RM's First Grow, Unknown Seeds

The brown spots on some of the leaves looks to be from a cal-mag deficiency and that is very typical early on in coco, especially if the coco wasn't soaked with it before use. Maybe try bumping that up to 1 ML/L instead of 1/2.

Have you looked on the bottom of those smart pots? Are roots growing out the bottoms? If so you really got to get those elevated because your roots might essentially be sitting in used up (with little to no oxygen) nute water. Even if you dump the water out of those trays after watering there is still a ton of moisture and the roots should not be trying to grow out of your pots too far.

This is all advice from someone who only has one total grow under his belt and zero with coco, but it's a place to start looking I think.

Well today I watered twice with 1/2 strength nutes.

Silly question time:

Do they know it's lights off time? About a hour before it's like they say F all this growing for one day am off to sleep then droop but (touch wood) they pick up by morning.

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds
I've noticed the bed time droop in my grows. I've seen it in time lapse videos as well. It appears to be normal.

/Obi

The brown spots on some of the leaves looks to be from a cal-mag deficiency and that is very typical early on in coco, especially if the coco wasn't soaked with it before use. Maybe try bumping that up to 1 ML/L instead of 1/2.

Have you looked on the bottom of those smart pots? Are roots growing out the bottoms? If so you really got to get those elevated because your roots might essentially be sitting in used up (with little to no oxygen) nute water. Even if you dump the water out of those trays after watering there is still a ton of moisture and the roots should not be trying to grow out of your pots too far.

This is all advice from someone who only has one total grow under his belt and zero with coco, but it's a place to start looking I think.

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah there is a few small roots popping out of the bottom (about 4 or 5 a few CMs long so I'll get some PVC today .

And they looked to respond well to the increase in nutes so I'll go up again and add more calmag.

Again thank you for your ideas.

I never soaked the coco before the grow but another lesson learnt for next time .

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah there is a few small roots popping out of the bottom (about 4 or 5 a few CMs long so I'll get some PVC today .

And they looked to respond well to the increase in nutes so I'll go up again and add more calmag.

Again thank you for your ideas.

I never soaked the coco before the grow but another lesson learnt for next time .

If you ever get fed up of buying calmag btw this proved invaluable to me

420-magazine-mobile368393067.jpg

Well raised the little buggers off the floor and out of the old nutes so hopefully that will help. Not totally happy with it yet but does the job . still working on a automated watering system and run off collector without losing too much growing hight .

Only time to water/feed once today however upped the nutes and calmag again so hopefully be full strength come flip .

Temperature and RH the same nothing much else to report .

looking great but the tips. i think it wil be full strenght soon.
Next time
can u post a single pot top view?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

yes sure. i am saving many pics for study and also for a comparisment (shape) between my plant n urs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Iv half in 11L plastic pots and half in 8s God knows why the shop guy recommend 8s. 5 days till flip tho so am thinking might be alittle late in the game to change now :(

Busy day in the garden today. Not seen much change in health in the sick one :( in fact she looks to have stretched a fair bit.

They got watered twice moving up in nutes again and full calmag. Temps same 64 to 81. RH 74% little high but a lot of water in there. pH 5.8

420-magazine-mobile476202422.jpg

420-magazine-mobile724164369.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2054558349.jpg

Sorry for the rushed photos.

The bigger the pot = the bigger the root space can be = a bigger potential plant. However, this applies a lot more to soil than coco grows. I think with a longer veg you can grow decent sized indoor plants in either the 2 or 3 gallon pots, but like Sidney, I'd lean towards at least the 3 gallon personally. Take that with a grain of salt though because I've never grown in hydrococo.

Oh and I wouldn't transplant once they're in flower unless it was for some really serious reason and I had no other option.

IMAG1943_2.jpg

The bigger the pot the bigger the yield. That being said I've never gone over 3gal pots in coco. Maybe next grow I'll do 5gal. 5 is great for soil, I think that plants would get huge in 5gal coco. This one is doing fine in a pot I normally use to start seeds. Since you treat coco like hydro you can get away with smaller containers.

IMAG1943_2.jpg

The bigger the pot the bigger the yield. That being said I've never gone over 3gal pots. This one is doing fine in a pot I normally use to start seeds. Since you treat coco like hydro you can get away with smaller containers.

That is soooo cute!!! Ugh, I wish it was legal everywhere so someone could start a flower delivery service than sends someone you love a budsicle plant just like that. Of course, it would need a nicer pot and a bow... :)

IMAG1943_2.jpg

The bigger the pot the bigger the yield. That being said I've never gone over 3gal pots in coco. Maybe next grow I'll do 5gal. 5 is great for soil, I think that plants would get huge in 5gal coco. This one is doing fine in a pot I normally use to start seeds. Since you treat coco like hydro you can get away with smaller containers.

Wow that yours? What a effort :) am fighting a daily battle to keep them alive here haha and you can do that. Awesome buddy . love it.

Think I'll move to 3g next time, thanks BF

Back
Top Bottom