Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil - 2015

Re: Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil -

i got 2 babies i got top them (they reached for sky or something. their is like 4 inches between nodes on them. She said the ripper grew like that but i got keep it in veg stag for another month so i can harvest each month after july. i got one in july others im trying to space out one each month.) hard to do with limited space.

Re: Shadowmoses 1st Grow - Northern Lights - Short Rider - Autoflower - LED - Soil -

Looks good. I was worried at first that lights would cause to much stretching but looks perfect. I'm going to be running the same led in my grow closet. So I'll be keeping an eye on your journal. Good luck! :Namaste:
I haven't had a problem with stretching with these lights Turbo so you should be good to go :cheer: . I actually had them very far from the light when they first sprouted (probably about 4' or higher). Basically as high as they can go in my tent. There is a pic in my OP that shows how high they were. I now have them 24" above the plants and could definitely have them closer. I was hoping they would stretch a little so I could get a good LST on them. That is why I am keeping the light at 24" for now.

The reason I bought the whole setup is because I found a really good seed in some medical bag weed. Threw it in the soil and it sprouted and it got me interested in growing. The plant got about 8" or more tall and was beautiful, but it turned out being male. I pulled it and ordered some seeds and here we are. If you want I will upload some pics of him before his demise. The light was much closer then because I had him in a cardboard box with one of these lights on top lol.

i got 2 babies i got top them (they reached for sky or something. their is like 4 inches between nodes on them. She said the ripper grew like that but i got keep it in veg stag for another month so i can harvest each month after july. i got one in july others im trying to space out one each month.) hard to do with limited space.
That is some pretty serious stretching 7Dust. I know what it is like with limited space. I don't think I would be able to handle that with my current setup. I think 3 plants max in mine roughly 2'x3'x5'.

Update, Short Rider day 12 and 2 Northern Lights day 10!
Gave the Northern Light girls some water last night as they looks liked they could use a drink.

Day 12 for Short Rider. Her leaves are so much larger than the Northerns. I am wondering if they will have this much growth in 2 days.
12-SR-1.png

Here is the undergrowth. Looking like she is working that pretty hard :) .
12-SR-2.png

Day 9 for Northern Light girls. Number 2 is really growing quite differently than number 1.
Number 1:
10-1-NL.png

Number 2: Growing up pretty quick.
10-2-NL.png

And finally here is a group shot of the girls in there growing environment. From left to right we have NL 2, NL 1, and SR on the right. I hope you all enjoy.
group-12-10.png

Those are some good sized plants being for being soon young. Great job man

Subbed! Looking great this far, Shadow. That Short Rider is a babe! :thumb:

I haven't had a problem with stretching with these lights Turbo so you should be good to go :cheer: . I actually had them very far from the light when they first sprouted (probably about 4' or higher). Basically as high as they can go in my tent. There is a pic in my OP that shows how high they were. I now have them 24" above the plants and could definitely have them closer. I was hoping they would stretch a little so I could get a good LST on them. That is why I am keeping the light at 24" for now.

The reason I bought the whole setup is because I found a really good seed in some medical bag weed. Threw it in the soil and it sprouted and it got me interested in growing. The plant got about 8" or more tall and was beautiful, but it turned out being male. I pulled it and ordered some seeds and here we are. If you want I will upload some pics of him before his demise. The light was much closer then because I had him in a cardboard box with one of these lights on top lol.

That is some pretty serious stretching 7Dust. I know what it is like with limited space. I don't think I would be able to handle that with my current setup. I think 3 plants max in mine roughly 2'x3'x5'.

yeah Denise asked if i wanted to borrow another tent and things. idk i got plan to work. but whats going to happen is im going to end up with two tents in flowering is whats going to happen.

yeah they look great. compact an all. cfls u cant do that. i tried. they will burn before they do that. so its like dang if i do dang if i dont.
i

Those are some good sized plants being for being soon young. Great job man
Yeah, I am truly impressed with their progress. They grow so much every day and it is so fun to watch! Thank you Colesdad :) .

Subbed! Looking great this far, Shadow. That Short Rider is a babe! :thumb:
Thanks Magic, yeah she is my favorite so far. You is so sexy I will have to really watch out for boys in her teens. They will all be trying to get her haha :laugh: . :welcome:

yeah Denise asked if i wanted to borrow another tent and things. idk i got plan to work. but whats going to happen is im going to end up with two tents in flowering is whats going to happen.
That is awesome you have a friend so close. That will be awesome to have two tents. I really wish I had the room for two. That would be really beneficial for clones and a mother.

I have a question for all my subscribers. Do you all want pictures everyday or would you prefer every other day?

Hey subbbbbbbed

Looking good shadow, I use 1 125w cfl for the first week of veg then I put in a 2nd for the last 2 weeks. My light fixture can support a 200w cfl i may get 2 of those. Heat is not really an issue and they are about 5 inches away from the light.
20150313_030510.jpg

I use a small 18 inch t5 ho light for my clones
20150320_182024.jpg

good luck with everything and keep up the good work. The only thing I would recommend to you for next time is don't start In such a big pot, your roots don't reach that farm at such and early stage and alot of nutrients are not being used. This can make your soil hot, I am familiar with foxfarm trio it's similar to what I use "technaflora recipe for success" make sure to feed, water, water. So you can flush out any unused nutrients.

I was under the impression that autoflowers should be started in their final pot, because they do not like to be transplanted. They grow so fast, that if you transplant them some of their size might be sacrificed in the transplanting. I think starting in the final pot is the best way to go.

I was under the impression that autoflowers should be started in their final pot, because they do not like to be transplanted. They grow so fast, that if you transplant them some of their size might be sacrificed in the transplanting. I think starting in the final pot is the best way to go.
cool, I have never messed with autos before so you probably know better. I only grow from clone I don't have patient's for seeds and males and all that :)
I

:blushsmile: Well, I dont have lots of experience myself having a whole half of a grow under my belt. haha. Ive done quite a lot of reading and thats what I did with my THC Bomb auto. Shes doing super.

:blushsmile: Well, I dont have lots of experience myself having a whole half of a grow under my belt. haha. Ive done quite a lot of reading and thats what I did with my THC Bomb auto. Shes doing super.
awesome man, it always helps to do your research :). I probably researched the subject for years before I finally decided to fork out some cash on a grow set up. My first grow was done 100% with a cfl. Used foxfarms nutrients. The nugs on that plant were very sad, fluffy and it was a hermy. I think it was genetic tho because I got it from some decent bud that had seeds.

Interesting. Im using Fox Farm nutrients and their Happy Frog soil. Ima be fussy if I get any hermies. I expect girls.

Interesting. Im using Fox Farm nutrients and their Happy Frog soil. Ima be fussy if I get any hermies. I expect girls.
the sad nugs were due to lack of dense light. I think I used that same soil on my first grow :) good stuff no bugs in it like the crap from home depot, Learned that was a mistake. The hermie definitely upset me and that's why I decided to grow from clone with my hps setup. I hope you get nothing but girls! Good luck

Oh, this isnt my thread. lol :oops: I guess I did kind of hijack it. My apologies. :blushsmile:

Oh, this isnt my thread. lol :oops: I guess I did kind of hijack it. My apologies. :blushsmile:
I'm sure shadow won't mind us bouncing some grow info off eachother in his thread :)

Hey subbbbbbbed
Hi greenlungs :welcome: . I am having so much fun doing this grow and I am so happy people are enjoying too.

Looking good shadow, I use 1 125w cfl for the first week of veg then I put in a 2nd for the last 2 weeks. My light fixture can support a 200w cfl i may get 2 of those. Heat is not really an issue and they are about 5 inches away from the light.
I use a small 18 inch t5 ho light for my clones
good luck with everything and keep up the good work. The only thing I would recommend to you for next time is don't start I'm such a big pot, your roots don't reach that farm at such and early stage and alot of nutrients are not being used. This can make your soil hot, I am familiar with foxfarm trio it's similar to what I use "technaflora recipe for success" make sure to feed, water, water. So you can flush out any unused nutrients.
That is a some pretty sweet light setup double. Would love something like this for my first few weeks. I really like the nano dome, I was thinking of getting it, but when I was reading some reviews some people were complaining about water leaking out due to the lip or something and stretching due to not being able to adjust the light. What have been your experience with it?

Yeah, I am right there with you Soreena, that is what I have read as well. I hope my 2 gallons will be enough for these girls. What do you think? I bit the bullet and ordered some air pots today, but who knows how long they will take to get here.

Oh and I don't mind at all Sorenna. You are more than welcome to discuss any grow information you want here. Liven this place up Sorenna :) . Happy to have you here.

Oh and I have been taking it easy on the nutes double. Only using half strength and watering well in between. I have only actually gave them some of the Big Bloom/Cal-mag once and some Great White mycorrhizal.

Back
Top Bottom