s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

re: s1ingblade's Coco OG Kush & 818 HeadBand 1st Grow Journal 2013

I'm trying hozona Im trying lol aint easy when the gardens so far away and with gas prices higher than I am it dont make it easy lol

Ditto that on the fuel prices, make it hard to smmute back and forth to work and pay the electric bill, lol. NOT. Hopefully it will come back dowm. OG

Had fun catching up! Looks like I'm getting here just as things are heating up. :thumb: Mind if I pull up a chair?

Thanks for tossing some of the snow my way. We just got a foot today! Damn we need it.

I used to think I knew a lot. I have since humbled myself and try to learn, listen and look at what others are doing and now I act as if this is my first grow instead of thinking I know everything. Growing outdoors with just water and fish emulsion aint shit lol I mean its growing and its lgit but it aint indoors. I did a few years of indoors but wasnt able to get ahold of much equipment and never did stuff right. I hope to learn alot this year by getting my hands dirty and I really hope I am able to help others along the way.

The more we learn should reveal to us how much more we can learn.

Ditto that on the fuel prices, make it hard to smmute back and forth to work and pay the electric bill, lol. NOT. Hopefully it will come back dowm. OG
the news was saying something about good news for gas prices but im not getting my hopes up
Had fun catching up! Looks like I'm getting here just as things are heating up. :thumb: Mind if I pull up a chair?

Thanks for tossing some of the snow my way. We just got a foot today! Damn we need it.
your more than welcome to pull up your chair brother, glad i found your journal

my worst2 seeds $ wise were,12 a pop for gdp, and blueberry gum was 15, yikes i usualy go for that 2-7$ range so i can get several regulars and avoind fem most of the time
no worries bfam im sure you'll end up with some of it later this year, if time and space weren't an issue i would also concentrate more on regulars, but i gotta get some swelled up buds asap, the patients are going to go elsewhere if i dont end up with meds asap

The more we learn should reveal to us how much more we can learn.
your right mcloadie, hows the weather in your neck? Im up on the mountain this morning and its cold bro, cant wait for spring and summer. then again once it gets hot then i'll bitch and moan about how i cant wait for winter lol, i aint never happy

got the nl5 x haze planted this morning, hoping to be able to take a few cuts in what 45 daysish?

the news was saying something about good news for gas prices but im not getting my hopes up

your more than welcome to pull up your chair brother, glad i found your journal

no worries bfam im sure you'll end up with some of it later this year, if time and space weren't an issue i would also concentrate more on regulars, but i gotta get some swelled up buds asap, the patients are going to go elsewhere if i dont end up with meds asap

your right mcloadie, hows the weather in your neck? Im up on the mountain this morning and its cold bro, cant wait for spring and summer. then again once it gets hot then i'll bitch and moan about how i cant wait for winter lol, i aint never happy

got the nl5 x haze planted this morning, hoping to be able to take a few cuts in what 45 daysish?

Just breezy here bro, a little chilly, but bright and sunny!

Here a few pic from last night (Feb. 25th 2013) before pic of my 18 hour veg room
DSCN8758.JPG

A pic or two of the table stand I customized for my 4 foot by 8 foot flood table
DSCN8759.JPG
DSCN8760.JPG
DSCN8761.JPG

The plants in veg finally got a new place to hang out, it helps my back having them off the floor, it also helps me keep the room tidier as the coco that gets blown around with the wall fan stays in one area and when I start watering more I can catch the runoff easier
DSCN8767.JPG

couple of pics of the seedlings, the two bigger ones are LA Confidential the one just peeking its head out of the coco is a Dr. Grispoon.
DSCN8770.JPG
DSCN87691.JPG

A pic of the clones loving the T5's OG Kush and The Purps and a solo Raw Diesel
DSCN8768.JPG

Now here is where I could use some help, I have been watering the plants in straight coco/airpots twice a day with 15 second blasts, I saw a patch of what looked like mold and then noticed that the smaller/wetter 3.2 gallon airpots were alot wetter than the 5 gallon ones. The bigger containers have more mature plants and I think between the pot being bigger and the plants drinking more than the younger smaller ones didnt have what looked to be a mass of microscopically small mushrooms or some sort of spores. I stopped the auto watering and also changed the way I was cooling the HID. Used to be I was pulling in air from outside of the tent passing it through the hood and back outside the tent. I changed it so now it pulls air out of the inside of the tent and out. Then I sprayed all the plants on top of the coco with Serenade Gardens "Disease Control", this morning I checked and didnt see it anymore. If anyone knows or thinks they might have a clue to as what it was please let me know
DSCN8764.JPG
DSCN8763.JPG
DSCN8766.JPG

A pic of the underside of one of the OG's
DSCN87621.JPG

A few pics of super young flowers forming
DSCN8775.JPG
DSCN8778.JPG
DSCN8777.JPG
DSCN8765.JPG

Well thats about it today, but the cabin needs alot of work and equipment soon. I need to install some ducting and vent fans, a dehumidifier is a soon to be must, more power and the Awesome "Lighting Control Center" sfttailpaul is building for my project. Haven't mentioned it yet but will speak of it in detail soon and of course show a bunch of pics of it, can't wait. It will be so awesome to be able to run about as many lights as I please that and at 240 volts. It will be able to "Soft Start" up to Sixteen 1000 watt H.I.D.'s
So I will be back there Thursday evening and will update sometime soon probably Friday night Saturday Morning

If anyone knows or thinks they might have a clue to as what it was please let me know
DSCN8764.JPG
DSCN8763.JPG

Looks all good except...this. I am not sure what kind but that is mold. Looks like you used the right product already :cheesygrinsmiley:

Man! Those t5s are doin a fine job bro, on a video I was watching ( that a good freind recommended ) dude was running his drip for 30 seconds once every 24 hrs.. Now this dude wasn't sayin much about growin, so I had to pick through his future plans to pry some info out him. The rate that he's running is really unimportant, but the fact that he was only running 1 cycle per 24 hr. period lead me to deduce that he wanted that coco to dry out some before the next cycle. Just an observation bro.

Mold...mold....mold...ewwww. You hit the nail on the head tho bro. Ive seen worse. Hope its all sorted out. If your going to bring air into the room its good to use some kid of filtration. You wouldnt grow a plant in the middle of your living room and expect it to go over well right? well same rules apply here. you use a grow room and keep it sterile for a reason. Switch to some filtration of some kind for your intake. That way no microbes, spores anything floating around in the air of your house isn't in your grow room. Keep litter boxes and any nasty things like that far, far away, they are a breeding ground for bacteria and microbes that wont do any good things for your plants that's for sure. As weird as it sounds I garden naked sometimes lol, avoid anything that could be on my clothes, etc from the outside world from reaching my babies. Can we get a pic of the soil now for comparison? SG

Looking good!

Thanks guys, yes I will get a pic of what its looking like as soon as I can get back up there which should be tonight or tomorrow. I better tighten up the tent and let the negative pressure (if it has any??) pull thru a filter. Obviously that little air purifier couldn't handle the job, ought to bring it home and give it to the wife or throw it in the dumpster. Right now the tents just pulling in air from the inside of the cabin which obviously is NOT sterile. I have some hepa quality furnace heaters that are new I might pop a hole in one of the walls and build a frame on both sides of the wall, do yall think that would possibly help and or solve the issue with the spores? I hate those things, I guess they serve a good purpose but not in the cabin. I better start clearing the perimeter around the cabin before stuff starts coming out of dormancy and I have to learn the hard way so more. I could just see some of what looks like dead brush or such harboring mites.
Good looking out guys, thanks a bunch

what are the odds that this different brand of coir had the spores in it to begin with? So far I have found dried leaves, branches, some sort of seeds. Who knows what else is in there. Must be full of salts or something as the first few waterings it gives back urine colored runoff. Of course I have 12 bales left, the hydro shop I deal with in New York said "go ahead and ship it back" but of course if I did that there wouldn't be any credit once the postage was acct. for. One more reason I should "Buy Local"

yeah one thing about online you gotta be sure of what your getting, what brand is it? i got my last 2 blocks from our hydro store cocotec and the 2 before that were from the nursery in lakeside Christopher's garden and all were very clean just a little rinse (i always do that) and they are ready and pure, 10$ a block, but i have gotten it online too and been lucky only 1 block was salty i rinsed it with hot and cold water alternating, i put it in the pot i mean to use,and then a second of the same size run the water thru then stir and put 1/2 in the second pot blast each with hot water, then when i think its clean fill the pot run water in till its flowing out a bit, the let it sit while i work on the next one, after its sat a while 15 min, i add just enough water to get it draining i catch that runoff and test the ppm, compared to the tap it should be the same or lower ppm than the tap water, if its higher (at least 20 ppm) thhen i flush some more, once i trust a brand i will just hydrate it with 1/2 distilled and 1/2 precharged nute tea and root magic add some azomite, worm castings and epsoma garden lime (or a lil epsomsalt and dissolved calcium pill water) (yup i use the calcium from the medicine chest 600mg)
i have tried gypsum but didnt like it as well, then i let it "cook" a few days or months whatever, when i open my buckets it smells earthy and great often i see the fuzzy fungal growth on top (root magic doing its thing)
this method along with bpn organics makes me happy lol,
got some great news pm 2u soon
i think the hepa idea is good, im gonna do something similar after our new house-al upgrade im dedicating my current bedroom to all 4 tents and grow space have about 12x12 room to work with

Back
Top Bottom