RM's First Grow, Unknown Seeds

I tried a 5 gallon grow with promix and perlite. I should have used a lot more perlite I think. I was going 5-8 days between watering. It tended to stay soggy longer than I like. 3-4 gallon seems about right for my limited head room. I haven't had any issue with root bound plants yet.

Wow that yours? What a effort :) am fighting a daily battle to keep them alive here haha and you can do that. Awesome buddy .�� love it.

Think I'll move to 3g next time, thanks BF

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

Yeah, it's a little side thing I have going in a 3'x2'x2' box. You'll be good in those pots no problem! From what I understand it's very difficult to get issues from being root bound in hydro setups. At least in coco, I make sure my plants are bound before flip so I can water multiple times a day. This one was actually very easy. less work then in the tent for sure. I water using a turkey baster. I put one squirt, 3 times a day.

Edit: 4L is about 1 gal so yeah

420-magazine-mobile108202159.jpg

Nothing much to report today. Another water this morning with again slightly more nutes (3mil/L of A+B and 1mil/L Calmag) let's see how they react :)

I know you were wanting to flip these soon, just make sure they are happy when you do it. I'm pretty sure I've read flipping them when they look sick could really limit them in flower. Maybe someone with a little more experience can chime in.

Glad to hear that they are bouncing back! Maybe they will healthy enough to go when you wanted them to anyways!

I also bought this like $30 Armor All wet vac off Amazon and it makes sucking that water up in the pans so easy. If you can afford to do so it makes things so much easier.

I know you were wanting to flip these soon, just make sure they are happy when you do it. I'm pretty sure I've read flipping them when they look sick could really limit them in flower. Maybe someone with a little more experience can chime in.

Glad to hear that they are bouncing back! Maybe they will healthy enough to go when you wanted them to anyways!

I also bought this like $30 Armor All wet vac off Amazon and it makes sucking that water up in the pans so easy. If you can afford to do so it makes things so much easier.

Agreed it's so hard watering twice a day in such a small tent. Am 100% investing in something this weekend.

Am in no real rush to flip the only thing am thinking about really is space. Am about 3 or 4 plants over what I planed.

I was reading and that yellow tips looks like heat stress? Also the stem on the same plant with P def spots is purpling another P def sign. I would up your feed for two days see what's what, watch the tips or add some bloom .5 ml ab bloom and stay at 3ml ab grow to the ones showing p def??? never seen the sho gun ninja nutes before so ... but you need more P

That tall one is in full worship lol Again nice job on bag seed...reps

Pffft. First grow? This looks good for any grow!

:high-five:

Thank you very much Fuzz but I know they could be better :) the sick ones look to be responding to the higher nutes well so moved up again today.

Only managed 1 feed to run off today due to beer commitments again .

Tomorrow it's a trip to the shop to start the auto system :) big big thank you to BF for helping we get a plan.

Sorry no photos due to time :(

I was reading and that yellow tips looks like heat stress? Also the stem on the same plant with P def spots is purpling another P def sign. I would up your feed for two days see what's what, watch the tips or add some bloom .5 ml ab bloom and stay at 3ml ab grow to the ones showing p def??? never seen the sho gun ninja nutes before so ... but you need more P

That tall one is in full worship lol Again nice job on bag seed...reps

Thank you buddy :) I'll look in too this nute situation maybe I stayed 1/2 nutes too long.

Thank you for your PM means a lot

Hello fuzzy , I was up late :passitleft: It wasn't meant as a slight. Just droopy eyed posting using poor english...:popcorn:

No problem Riley Glad you stopped by for a visit over my way aswell.

mmmm Coffee.

Hab.

Hello fuzzy , I was up late :passitleft: It wasn't meant as a slight. Just droopy eyed posting using poor english...:popcorn:

No problem Riley Glad you stopped by for a visit over my way aswell.

mmmm Coffee.

Hab.

Habitual I know you didn't mean it that way! I was just foolin' around with you. :hug: That's not to say the plants don't look good though because obviously we both meant that 100%. They look great!

And Riley I think we all deal with nute issues at various points during our grows. Unless someone has run a specific strain before and in the same set up, I think issues are expected. However, I do acknowledge how incredibly irritating they can be. This whole new setup of mine with organic growing is testing me frequently. I'm determined to win in the end though. I think you'll do fine too.

Everybody puff puff pass. :passitleft:
:circle-of-love:

Thank you Fuzz :) means a lot.

Well a long hungover day in the garden today but productive.

Got the automated feeder system set up and working. Feeds the girls 1L every 8hrs. Not what I planned tho the drippers i got reduce water flow to 2L a hour so it takes 1 hour to pump a feed though. I placed the dripper as close to stem as possible. I tested it and it worked fine but might ditch them for faster flowing drippers. Iv not tested it with the plants yet so don't know if I'll get run off this way. Do you guys think it makes a difference? End of the day it should make life easier now.

Plants seam happy today possibly will cull number 3 to make alittle space, the runt just never caught up with the rest.

Back
Top Bottom