Rhetorrikz - LED Grow - Coco

20151013_101947.jpg

suprise update :) a build in progress 4 cree cxb3070, meanwell driver and some serious heatsinks :thumb:

42V at 4.4 Amps hmm?
Interesting.
I'm running 132 V DC @ .85 amps DIY build.
LEDS are fun.
Don't want to highjack so check out my grow in my sig.
Will be watching your soil style coco grow. Very big buds, I like.

Vlad

20151028_194538.jpg

20151028_194721.jpg
20151028_194249.jpg

Hey guys! Well things have been tough for my girls lately, temps reaching 95f + for a few hrs in the middle of the day (which is lights out for these ladies). Did another defol about a week back to allow more air flow in and around the branches... i think a combination of things like the heat and defol have definatly slowed progress.. im about 4 weeks in now and i removed two plants, one due to a very slow flowering transition and the other was becoming too stretched and spindly. Feeds have been daily with canna coco a 20ml , b 20ml , calmax 20ml , pk13/14 10 ml , pythoff 2ml and 25 drops ph down in 12lt of tap water = 700ppm 5.9ph. The plants on the right are the bag seeds i was trying to fim and again i didnt pull it off ... i ended up with 3 toped plants and 2 normal single cola plants that i didnt even take enough off.. o well.. there starting to show sex and i can see at least 3 fem so far will have to keep a close eye on these for herm. tho i dont know any history with these girls .
Lights are doing great, temps while lights are on are around 80f and the heatsinks around the cob leds are barely warm to touch.. Also worth noting the air pots are taking on much more water than the hempy, i think you could skip 1 days feed if you needed and 2 days with the hempy and it not be detrimental
Nice evening to all :volcano-smiley:

Hey mate :) the cree's are the 3000k "ad" bin highest efficiency cxb3070 chips, i think the spectrum looks similar to the hps lights i was using .. man this heat is scary i was reading in the how to grow thread about heat and how its " very important " to let their dark period temp drop 10 degree from lights on temp.. well im buggered then seems im going against the grain here but i have no choice... ill keep pumping as much fresh air in as i can and we'll see what happends.. keep on keepn on ! Cheers

Yeah they have had an amazing tolerance ! I have asked a few questions around the place re heat resistant strains., but they never really lead anywhere ? Suggestions towards pineapple and some landrace sativas was all i got.. ? Its not over yet tho fingers crossed for a Christmas harvest :thumb:

20151112_195901.jpg
20151112_200043.jpg

First shots, the plants flowering under my cree led cobs
20151112_195940.jpg
20151112_200059.jpg

Next is whats flowering under the 300
20151112_200839.jpg
20151112_200924.jpg
20151112_201544.jpg

Then my 4 bag seeds that i attempted fiming.. 1 actually has 4 main tops 2 others are toped and 1 is a single cola beautiful girl , they are very sativa ish and have streched alot for there mini hempy 1.5lt size. i hoped by keeping them rootbound their size would be stunted.

Nice .
Your grow shows the potential of LED. I decided to mothball my CMH and pour on the LED power.
Cheers on the healthy baby buds!

V

Hey hockeybry welcome .!
Page 4 of this journal theres some comparison weights between hps and LEDs, total yield was just over 1lb, i was very pleased with the results! I think the 300's are both great lights , ive found one slightly more powerfull bleaching plants easier and just feels slighty warmer under the led also there is a visible differance in spectrum between the two.
This is round 2 with leds , ive removed the hps and built my own led light using cree cob led's . My aim was to improve light coverage whilst reducing heat and so far im pretty impressed.!

Back
Top Bottom