Rider’s Final Grow: GCG BOEL Skunk x JohnnyD, aka Thaibodian Skunk

Beauties, they sure beefed up. And good thing cause that's still going to be a lot of bud. Main thing is you're having fun, I know I'm having fun watching.

Say, did you ever get a response from medicgrow about those diode wavelengths? They emailed me 1 day last week, I sent an email back. Then I remembered I was going to ask them too, so I sent another email asking for those specs, and never heard back yet. Could possibly be due to the Chinese holiday as well, May 1st - 5th

Nothing from MedicGrow. Maybe I should have sent the msg in Chinese? But then there’s the whole “do I use Mandarin or Cantonese” thing. It’s so confusing.
Speaking of confusing… I got the lighting controller. No documentation! I guess they think if you can’t figure it out you shouldn’t have bought it in the first place. No pin out designations for the dimming circuits. After some testing I can see that you can use pulse width modulation or 0 to 10v dimming, which is pretty cool. It’s well thought out and designed but a bit of documentation would go a lonnnng way to making it user friendly. I’m not sure I’ll use it in my system since it’s kinda redundant but I wanted to play with it. The one cool thing is that it’s controllable via Bluetooth. I’ve yet to see if it can be integrated into the ‘net to allow it to be controlled remotely. If it can, I’m putting it to work!

Show me some sugar, baby!
They’re just tiny little things but I’m getting excited to see what they do.

3C838BD5-E96C-4FED-89DA-DA10B14029E6.jpeg

Well isn't that something. Hopefully they will get back to one of us about it soon. And no documentation.. my light came with a book, nothing special but shows how to set it up and operate it at least. Maybe another email to see if they got any info on it for ya :laughtwo: sounds like quite the gadget though. One day when I have good environment control equipment I will look at controllers. I'm currently looking at inkbird environment monitoring and a cam for the room.

Oh boy. Was it starting to bleach or get burnt? Gotta do what you gotta do though. There's still the others that are growing naturally.

Hey Dick, it shot up into the light in an overnight growth spurt. Over 6 feet tall!
I caught it right after lights-on so no damage to the flower other than what I inflicted. LOL

@dick23rk, I initiated a chat session with MedicGrow and have PMed MedicGrow here. I’m hopeful that they will provide answers to the questions we both have. Fingers crossed.

Wow, more growth lol. You got that tape measure in there beside them and they just had to show you up :laughtwo:

Thanks for letting me know. Quite sure they are still on holidays but should get something back soon.

Success! I heard back from @MedicGrow. The lighting control output is an RJ-11 connector using only 4 of the 6 pins. Pins 2 and 5 are positive and 3 and 4 are negative. The controller can be configured for pulse width modulation or 0-10volt for dimming, both of which Meanwell and most other power supplies are designed to use.

I bought the MedicGrow controller to see if I could control both MedicGrow lights as well as my existing system which uses Meanwell drivers. I’m happy to report that it will work for my existing system.

MedicGrow has some amazing products. The lights are state of the art and beautiful. I’ve called them the Ferrari of lights, and they come in at a reasonable price point. I wish I could help them to expand on the marketing and documentation for the controller to reach a wider audience that would find value in the MedicGrow controller for existing systems. It truly is an amazing piece of lighting technology.

I apologize for sounding like an advertisement but I’m impressed by the offerings of this company.

Gotta love the “zon.” With these breakout adaptors I’ll be able to control the light intensity of all of my lights with the MedicGrow controller. No more having to individually adjust each power supply with a Kill-A-Watt meter. The unit ships with two temp/rH probes which can be implemented to shut off the lights via triggering electronic breakers if environmental parameters exceed your set limits. That’s a nice feature cuz none of us want to burn our grow space to the ground. The controller can also be set to slowly ramp up/down the lights to simulate sunrise and sunset. I haven’t tested it yet, but it is possible that having the lights come on at maximum dimming will reduce the inrush current which is a concern for anyone running a lot of lights.

Not sure which I enjoy more… the growing or the toys that make it happen. :laughtwo:

EC13A0F4-62D1-4963-BB9A-01D6796C118C.jpeg

I’m doing a happy dance. :yahoo:

Glad to see it's all that you expected rider! I'm happy that someone else here can show off another piece of their great equipment. Sounds like something else!

Ha,ha I'm with you on the toys!
I've been looking at those and other light controller's for some time now.
Just waiting on more of my analog stuff to poop out....there due....Than upgrade to a more hands off digital, wifi, stroke of a key on my phone system.
Plants will virtually grow themselves.
All we have to do is control the 4 elements of comfort for them.
What a better way than with toy's!
Happy growing!

Not much to report. This is the point of the grow where there’s not much to do other than res changes. You’re pretty much a bystander while the buds stack.

29E7510E-0ABB-478B-8BF0-A6F4EF9451A7.jpeg

408A79F3-EF3F-47AE-BC09-146DA7A4E3A1.jpeg

You can see the Afghani skunk influence in the buds. I think the Cambodian/Thai influence presents itself in the crazy stretching. I finally had to supercrop the other tall one. It grew to almost 6 feet and was above the light’s limit of upward adjustment.

I took my mom a beautiful little flower for Mothers Day.
She didn't know what it was! She smelled it and said, "eww, that smells like a skunk."
:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

E929F7A3-DB5D-4785-950A-B59FE1ECEB14.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom