Rosin Press: Information Thread

Hey all! I bit the bullet and purchased a rosin kit. They are 5x5 in size (so I can press more at once). 380 shipped to me with controller and all. Bolted it up to a 12 ton H frame. Love it so far. Should be pressing close to a LB over the next week.

b56704301528d459e1287d53925fddf9.jpg

ff4cf89c968a6ba7d3be1f9eb6280a68.jpg
77880d07c19d8244b2daffa4aa452a78.jpg

Nice! Please drop a few more pics if you can...of the controller and maybe a wider view to see your press and all. :cool:

Nice! Please drop a few more pics if you can...of the controller and maybe a wider view to see your press and all. :cool:

I'll get some pics up later today or tomorrow of the full setup.

Yes that is what 12 tons does to 8.5 grams of Charlie Sheen. I use a filter to contain the flower material from mixing into the rosin. Not needed for small batch pressing, just saves me time from pickin out the flower particulates.

Here are a few more pics. Purchased the kit and filters from azpressco.com and grabbed a 12 ton press from harbor freight.

Really simple install and the bracket that mounts to the bottom is really smart. Saw some other kits out there that just rest on the frame. That's pretty much what sold me was safety plus they look cool lol. Plug and play as long as you have a press to bolt it to.

8f1408185c7c3b17bb2b5a74748f8115.jpg
35a9ad470643dcfe3d9b67ce00cdcfc3.jpg

Finally home!!!!! Marking my spot. :yahoo:

Here are a few more pics. Purchased the kit and filters from azpressco.com and grabbed a 12 ton press from harbor freight.

Really simple install and the bracket that mounts to the bottom is really smart. Saw some other kits out there that just rest on the frame. That's pretty much what sold me was safety plus they look cool lol. Plug and play as long as you have a press to bolt it to.

I am interested to see how these last over time. I have read about aluminum plates warping from pressing over time. They certainly look like quality.

I am interested to see how these last over time. I have read about aluminum plates warping from pressing over time. They certainly look like quality.

I read the same thing but the steel ones of these I found online were 2-3x more expensive and didn't look as clean. These have a full 1 year warranty so we will see what happens. If I was a commercial op I would be more concerned I suppose.

I feel like a hillbilly. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me have her old hair straightener while you guys are running NASA operations over here.

:adore:

I know my place :rofl:

Great thread Shiggityflip!

:Namaste:

I've been trying the hair straightener method with only minimal success, only to have my wife complain about her having a kind of "Something About Mary" follicle starchiness!

I guess I should have alcohol cleaned the plates before sneaking it back into her vanity.

:nicethread:

Thanks
KeifKeith

I was actually thinking of trying this with my Daughters hair straightener attached to a fan speed control to adjust the temp and a vice. Not sure if it will work, but the digital thermometer should tell. :peace:

The vice will certainly help. You may crack the plastic on the straightener. If you remove the plates then epoxy them to wood and attach the wood to the vice. This will help prevent thermal transfer to the vice which would act like a big heat sink. Do not overcrank the vice as the plates themselves may crack. But I have seen vids where people do exactly that set up (not sure about the speed control part).

The vice will certainly help. You may crack the plastic on the straightener. If you remove the plates then epoxy them to wood and attach the wood to the vice. This will help prevent thermal transfer to the vice which would act like a big heat sink. Do not overcrank the vice as the plates themselves may crack. But I have seen vids where people do exactly that set up (not sure about the speed control part).

Not sure that it is happening tonight, but I will let you know my results when I do it!!! :peace:

Hey, I was about to post a thread on how I make Rosin dabs, then I saw yours. I learn best by video, so that is why I create videos showing how I do stuff.

Figured maybe it is better off here? If not, just let me know. I have also been using 280F for temp, press 2-3 seconds to flatted the bud, then fold it over twice, then press for 10 seconds while the patty is still hot.

[video=youtube;U9Z7leDSqFA]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom