimmable. :)

it is possible to exceed the light of the sun in a small space things like bleaching will occur, but not likely with a 600watt range of light, dimmable ballasts are nice all 3 of mine are, its nice to have more than 1 source of light you get better coverage and growth,in general id say use as much light as you have if you can manage the heat , my favorite light is the 600watt it delivers more per watt than the 1k and puts out alot less heat too, many growers favor using more bulbs & ballasts of the smaller 600 rather than the 1000watter for the reasons i stated with a dimmable you can get away with using them in smaller spaces, i think your gonna love your new rig:thumb:

it is possible to exceed the light of the sun in a small space things like bleaching will occur, but not likely with a 600watt range of light, dimmable ballasts are nice all 3 of mine are, its nice to have more than 1 source of light you get better coverage and growth,in general id say use as much light as you have if you can manage the heat , my favorite light is the 600watt it delivers more per watt than the 1k and puts out alot less heat too, many growers favor using more bulbs & ballasts of the smaller 600 rather than the 1000watter for the reasons i stated with a dimmable you can get away with using them in smaller spaces, i think your gonna love your new rig:thumb:

I am hoping so.As we all saw with the last grow I had to much stretch but it did the job and it was my biggest problem of the whole grow. This one is going to be much better!

Update: Closet is clean and seed is in soil. All I need now is my 400w and my Blue Planet Nutrients order. :)

IMG_057519.JPG

Looks nice! Are you going to start it out with that hps?

Only until the new light gets here. The 150w will be gentle enough for the beginning then I will run the new ballast at 100w (25%) and gradually increase to 400w over the next couple weeks. Also when the new hood gets here I will finish my duct work.

Back
Top Bottom