BOEL Skunk x JohnnyD's Cambodian Thai In RDWC

These have been very well behaved so far. I think I flipped about two weeks ago? I'd like to supercrop them flat and scrog them but the stems are so thick and woody. It looks like I'll get four main colas on each plant. May just have to let them do their thing for a while and play it by ear.

PUBLIC NOTICE: THE FOLLOWING PHOTOS MAY BE DISTURBING

"Why is that scrog frame sitting there", you may ask.
It was time for some slightly unconventional supercropping... of two whole plants.
Live or die, but don't reach for the sky.

edit: these photos were shot under HPS and color-corrected using an 18% grey card and Adobe LightRoom.

IMG_394514.jpg

That's not a scrog net! It's a plant hammock.

IMG_394815.jpg

IMG_394614.jpg

IMG_395019.jpg

I guess we'll see how they like the abuse.

And it adds some interest to an otherwise boring grow. You can start to see the sativa influence in their structure. They were really starting to stretch and I didn't want a repeat performance. The light was already within 4" of max height. This buys some much needed headroom.

Two days after megacropping both plants they are responding well. I'm going to let them grow unmolested for a while and see what develops. May yet scrog them. Too early to tell how best to proceed.

IMG_400515.jpg

I watched a video several months ago where a guy let them grow to about 4 feet then supercropped about 8 inches above the pots. Then he put down his scrog on top of the plants and pulled the tops through the screen where he wanted them. His canopy turned out excellent. I'd love to see it done again here.

I watched a video several months ago where a guy let them grow to about 4 feet then supercropped about 8 inches above the pots. Then he put down his scrog on top of the plants and pulled the tops through the screen where he wanted them. His canopy turned out excellent. I'd love to see it done again here.

I saw that video a while back and was pretty impressed with how damn easy he made that look. I forget what his site was or what he was selling on youtube.

I did a quick search and think I might have found the vid. It's crazy how people come up with this stuff independently. My stems were woody and stiff as hell so I wrapped pliers in surgical tape and worked the stems to break down the lignins so they wouldn't crack when I bent them. Still not sure if I'll do a scrog but it's cool to see that I'm not the only one to bend a whole plant over like this. I didn't know it was a thing and fully expected people to tell me I was nuts after I did it.

I did a quick search and think I might have found the vid. It's crazy how people come up with this stuff independently. My stems were woody and stiff as hell so I wrapped pliers in surgical tape and worked the stems to break down the lignins so they wouldn't crack when I bent them. Still not sure if I'll do a scrog but it's cool to see that I'm not the only one to bend a whole plant over like this. I didn't know it was a thing and fully expected people to tell me I was nuts after I did it.
Dude I've heard of people growing plants out of the aide of a rock wool cube. Then come flower, they just flip it and it will lie flat, and all the vertical height becomes horizontal. They they just stretch back upwards.... some resilient ass weeds!

Some BOEL genetics, I'd like to see what comes of these.. how's the smells? Stinky? looking at some of their stuff used in Swami seeds. I'm in Aus though and they only ship to u.s.. anyways, subbed and looking good..

Back
Top Bottom