Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

Anyone ever used "Dr. Earth's Bat Guano?" Supposed to be loaded with micro-organisms. Was thinking about picking up a kilo of it, since it is a cheaper alternative towards some imported from Indonesia lol.

Anyway, the plants have been enjoying life. A small observation, half of my bean collection consists of larger beans,about the size of apple seeds almost lol. I noticed these larger beans sprout quicker, grow faster, bigger, and taller. Im guessing this is phenotype and genetics at play, since not all seeds are exactly the same.

The hippie OG seeds that are Much Much smaller, 1/2 the size or more of the regular sativa seeds I have, they seem like they are growing much much slower, and shorter. Who know's, I Just want to see how those smaller seeds grow.

Tomorrow I plan on watering with the magic seaweed, SNS-209, with possibily a small amount of "Liquinox (10-10-5) Grow" but it will depend on how the plants feel. They will definitely get the SNS-209, and sea weed, as it will help the pH go down a little too.

I think I'll plan on adding the bat guano when they're about to flower though.

Cheers, hope all is well in your worlds mates:peace:

Well Dr. Earth is nitrogen dominant, so it may be better application for vegetation, I will rely on my Fox Farm's Tiger Bloom (2-8-4) for those dense buds. I don't want leafy bud lol.

But I do want those soil microbes!!!

:D

Interesting news guys, two of the plants seemed to show their sex after the LST and topping, it seems it may have been in response to.....? So I ended up trashing two plants today! They had male flowers without a doubt, but if anyone wants to interject I'd love to hear!! Other than that, all else is going well. The plants have finally penetrated the Jiffy Pots and are sending their roots down deep. the roots are growing/coming in thick as opposed to spread out and thin. Like, they can have less roots, but thicker ones and get away with the same water/nutrient uptake.

Let me tell you, these Hippie OG Seeds are growing REALLY slow, that it worries me. ,But it may be because transplant shock, but OVER A WEEK!?!? The Random sativa seeds outgrow,and probably will ultimately outproduce the "Hippie OG" You can tell a good seed from a an OK seed is all I'm saying lol.

Anyhow, MOST of the plants responded well to the LST/topping other than the males, and have sprouted their individual tops ( 2 now versus 1 before ) and look pretty good. Some of the fan leaves are developing some major thick stem action though, and it literally seems as though the new 2 individual tops are sprouting directly off them! So I cannot defoliate now.... I need to wait until the heads reallllly form before I can even think about doing any kind of real defoliation.

Sorry for ranting all, here are the pics

Males first... they're in the trash dead now...
NEW321.jpg
NEW441.jpg

See the purps in them!?!? :D

Anyway...
IMG_160410.jpg
IMG_16058.jpg
IMG_160612.jpg
IMG_160712.jpg
IMG_160811.jpg
IMG_160913.jpg
IMG_161011.jpg
IMG_159912.jpg

:Namaste::420:

Looks like a success in the makin' Leester.! I have a question bout those degradeable seedling starting pots i tried them last year and they caused my girls to get a nice tight knot of roots. Or root bound or rather I left them in the to long. Once I split the bottom and sides seemed to still take longer than rest of plants, planted at same time and not it compostable seedling pots. How have they worked 4 U? Still have some round here was gettin' ready to trash um'. I not going outside this year. to many ghetto bird over flights last year for my level of peace. That netting is it available or is it some special order type stuff? Looks like good idea!

Looks like a success in the makin' Leester.! I have a question bout those degradeable seedling starting pots i tried them last year and they caused my girls to get a nice tight knot of roots. Or root bound or rather I left them in the to long. Once I split the bottom and sides seemed to still take longer than rest of plants, planted at same time and not it compostable seedling pots. How have they worked 4 U? Still have some round here was gettin' ready to trash um'. I not going outside this year. to many ghetto bird over flights last year for my level of peace. That netting is it available or is it some special order type stuff? Looks like good idea!

The Jiffy pots work great for me, and they are convienant. Like I said, the roots that ultimately penetrate the pot tend to grow a bit bigger, after all small, puny roots will have a harder time penetrating. A nice healthy, vigorous plant that can't be stopped is ideal. Sometimes that's not always the case, but they work great for me, including using them for other types of plants (tomatos,peppers, brocolli,etc) from seed. Some people haven't had as good results I guess.:Namaste:
PS The netting was something that we just had laying around to keep the birds off the strawberries. A roll that size would have to be ordered online, but local supply stores might carry something like it too.

Looking good mate. Keep up the good work!
Thank you buddy!:peace:

They seem to enjoy that natural sunnlight, plants looking good man especially the back row

Indeed, I believe they are very low-stress right now, I'm glad I got my topping and first LST string out of the way on the 2-3rd week. I suspect that the two males I trashed are a result of those stresses. I'm hoping I don't get too many more males. I'm trying to maximize my female percentages. High Nitrogen, moisture and high humidity, and cooler temperatures can help female ratios be more dominant in regular seeds... which is what I got. Only two of them have shown to be male so far, which makes me think if I had more males they'd of shown already. I'm going to be doing some major LST later I think, as I want to keep these things no taller than about 5 feet if possible...

:peace:

:cheer:
Man those stems are Beefing up I hope you already got your males too ;)

Will they stay in their pots to finish for ya like do the roots go through to the soil underneath?

I've been noticing that too about the stems, I can tell some of them want to be monsters. I'm still on the lookout for males or hermies. Last year with these same seeds I planted 6, and 3 became flawless females. But I guess it's really luck of the draw when I'm digging the seeds out of my collection jar...

Yeah they will stay in the containers they're in to finish they're all ~5-7 gallon, and worked fine last year for the size plants I'm looking for. In other words, the roots shouldn't have access to anything outside of the container itself...

I'm gonna be LSTing them to keep them under 5 feet tall, so I was counting on getting a few more males, but we'll have to wait and seeee

News:

After close examination of the plants today, I found that 3 more of them had pollen sacks forming, and so 3 more went into the trash today, luckily they weren't the best looking specimens.

I also noticed that 2 plants (even though not the best specimen) contain female pre-flowers, which is great to see. Now only if they'd show up on the 4 other plants that haven't shown sex yet, considering they are the nicest specimens!! One of them has 6 tops already, and I hope it's a female. I'm guessing I'll know for sure in the next 2 weeks, I haven't came across any hermies in this line of genetics, but you never know I guess...

The plants have a very potent smell to their leaves and stems, hard to describe it, but it smells great!

Interesting, I didn't think the plants would show their sexes this early, but I guess it makes sense.

I know brother, 3-4 of them are like Damnnn, already 6 tops growing at incredible rate, stem is over 1 cm in thickness already, the 2 in the front on the right I believe are female and are different genetics than the other 4.

What happens with the remaining 6 "plants" IM REALLY HOPING FOR females. Because 4 of these hopeful ladies look amazing.

LST did me well, and the fan leave stems are like full on stalks....

in a week or 2 ill know what's going on, and if I get too many males I can quickly plant another dozen beans, and still harvest around the same time with how fast these things grow....

:420:

Back
Top Bottom