Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

Hey Leester,
Good start to a new outdoor season. You outdoor box is cool mate, wish I had somewhere to set something like that up.

Whats in your super soil mix mate?

Thanks mate, the super soil mix is 0.14 - 0.09 -0 .02

Also containes 0.25% iron, as well is being derived from urea and ureaform. Decided to give a different brand a try, it looks pretty good and the plants seem pretty happy thus far...

Glad to have ya aboard JBC =D:Namaste:

Thanks mate, the super soil mix is 0.14 - 0.09 -0 .02

Also containes 0.25% iron, as well is being derived from urea and ureaform. Decided to give a different brand a try, it looks pretty good and the plants seem pretty happy thus far...

Glad to have ya aboard JBC =D:Namaste:

Have you added anything to this soil or is it bought like this, just trying to determine what makes it super soil mate?

Have you added anything to this soil or is it bought like this, just trying to determine what makes it super soil mate?

Nope I bought it from the store, it is called "Super Soil".

Has a similar slow-release fertilizer to the MG, which is the ureaform. It allows the slow-release of nitrogen through bacterial absorption. It has a bit more mulch than the MG, and when I was breaking it up it seemed real nice with decomposing organic matter,etc. It's obviously a commerical brand not much different to MG, just wanted to try something different. It is not a "special concoction" that some people call their own" Super Soil"- Sorry if you thought that was what I was referring to.

Had a great day!
CH_001.jpg
CH_002.jpg
CH_003.jpg

PS Sorry for the inversion, it did not have that orientation prior to the upload!!!!!

Had the MSDS for the "SuperSoil" sent to me by a customer service representive. It contains either 60-85% composted bark,or 60-85% sawdust , with 10-30% sphagnum peat moss by weight, and less than one percent of urea,ammonium phosphate, potassium nitrate, and ferrous sulfate.

I finally made it here. :) Better late than never. I am looking forward to this!

A little update. It's funny, these plants are growing as much in a few weeks what could be done indoors in days. But It's better to have them naturally adapted to their environment quicker, and ready to spring up when the weather turns around. A few of the plants have wrinkled up leaves, and it seems even though the slug and snail bait was out, a few of the plants are munched up as well. But they're continuing to put out new growth, so who knows, they could even turn out to be my best females, weird shit happens like that. But I may end up replacing them with some of the new "Hippie OG" sprouts I got going, that stuff is RANKETY DANK. Been getting this "Cheese" from the dispensary, it is amazing, half skunked out, and half that authentic UK cheese flavor.

Anyway here are some shots, cheers all
Update2_002.jpg
Update2_001.jpg

Thanks, the plants are in low-gear right now, but when the high heat comes they're going to spring up. The "magic seaweed" is going to be the perfect aid, I feel, since they're really only hundreds of feet from the beach. A nice oceanic supplement, like sea kelp should help put them in their home moreso. They've got a good head start, they're putting a lot of energy into the thickness of their stems is what I noticed. 2-3 of the plants have a bit of a wrinkling issue, and they look flat out raggety. The rest look strong, nice and healthy though. I may end up replacing the raggety ones with the OG if they don't show signs of worth.

Later on I will order some special organic fertilizer for teas, and more. Probably some imported bat guano, or some kind of variety.
Im gonna need a lot of organic fertilizer too because of the Brocolli that I'll be growing, I've heard it can be pretty hard to grow, and needs tons of nutrients to produce large "heads" as they call it, in the herb world being the colas.

I'm so glad I have the OG, I hope it turns out to be a rewarding in the end. It's going to be pretty interesting to see how many of them are female, and how many are male. Hope I don't get screwed too bad, lol.

Excited for the fruits to come!:Namaste:

Another update, overall happy with the establishment of these stalks, they're coming along nicely an in accordance with the surroundings. As it heat's up I know I will continue to see accelerated growth. Even though they're still a bit young, I decided today was the day to give the healthy ones their first topping, which ended up to be 9 out of the 11 plants. To most of them I also applied the first LST string, it will be interesting to see how they respond. A good portion of them have short internodal distances with lower under-growth just begging for some sunlight, exactly as it was in my indoor grow, who knows, it's completely fair game as to who is going to be male or female. It might have been a bit early to do all this, but from experience, I know the resiliency of these species, and seeds, I think they'll be fine. It's hard to kill a weed.

Another thing, I found some mold beneath the pots that concentrated specifically on the (wet) snail and slug bait. So I used a trowel to scoop it up and remove it, I'm hoping its a species that only thrives off those specific chemicals, considering there are many different species of fungus, because I don't want this to become a mold den later in flower. Nothing like all your hard work in veg lost to some worms and some bud rot...

Onto the photos, sorry for ranting, but it is data that needs to be collected into the journal :)
IMG_157312.jpg
IMG_15749.jpg
IMG_15757.jpg
IMG_157611.jpg
IMG_15785.jpg
IMG_15778.jpg

This is one of the smaller raggety ones that hadn't got as much light as the others due to its initial position, I gave it some nice sun today. Who knows, it could even be a female.
IMG_158110.jpg
IMG_15809.jpg

:Namaste:

Good work bro! I would not fret over the mold. Heck I had mold growing on top of my soil when my plants where a few weeks old.
I have yet to have any problems and its getting close to harvest! I would say everything is alive and well. The plants and the soil.

Good work bro! I would not fret over the mold. Heck I had mold growing on top of my soil when my plants where a few weeks old.
I have yet to have any problems and its getting close to harvest! I would say everything is alive and well. The plants and the soil.

Thanks Hank for the reps and kind words. Best of luck with your harvest too.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom