Real Grand Daddy Purp From Seed

If you could grab a cheap 6500k cfl bulb it would be alot better for it. The color temp of a hps bulb is not good for vegetative growth and I imagine it would be even worse for its first few days. You can pick a cfl bulb at most stores and they are not too expensive.

If you could grab a cheap 6500k cfl bulb it would be alot better for it. The color temp of a hps bulb is not good for vegetative growth and I imagine it would be even worse for its first few days. You can pick a cfl bulb at most stores and they are not too expensive.

I started the last grow with this same light and did fine. I tied up a lot of money on the new light kit and duct work. You can run HPS from start to finish if you had to but I believe it does not work with MH. Also I am thinking of this as a little test due to recent discussions around the forums about light patterns of the sun as we move during seasons. It had me thinking that if the sun is more like HPS at the end of a plants season would in not be the same at the beginning and gradually brighten to the MH spectrum? I am going to test this theory hence why I started this seed before I had the new light. I guess we will see the results in a short time and I hope to see my theory pay off.

I'm not saying that you hps light wont work just that a $5 cfl bulb will yield a much happier plant. The heat and intensity of a hps is also not good for early plants. If you do run it make sure to keep an eye on the temps at your dirt/plant level. I'm sure others with more knowledge than me will chime in.

No offense taken by any means and the point you are making is very accurate. My current temps have been between 68-77 in the room. I appreciate the concern as you are right with temps and the possible shock of the HPS. If it looks like it is going bad I will but my 2' cheapo flouro back in and kill the HPS for a little bit.

Hey TacticalGrow can you tell us the name of the breeder? I think the GDP seeds I was saving up to get is by a different breeder, but there was no feminized seeds available so maybe its the one?
I have a couple of GDP x Larry OG that I will grow out next year. I want to grow some straight GDP like yur doin.
Im subbed.

Hey TacticalGrow can you tell us the name of the breeder? I think the GDP seeds I was saving up to get is by a different breeder, but there was no feminized seeds available so maybe its the one?
I have a couple of GDP x Larry OG that I will grow out next year. I want to grow some straight GDP like yur doin.
Im subbed.

Glad to see you join the ride! I replied to your question via PM. As stated earlier in this journal there are a ton of imitations out there. Hope you enjoy this grow.

No offense taken by any means and the point you are making is very accurate. My current temps have been between 68-77 in the room. I appreciate the concern as you are right with temps and the possible shock of the HPS. If it looks like it is going bad I will but my 2' cheapo flouro back in and kill the HPS for a little bit.

I think this could be a very good ideer. Really I would hang it under the hps with a couple chains and it would be easy to remove. If you already have one use it. It will help stop the stretch some. I think it would be well worth the effort.

hey TG guess I will chime in with my 2cents
the hps as you know will work fine and add the flous. why not unless you aint got no place to plug it in.
If yant to you could check out a ceramic metal halide, that will work in your fixture.
but I have done the last 5 grows with my hps and some 4'flous and have been happy everytime. not saying that I may have been more happy with some other light setup cause I dont know never done it>
anyway cant wait to see that see shoosting up from the earth and giving you some big smiles:)

Glad you are here nugman! You have not missed a thing as the girl has yet to sprout. ;)

We have lift off!!! Sprout has popped only 5 days after popping her in soil. Here we go! :)

IMG_059115.JPG
IMG_0591b.jpg

Awsome:cheer:

Fantastic. :party: now it's time to seat back and watch the show. :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom