Second grow , first grow journal

MOTAvation

420 Plant of the Month: Third Place Winner
First off sup everybody, i dont know how to start off so im just gonna write. OK i have a grow box thats 3ft tall and 2ft 1/2 all around, right now im using two 17watt florencent lights for germination i have 2 plants growing Blueberry and Snow White both femenized they sprouted today.Im using Miracogro all purpose soil feeds upto 3 months.Ill try to post some pics later on tonight if i can, anyone know how to post pictures

I tried to post some pics yesterday and i did but when they came out on the page they were pitch black . Anybody know whats wrong .

they probably havent been approved yet. it can take up to a day for someone to approve them.

MOTAvation said:
I tried to post some pics yesterday and i did but when they came out on the page they were pitch black . Anybody know whats wrong .
Did you do it thru the gallery? If not they could have been deleted for not doing it. We don't allow links to outside sites for pics (such as Photobucket)

See the pic upload guide in my sig. If you still have problems PM me. We're looking for a new Gallery Mod and it sometimes takes a bit to get your pics approved. Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Akorn :bongrip:

Akornpatch said:
Seedlings need NO FEEDING for about a month if you use quality soil (not Miracle Gro). Altho Miracle Grow is quality, most people growing MJ don't like it because it's not organic.

I still have problems calling it non-organic. The nutrients in miracle gro are exactly what is found so called "organic fertilizers". Nitrogen is nitrogen no matter how it was created or where it came from. I use it in my grows and have no problems with pests, algae or molds and have no problems with nutrient uptake even though I don't think there's a good mycorrhiza population in the root systems. I never introduced a mycorrhiza population into my soil mixes though and I started out with sterilized soil. Maybe I will next time and see if it stands up to miracle gro. I think organic more defines what is used for pest control or growing problems instead of resorting to engineered solutions like artificial pesticides. MadameCrash uses organic solutions to solve growing woes. Her problem solving solutions are safe and 100% organic.

On a last though, I like feeding the soil with a high nitrogen fertilizer prior to planting anything in it. Young plants need nitrogen for lush, rapid growth and since growers seldom do more than 4 weeks of veg growth before kicking the lights to 12/12, they need that nitrogen. Plants can't be starved at any stage except for the last week or two of flushing prior to the expected finish time frame.

I'm not trying to be a pain...just my thoughts on the organic thing.

i did do thru the gallery, under plants , i checked and still black . il try posting some pics of some greens i just got yesterday .

It's still early:30 on the west coast, MOTA..lol. Ya gotta give these guys time to do their "RL" stuff before they can come here to play :smokin:

Gorillabuds said:
I still have problems calling it non-organic. The nutrients in miracle gro are exactly what is found so called "organic fertilizers". Nitrogen is nitrogen no matter how it was created or where it came from.

I'm not trying to be a pain...just my thoughts on the organic thing.

Hey man not trying to argue or anything but i think this is where the confusion lies.

Organic material does depends on where it came from. This is the underlying truth; organic matter has come from a recently living organism; is capable of decay, or the product of decay. If the elements were derived through chemical processes then the material is no longer "organic". With this being said if the miracle grow soil does not say "organic" like some of it's products we cannot argue that it is still "organic".

@ the end of the day, organic or not, it's a fine line between what is and whats not.....:allgood:

yesterday i got home around 12' o clock and my grow box door was opened i went to look inside my cat was in there sleeping, he ate my snow white plant i couldnt belive it so instead of getting mad i just rolled me a fat one to forget about what he did. He just wanted to get high lol. I found 3 seeds in some bombey kronic i bought the other day so im planting one of them to replace my snow white now i just gotta hope its a female.

this is my blueberry at day 7
blueberry_day_71.jpg

Update , i just added 2 AK48 to my grow. Now i have to wait for them to pop up. The blueberry hasnt really grown much ill post some pics when it gets bigger.

yea i smoked blueberry one time and man did it get me high, it was the first time ive ever smoked chronic and right after we smoked we had to go down a hill with our skateboards and felt like i was in slow motion going down the hill it was trippy so , I just had to grow some of my own .i hope it goes all well.

i cant wait either blowin.endo ... i read your grow journal great job

what do you guys recomend for a flowering period, 339watts warm white cfl's or a 250watt hps

thanks man :cheesygrinsmiley:
i'm gonna say the HPS... i've never used one, but im assuming that the light penetration would be better with an HPS?

plus 339 watts versus 250 watts probably speaks for itself :allgood:

Would it show on my light bill (the hps light) thats what im worried about i dont wanna get busted halfway through my grow. by the way i live in a apartment complex.

LOL, the car with the condoms and tanpons would of triped me out for sure. I though i was the only one that ever felt like that ha ha , wouldnt it be cool it you felt like that everytime you somoked, like you were in slowmotion/cartoon.

MOTAvation said:
Would it show on my light bill (the hps light) thats what im worried about i dont wanna get busted halfway through my grow. by the way i live in a apartment complex.
Your electric company charges by the kiloWATT per hour not amps or volts. The more watts you use, the higher your electric bill. Use the HPS. Better penetration, more lumens, less watts used so cheaper to run.

Back
Top Bottom