Round 2-4140w LED-6x12 Monster SCROG-Hydro Recirculating System-PK-Chernobyl-Berrybom

Hey 420'ers,welcome to my second grow journal:) A couple of things will be different this round, first off im pretty much doubling the lights and im adding 5 more buckets to the recirculating top feed system for a total of 15 sites.I have 13 purple kush 1 chernobyl and 1 berrybomb for this round.
Im having very good results with the line-up of nutes im using in my current grow so im not changing anything.
General Hydroponics 3 part flora series for my base nutes at 50% of the manufactures recomendations.
Sensizym.
Cal/Mag.
Bud Candy.
Kushie Kush.
At the start of week 6 of flower I will switch to Overdrive and base nutes then Final Phase for the last 2 weeks for the flush.
Room temps are a constant 85 degrees daytime 75 degrees nightime.
Relative humidity is a constant 40%.
The lights I use are 4 Fero A/F 600's and im getting probably 12 of they're newest lights,145w led's.I dont know what they are called yet:)They will be stationary from now on im getting rid of the light rails.
Two 50 litre dehumidifiers.I might upgrade these to liquid cooled units.(depends on finanses)
I will be upgrading the A/C to hopefully at least a 18 000 btu portable dual hose unit if I can find one.
I would like to thank everybody that subscibed to my first journal,without all your help and support things would'nt be running as smoothly as they are:thanks:

Re: Round 2-4140w led-6x12 monster scrog-hydro recirculating system-pk-chernobyl-berr

The girls have been in the veg table around 3 weeks or so(I dont keep track) I start training them pretty much as soon as they start showing new growth with lst training. heres a few picks of them about a week ago when I did the first of many bends.
IMAG009714.jpg

mothers and testers
IMAG009513.jpg

hmm...I cant seem to find anymore of the pics but they are in my other journal if anybody is interested:)

Re: Round 2-4140w led-6x12 monster scrog-hydro recirculating system-pk-chernobyl-berr

these pics are from yesterday.they got they're first full defoliation of every fan leaf exposing all the secondary and soon to be main branches. the first bend is just a 90 degree bend to get them pointing in the right direction towards the edge of the net pot. after they grow a few inches I ll continue to tie the main stem down to follow the edge of the netpot exposing all of the new growth until theres around 15 main tops then top all of those.
IMAG036713.jpg

IMAG036812.jpg

IMAG036911.jpg

IMAG037011.jpg

IMAG037113.jpg

IMAG037215.jpg

IMAG035117.jpg

IMAG035012.jpg

thats about it for now this is a slow process so I ll do updates here everytime I do another bend:)

thanks AJ, I ll be adding a cover of some sort in a week or so.the reason I dont have one yet is when they are covered the roots go nuts in there and its impossible to seperate them when I transfer to the flower room. I find I f I wait a bit before covering them its not as hard to seperate them and this causes less damage to the roots and keeps the bits and peices out of the recirculating system:)

Makes perfect sense! capisco!:thanks:

thanks AJ, I ll be adding a cover of some sort in a week or so.the reason I dont have one yet is when they are covered the roots go nuts in there and its impossible to seperate them when I transfer to the flower room. I find I f I wait a bit before covering them its not as hard to seperate them and this causes less damage to the roots and keeps the bits and peices out of the recirculating system:)

hey mate, ill be able to keep up with this one from the start.

im def going to scrog next round. im thinking 2 1000w mh for veg dimmed to 600w, then 2 1000w hps for flower. Im going to go with a 12 pot iws flood and drain but will prob just use 10 pots. still undecided on the system, ive got a week or so to figure it out. clones are already rooted huge so ready to go once ive cleaned tent and finished harvesting.

That video blows me away everytime...I swear Im gonna try it one day!

Glad I saw this and Im in for this one! Im always afraid to defoliate, I just keep hearing "the big sun leafs have nutirents "... then I cant do it. I just trim as little as possible to reveal the new growth sites. Hopefully I will be able to bring myself to try the technique.

I have the 2 part GH buut ive only used it once and followed the feeding chart, I grew in rockwool once. From what Ive been seing the 3I part GH is preferred, we only got it cuz our guy we talk to at the hydro store said he had good results with it. Whats your opinion on it Jon? Especially now that my next grow is going to be coco/promix with a little perlite. Is there anything you think we should run with it?

Thanks!:thanks:

Mate that training looks brutal (poor little things) I'm in for this one.

from what im hearing about coco your going to want to run cal/mag as well but ive never grown with it.Cultivator is a guru with coco though he will be able to give you details on what to use.yes the leaves hold nutrients and in nature as in without any help from us they would need it but we pretty much force feed them everything they need and some.my opinion is it boils down to how much to take off and still get good photosinthesis so as not to hinder final yield. another thing is the style of training you use and wether its indica or sativa.if I were to just leave my plants to do they're thing I would'nt be able to see 3 inches down into the plant because there are so many main tops only 2 inches apart from each other.without any training theres alot more space in between the branches and they grow up and out at a 45 degree angle give or take,mine all grow strait up side by side. Indicas are short and bushy with lots of huge fan leaves that in my opinion need to be removed to expose the lower growth.sativas are usually very tall with much bigger spaces in between nodes so they dont need it as much.it all boils down to preference really and what your looking for out of your plants.just my 2 cents though bro:)

ps: Ive never tried the GH 2 part I use the 3 part and have no complaints.

Mate that training looks brutal (poor little things) I'm in for this one.
lol...it might look that way but those monsers in my other journal were trained the exact same way bro...a month from now everyone of those plants in the table will have 15 to 20 main tops all at the same level,they will be around 8-10 inches tall and 12-14 inches across the top.Its a really good way to grow much bigger plants and keep them low until your ready to flower them.

Back
Top Bottom