Rifleman's Roost Open 24/7: Perpetually Perplexed

Knew they were... know that's what you use... dunno why I even asked.
5G is too much for my tiny world. I have the 6" PVC tubes that I've been diggin. About 16" tall. I'm thinking that the PVC would be a good home for an auto. I've heard that autos switch to bloom when the roots hit the bottom and I think 16" will give me a good length to grow a good sized plant before it goes into bloom.
Thoughts?

5G is too much for my tiny world. I have the 6" PVC tubes that I've been diggin. About 16" tall. I'm thinking that the PVC would be a good home for an auto. I've heard that autos switch to bloom when the roots hit the bottom and I think 16" will give me a good length to grow a good sized plant before it goes into bloom.
Thoughts?

I've heard that but to be honest it hasn't seemed to matter in my garden. I've grown autos in 5gal dwc and 1qt containers. They've all shown first pistils between 18 and 28 days and taken off stretching within a week of that. Didn't seem to matter which one I used, they finished around the same timeframe too.

I think a 6x16 would make a fine grow. A couple ounces at least, enough to get a good taste. :)

Day 77 for the Dark Devils. One or two more weeks on 3/4, and maybe three more for #1/2. :) I swapped out the Big Bud and replaced it with Overdrive in DD1.

I'm ready to harvest now. The weather has been outrageously warm for my season and the HPS plants are going to suffer if I can't move them or it doesn't cool off. My reservoir temps are running dead on 80°F. :whoa:

So what's happening in your garden? I know Tead and Sue are dropping some Dark Devils, how about the rest of you? :circle-of-love:

DD1

DD2

DD3

DD4

None of the pictures linked Lucas.

We've been having crazy temps too. The day lilies in front of the building are starting to sprout, and it's only late Feb! :thedoubletake:

None of the pictures linked Lucas.
We've been having crazy temps too. The day lilies in front of the building are starting to sprout, and it's only late Feb! :thedoubletake:

Something wrong on your end Sue. All linked on my end and in the original format too. :) I had to double check though. :biglaugh:

My Daylillies have all bloomed. The Red Buds are coming on, as are the Poplars and Pussy Willows. Sad that it's all going to get frost bitten in a few weeks. I expect the middle of March to turn cooold. Brrrrr rabbit. :)

Something wrong on your end Sue. All linked on my end and in the original format too. :) I had to double check though. :biglaugh:

My Daylillies have all bloomed. The Red Buds are coming on, as are the Poplars and Pussy Willows. Sad that it's all going to get frost bitten in a few weeks. I expect the middle of March to turn cooold. Brrrrr rabbit. :)

I see them now Lucas. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't remember a recent winter with a warm spell this extended. There's still piles of snow melting on the fringes of the shopping center parking lots, that's how much it changed in less than a week. Looks like close to the upper 60s again today.

I see them now Lucas. :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't remember a recent winter with a warm spell this extended. There's still piles of snow melting on the fringes of the shopping center parking lots, that's how much it changed in less than a week. Looks like close to the upper 60s again today.

Heck, Im in NH and it will be in the mid 60s tomorrow...and Sat too if its to be believed. Sounds like a BBQ day for sure :)

Heck, Im in NH and it will be in the mid 60s tomorrow...and Sat too if its to be believed. Sounds like a BBQ day for sure :)

It's Al Gore's fault. He invented the internet and global warming on the same five day drunken binge.

I suppose the Sweet Seeds Dark Devil Auto and the Mephisto Sour Crack must be close cousins. Both of the SSDC are showing some odd leaf formations. These are not the best photos, but they do show what is going on. Some of you sharp eyed cultivators will see it straight off, a few will never notice. :)

Any bets we have some weird growth later on ?

DC1

DC2

Day 77 for the Dark Devils. One or two more weeks on 3/4, and maybe three more for #1/2. :) I swapped out the Big Bud and replaced it with Overdrive in DD1.

I'm ready to harvest now. The weather has been outrageously warm for my season and the HPS plants are going to suffer if I can't move them or it doesn't cool off. My reservoir temps are running dead on 80°F. :whoa:

So what's happening in your garden? I know Tead and Sue are dropping some Dark Devils, how about the rest of you? :circle-of-love:

DD1

DD2

DD3

DD4

Absolutely beautiful, I love plants in colour like that :)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thoughts?

All flowering (cannabis) is based on time (autos) and/or photoperiod (fem and reg), period. Nothing to do with roots.

Plus all plants are weird and freaky in their own way, and I have noticed no two are ever completely alike. So lots of things they do seem to be related to other things but they probably aren't.

I often compare cannabis plants to cats. Your expectations are irrelevant. They do what they are going to do and nobody can tell them anything. :winkyface:

Plus, RIFLE, those purple plants are positively fascinating. I keep telling myself they are just an interesting fad then I see some like yours and I can't stop staring and drooling they look so yummy. Gonna do dat someday. Props on those.

Peace, Hyena

Hey Rifle! Sorry to hear about your old Buddy. I lost old Ed a couple of years ago after being my constant working playing and bird hunting companion for 15 years. Fantastic birddog and the only dog that I ever met that could retrieve fish under the water. He also played a mean shortstop in wiffleball! Any how you know that you are a dog person when you know that your going to out live them but yet you still let them squirm squiggle and wag their way back into your life! Best of luck in all you grow

Sent from my SM-G930V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

DD1

DD2

DD3

DD4

Wow..... love the look of this plant....

Ya know my last harvest I had Crystal Meth by Fast Buds and she was a purple absolutely beautiful so I dropped two more of the same seeds and oddly enough one of them is not purple so 2 outta 3 were purple. Is it a genetic flaw that she's green or is the purple always random? I honestly even after researching didn't realize I was planting a purple until the calyxes showed up and were purple

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Here she is
420-magazine-mobile1398829966.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1694284168.jpg
420-magazine-mobile478003483.jpg
any ideas why one of them is green and not purple like her two sisters?

:thanks: Everyone for the encouraging words. :) It helps me to focus. Something that hasn't been happening lately. Evidence showing in all the burn in the photos. <sigh>

Ya know my last harvest I had Crystal Meth by Fast Buds and she was a purple absolutely beautiful so I dropped two more of the same seeds and oddly enough one of them is not purple so 2 outta 3 were purple. Is it a genetic flaw that she's green or is the purple always random? I honestly even after researching didn't realize I was planting a purple until the calyxes showed up and were purple

It's all in the genetics OB. Even the DDA has a green phenotype, which from what I've seen is the larger version of the purple one. :)

Back
Top Bottom