Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2016

Beautiful!! :thumb:

Man them's beautiful, look at all the Tricome's all ready, just awesome. TOAST

:thanks: mates, I'm happy with the progress on everything. Now I'm just trying to get the front row of the planter to fill out a little bit, I watered and fed everything today so here are some pics of the planter plants

Here is the pure sativa pheno of the Blueberry x Santa maria - she's about to flower
IMG_72197.JPG

Hoping to get some more vegging out of these little plants in the front row, this is a Sour Diesel Dawg
IMG_72207.JPG

This here is a Jack Dawg
IMG_72215.JPG

Here's the natural flowering Underdawg
IMG_72228.JPG

The natural flowering Swiss Cheese
IMG_72235.JPG

And then here are some general planter groupies
IMG_72245.JPG
IMG_72256.JPG
IMG_72268.JPG

And one of the force flower group
IMG_72275.JPG

Hope everyone's gardens are growing good :Namaste:

Drive bye. Girls are looking good. I'm not sure what your using in fert's, but I'd throw some heavier nitrogen at them, alot have been looking kind of hungry. just my 2 cents. Always good to go as lite as possible with fert's unless they show signs of needing more. Buddage is looking sweet my friend, Keepem Green

Drive bye. Girls are looking good. I'm not sure what your using in fert's, but I'd throw some heavier nitrogen at them, alot have been looking kind of hungry. just my 2 cents. Always good to go as lite as possible with fert's unless they show signs of needing more. Buddage is looking sweet my friend, Keepem Green

Yeah they were all fed today and were very hungry. :morenutes:

Vegging specimens got 20-5-10 nitrogen dominant fast action D&S Step 2, while the flowering plants all got 3-9-4 Dr. Earth flower Girl probiotic brewed tea.

For the budding plants, I don't like to feed nitrogen dominant fertilizer once they have developed their heads, so they sometimes start to yellow off and change colors pretty quickly which is fine. I usually prefer it for the plant to become fully yellow by harvest time, I've found that if I feed a nitrogen dominant fertilizer to a flowering plant "just to get her green" it will only make the buds more leafier around the calyx clusters and also may (sometimes) lend an unwanted "grassy" chlorophyll flavor to the flowers. So the minimal nitrogen that they're getting from the tea and the broken down organic matter in the soil will be enough to sustain their chlorophyll needs.

I'm more concerned with replenishing their phosphate pools and giving them minimal nitrogen during flower. I want them to go yellow, and if I feed a flowering plant a nitrogen heavy fertilizer, I will probably ruin the ability for the yellow fade at harvest time. The yellow fade is a good thing in my opinion, it forces the plant at harvest time to begin breaking down its stored up nutrients, and gets rid of all excess nutes floating around, this is something that I think contributes to enhancing the essence of the flavor.

But yeah for the vegging specimens I for sure want them to go green. I want my flowering ladies to fade yellow slowly as they break down the organic matter in the soil.

The 7 strains of bacteria that are in the Dr. Earth tea will also help the plants obtain nitrogen from the organic matter, rather than in any kind of fast action feed, which I will avoid serving once the centralized flower head has formed. I want the plant to break down its own nutrients at harvest time. If it stays green up until harvest time it won't know to break itself down and harvest its own nutrients, and will just stay alive. But if I wanted to re-vegetate a specimen then I might consider doing a N heavy fertilizer in mid/hard flower.

I guess that's just my personal philosophy though ;)

Assorted flower pix; dried, cured, and ready to vaporize

Here is the sativa Blackberry, flavors are essentially raspberry fruit with black pepper undertones, this is actually one of nuggiest batches I've had of this, and this was from that ol' 'fussy girl. It is great medication though.
IMG_72316.JPG

Here is the Swiss Cheese, this is the "sweet tooth pheno" - the essence of the flavor can be described as: Extremely sweet and fruity like a pineapple. Hints of forest pine and intense fruit, with undertones of skunk that linger and waft easily
IMG_72325.JPG

Here is the Jack Dawg, though this batch did not purplize, it caught the essence of the flavors which are hard to describe. It is also sweet smelling, but much more sour. It leans towards a sour grape with skunk... it's like a sour candy, sort of like a sweet and sour red wine type of thing, it's a very sophisticated profile.
IMG_72346.JPG

Here is the Sour Diesel Dawg, this strain is quite nuggy and dense. Essentially this strain's flavors can be described as: sour lemon/lime with skunk. Very pungent skunk aroma fills the room when cracking a jar open. Tastes like lemon candy.
IMG_72354.JPG

Gotta love summer flowers :yummy: :Namaste:

Couple of shots from today, force flower area versus main planter. Blackberry is still shedding all the fan leaves, but also budding quite rapidly. Everything is right on schedule. Planning spraying some Azamax in the next day or two.

IMG_72387.JPG
IMG_72394.JPG

:Namaste:

:byebye:Relaxed One

A closer look at the force flowers as the Sun rises

This is the sativa Blackberry plant #1, which was put into force flower on 6/30, making this about 30 days in flower so far. You can see that the plant is developing quite rapidly, and even has a nice stable yellow fade coming. After she gets a dose of the 0-8-1 bat guano she'll really start to begin harvesting her own nutes.
IMG_72437.JPG

Here is the Jack Dawg specimen, who is showing signs of a coloration cascade, even in 80+ degree daytime temps and 70+ nighttime temps. The last batch didn't roll as hard, but I believe this ones gonna go.
IMG_72446.JPG
IMG_72455.JPG
IMG_72467.JPG

Here is sativa Blackberry plant #2 on day 24 since being put into force flower mode, this particular batch is budding much more rapidly than I've ever had before, I think this is playing into their metabolic rate and "fussyness" as I always call it. BB 1 and 2 are shedding leaves furiously and also doing the yellow fade, I think they're going through so much nutrients all at once trying to bud this fast that it's having a hard time balancing the act, however the buds that are forming are quite nice. They might grow to a smaller size because there is less large fan leaves accompanying the sites. But they are already very frosty.
IMG_72476.JPG
IMG_72526.JPG

Here is the Underdawg who has always been a very happy camper. This strain does not yield much compared to others, but boy the cannabis that comes off this plant is unlike anything I've ever got from the club or grew.
IMG_72489.JPG

Here is the Swiss Cheese who is also budding quite rapidly, this plant had been fertilized with a dose of fast action nitrogen heavy right before flower and it reacted really good as you can see. Now it's on the high P and bacterial diet, aiming for the yellow fade, slowly.
IMG_72495.JPG
IMG_72507.JPG
IMG_72547.JPG

And a couple of general group shots of the plants all lined up for the day
IMG_72515.JPG
IMG_72534.JPG

Today's gardening will consist of general plant inspections, as well as spraying a round of Azamax at dusk.

Here are a few pictures from this morning,

First here are the vegging mother clones (generation 10+ for the JD,SC, and UD - I stopped counting) of the main strains

Underdawg
IMG_72587.JPG

Jack Dawg
IMG_72594.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_72607.JPG

Sour Diesel Dawg
IMG_72615.JPG

Force flower group shot
IMG_72626.JPG

I plan to do another full update on the planter bed in a few days, the front row seems to be growing as planned and filling out a bit, while various specimens are beginning to really flower and bud.

Have a good day!

A few more pics documenting the current batch of force flowers, I find it hard to resist taking photographs walking back and forth past these plants throughout the day. So when I see a good angle, I just have to snap it! Usually the best angles are at 2-3 PM for me, however the morning angles right now are pretty good too!

IMG_72666.JPG
IMG_72676.JPG
IMG_72688.JPG

Hope everyone's gardens are green and growing good. :Namaste:

Enjoy another wonderful day on Earth folks :adore:

:surf:

Onward to the full planter bed. Still hoping to get some more decent growth out of the front row, but it is growing just as I planned so far.

Here is the pure sativa BB x SM pheno that is starting to bloom.
IMG_72708.JPG

Sour Diesel Dog (tri-tops)
IMG_72715.JPG

IMG_72838.JPG

Jack Dawg with 1 main branch but also a few secondary ones
IMG_72734.JPG

Underdawg trucking along in flower mode, furthest along of the natural flowers
IMG_72746.JPG

IMG_72765.JPG

Group shot
IMG_72754.JPG

Swiss Cheese
IMG_72775.JPG

IMG_72856.JPG

the recently released JD and UD
IMG_72783.JPG

(JD)
IMG_72867.JPG

a BB x SM
IMG_72795.JPG

Here is the other SDD that is finally mostly recovered
IMG_72804.JPG

the recently released SC
IMG_72814.JPG

Ol' Man Fang found his way under the canopy while I was doing the shoot
IMG_72827.JPG

IMG_72879.JPG

Over and out :surf:

A few more pics on this lovely day. All of the natural tent plants were watered this morning and are enjoying the day thoroughly. Plants were recently sprayed Azamax to defend against mites and thrips, which have been munching on my Swiss Cheese, relentlessly. I'm real happy with the progress of things. Things got green and vegged a bit as I had wanted (hoping for a bit more for those recently released ones), and on the flip side the force flowers are essentially "power flowering" through this cycle and beginning to acquire a nice yellow fade.

Force flower with emphasis on a Blackberry specimen on the right (UD and stuff on the left)
IMG_72932.JPG

General groupie
IMG_72925.JPG

Over to the planter, this is that pure sativa Blue Santa who is a magnificent little gal
IMG_72953.JPG

General groupie; this essentially has a SDD on the left, JD on the right, and a UD in the back
IMG_72964.JPG

This JD here in the front is vegging real well. The terracotta pots are arguably better than the plastic because of the airflow exchange within the terracotta and more oxygen to the roots, but the roots can stick to the pot and make it hard if you wanted to transplant
IMG_72985.JPG

This is the natural flowering Swiss Cheese, I'd really like to pluck this thing out and put into force flower asap that way I can pay more attention to her. She has multiple full length colas in development and had been battling the thrips and mites, either way, when the next force flower batch is harvested I'll be moving this over to the area in preparation for a clone and release of the current vegging mothers
IMG_72994.JPG

Aloha mates :Namaste:

What do you think of the BB x SM now? I know you've been running it for awhile ... and I vaguely recall that it was a little disappointing.

Very appealing genetics, so I've always been interested in it.

What do you think of the BB x SM now? I know you've been running it for awhile ... and I vaguely recall that it was a little disappointing.

Very appealing genetics, so I've always been interested in it.

I've gone through several phenos of the stuff, some way better than others. The pure blueberry flavored pheno was probably the best, but that was before I started religiously cloning everything. This BB x SM I'm growing right now is a bit weird, it doesn't have any fruit flavor, it's more of a swampy/grassy/coffee flavor which isn't super appealing to me. When the flavor is like that, it's hard to enjoy a vapor bowl, I like to enjoy the flavors of a bowl as much as I do the high.

So, the better phenos of BB x SM are yet to be found again from my seed stash or are gone forever. But instead of pheno hunting of the BB x SM, I will be exploring some different strains to adventure with. The good news about the current pheno I'm growing is that its essentially a pure sativa pheno, which makes for quite a beautiful flowering plant. The pheno also produces incredibly nuggy herb, however the flavor is lacking which is a turn off for me (however I heard that strains with very low flavor profiles tend to be higher in CBD). So I'll unlikely be growing much more BB x SM (not gonna clone it) in the near future, but one day I may try it again.

It's really incredible how much different a phenotype makes in the bud, essentially it becomes a completely different strain! :volcano-smiley:

Really good looking stuff.
You like BlackBerry outside huh?
Had a blast catching up to this grow.
In 10days or so everything will change and the real work will start.
Bravo so far

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks for the kind words mate! :thanks: The work never ended as I've been continually cloning , releasing, and flowering cannabis plants outdoors for over 2 years straight through the winters and springs. But yeah, your right, inspections will have to be ramped up in the very near future as the natural flowering plants begin their ascent into the hard flower phase :cheer:

Thanks for the kind words mate! :thanks: The work never ended as I've been continually cloning , releasing, and flowering cannabis plants outdoors for over 2 years straight through the winters and springs. But yeah, your right, inspections will have to be ramped up in the very near future as the natural flowering plants begin their ascent into the hard flower phase :cheer:
I've been dialing in the kosher tangie.
3 phenos and one is pure tangerine flavor.
Super plentiful and passes for hydro.
The other two are more Danky and earthy. Like it's the plants evil twin.

Sent from my LG-H901 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom