Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2013

Hey smurf, glad to have you aboard.:)

Today I defoliated the plants and applied some new LST. Since is too late in the day, I will wait to tomorrow to water them. Tomorrow I'll water them with bacteria infused bat guano, SNS-209, and the Magic Seaweed (Sea kelp that is hand-scraped off of Alaskan rocks, it is purely organic)
IMG_16708.jpg
IMG_167311.jpg
IMG_16719.jpg

They're definitely pre-flowering, some would say I planted too early, they say that if they pre-flower and get re-verted back to veg that can cause hermies and "crappy bud". I'm just happy that I've got females in general, after how many fucking male plants I've seen lately.

Cheers all:peace:

They're definitely pre-flowering, some would say I planted too early, they say that if they pre-flower and get re-verted back to veg that can cause hermies and "crappy bud". I'm just happy that I've got females in general, after how many fucking male plants I've seen lately.

Cheers all:peace:

Yeah that was disappointing on your last grow seeing you get that far and SURPRISE! me on the other hand I actually want to find a male out of the 20 seeds I got. I want to have my own stock of premium seeds. Oh I didn't tell you... I actually found 1 single immature seed in that last grow I had. Have you ever seen that before?

Yeah that was disappointing on your last grow seeing you get that far and SURPRISE! me on the other hand I actually want to find a male out of the 20 seeds I got. I want to have my own stock of premium seeds. Oh I didn't tell you... I actually found 1 single immature seed in that last grow I had. Have you ever seen that before?

I have found one of those before. On my very first grow, I had a beautiful plant that yielded me two ounces of very nice, all female OG. To my surprise I found one seed, and was amazed because I didn't think I'd ever get to grow it again. I tried to germinate it, but nothing happened =(.

Yeah, well atleast last grow, I got the pollen stored away just in case. But I have a lot of seeds now, especially OG seeds. But I really enjoy growing these genetics a lot more. They respond to LST better, and can withstand drought really good, and the buds I got last year from them were amazing!

Update

Plants responded extremely well to their LST, and defoliatons. They were watered for the first time in a week with a solution of the bat guano, sea kelp, and SNS-209. For how big these ladies are already, it being only April, I know that I should have probably waited longer to plant. I may have trouble with how big they get, and the dimensions of the tent, but I'll just have to play it by ear!

Anyway, the plants are perked up amazingly nice, and they look like they couldn't be any happier.

Subb'd ...can't hurt to take a look. May your buds be plentiful and tasty to the max...

:Namaste:

I feel like they are going through a little bit of stretching. Going to be "super-cropping" these ladies however possible..
IMG_167513.jpg

These genetics respond nicely to LST, and quickly too. Not such a delicate species, starting to smell good too. The SNS-209 has given them a bit of a minty smell/flavor, but will be flushed out prior to harvest. I've seen less bugs on them too. Going to look into getting another kilo or two of bat guano, and some DE to put on top of the soil.

Not sure if people think I'm going over-board with the defoliations, but these genetics really like haircuts, and from what I've seen from Bassman I think it is a good idea if done correctly.
Cheers,
:Namaste:

Dam Lester 6 days later I Cant tell you defol'd them! I was wondering if they will always stay covered sorta like that. And I think I mentioned before about roots running through the pots, I think moving them often would root prune them, you probably do so Sorry on that. But when I see your pics that comes to my mind of going to move a pot there and hearing a snap! Nice happy plants Man:;):

Dam Lester 6 days later I Cant tell you defol'd them! I was wondering if they will always stay covered sorta like that. And I think I mentioned before about roots running through the pots, I think moving them often would root prune them, you probably do so Sorry on that. But when I see your pics that comes to my mind of going to move a pot there and hearing a snap! Nice happy plants Man:;):

Thanks brother, I can definitely tell how the bat guano has effected, wow , some really good stuff there. Yes, they will always stay covered, I may open the sides up to lower humidity in late flower, but yeah. I wouldn't be worried about the roots, they're not going to come through the bottom for awhile, and when they will, they'll be naturally pruned as there is no where for them to go. It's all rocks, and beneath that there are plastic trays.

Yeah these seeds love defols and LST apparently, they bounce back like nothing happened always, definitely a sign of good genetics. Who knows what I have..

Only thing I'm somewhat worried about is that a few of them have really begun to flower, shooting pistils out from everywhere. I believe they will be reverted to a full-vegetative state not long from now.. So not sure how that will effect things, or if they will just keep flowering, and finish when they finish, which would be cool. On top of that, I've been catching these small moth's that look exactly like the european-high flyer, I'm amazed how small they are, if these are the ones laying the eggs, they're small enough they could find their way into the buds through the net and tent still. Fuckers are atrocious!

:peace:

Here's the crew after just waking up in the morning
IMG_16928.jpg
IMG_16946.jpg

The next three photos are of my favorite plant
IMG_16957.jpg
IMG_16967.jpg
IMG_16987.jpg
IMG_17007.jpg
IMG_16995.jpg

IMG_17028.jpg

IMG_16978.jpg

These two are (I believe ) a different strain than my favorite plant.You can tell by the much darker leaf colors.
IMG_170310.jpg
IMG_17049.jpg
IMG_170511.jpg

PS Sorry for the inversions, I think 420mag's uploader tends to do it for some reason.

Beauties mate! Late but here for sure. Love me a good outdoor grow. U gonna share that soil mix? ;) subbed and repped

Beauties mate! Late but here for sure. Love me a good outdoor grow. U gonna share that soil mix? ;) subbed and repped

Haha thanks brother, glad to have you aboard!! I love me a good outdoor grow too. Bugs, butterflies, and moth's really coming out now so need to keep up a fighting battle. I think the secret so far has been the native clay that I had to dig deep to find, plus the topsoil that has been accumulating water run off for decades so it is insanely rich in mineral content. But I think they've really responded to this 7-strain bacteria infused bat guano, everything is so alive!

Thanks again canna :D and Congrats on your stellar win this month in POTM, that was such a beautiful plant!!! I hope mine turn out looking like that one! :Namaste::thanks::peace:

Thanks mate. Mineralizing is the way to go. Amend extra calcium nitrate and rock phosphorus if ur having too many issues. It'll jump ur brix and as we've all seen high brix plants seem unphasable lol. I did it with this last round, never really had bugs as an issue in the tents themselves but a lively neighbor decided to illegally plant 4 on my property so I commandeered them lol. Put then in mineralized super soil directly in ground just fir the hell of it (I can't bring myself to kill em.) We've had 4 nights in the low 30-high20 range and they're still looking bulletproof. May be worth looking into, some lime will help breakdown and lossen that clay a bit too if it ever starts messing with ya.

I know its a fine line with clay. Great stuff but heavy thick and has some serious water retention

Yeah, as for the soil and growth. Don't fixing something that ain't broke right?? Winds picked up and temperatures cooled off today, winds so high I can't actually get into the tent without causing wind burn, or having the tent take off like a kite. But I had to give three of them water today, and while I was doing that I noticed some tiny caterpillar babies nested between some leaves, like trying to make a cacoon with them. Surprised to see some this early on, although didn't seem to be the same phenotype I'm used to. Looks like I may have a lot harder time with the bugs than I planned, even with the tent. I'm going to just let them grow for another week, and then do a full body examination on each plant. If I find any signs of bugs at that point I'm going to spray them with Dr.Earth's Final Stop Insect Killer (organic pesticide).

The last thing I want is for the moths and caterpillars to set up home in the tent, to them it would appeal to be a jungle paradise. I think I'll end up making some hash this time around, but we'll see. My only worry comes from these bugs, going to ramp these up next week, and wait until the wind dies down.

Found 2 more caterpillars, each one nesteled between two leaves with some silk wrapped up. Also noticed small holes in the leaves where they may have been sucking out the nutrients. Checked every plant and every leaf and they should be mostly gone for now. Need to run to the store and get some DE/ladybugs/Safer BT spray. But next week I will do a full diagnosis and see if there's anymore. It just seems like when your plants are budding and are in their nicest phase the worms magically appear inside them, and then its too late (not that they are vulnerable as much now as they are later). Spraying a product will not penetrate the inner stems, which is how they travel. Luckily the ones I found today were not the same type as the european-corn borer, but still to see them this early is not good...With whatever gets infected by them, maybe I will just convert it to hash oil through alcohol but we'll see. Definitely going to be picking up a few squads of lady bugs...

Well, I think this is definitely the first generation of the moth's and butterflies, and the second generation is always the one that seems to be the killers because that's when I expect dense buds..
the perfect place.

Back
Top Bottom