Shorti Goes DWC: Xmas Cookies & Mars Reflector 48

re: Shorti Goes DWC - Xmas Cookies & Mars Reflector 48

meat flavor injectors at the dollar store and some diabeatus syringes for the finer tuning is what i use.
Never thought of a syringe Ont. and im a diabetic haha. I usually grab a Q tip, wet the end with acid or base and stir my water with it. A million ways to do it

The only other thing to know (at this level) is that some nutrients need to go in a certain order. For instance, if you are using a three part nutrient Micro, Grow, Bloom. Then always add Micro first. If you are using these three and Calcium, then it's usually Micro, Calcium then the other 2. It's on the bottle usually. General Hydro's Calimagic states on the label to add it first if memory serves. But I still add Micro first, not sure if that's right or wrong

Silica is an amazing additive. It hardens the plant, makes it more resistant to bugs and other pathogens, heat issues, thickens stems, and about half a dozen other very cool things. It always goes in first. GH's Armor Si. Has a Ph of 11. So you put it in, Ph the water and walk away for a bit to make sure it's completely mixed, If your system recirculates, if not mix it like a witch till it's good. Mixing a solution like this out of order will guarantee nutrient lock which will totally suck for someone new because they will never know why their leaves are tiger striped

I'm a brainstem stroke survivor, or what's left as my mom says lol but I grow for personal use. I figure I'm saving my state a fortune in medical bills... But as far as nutrients go, I stumbled upon the dyna gro product line and I'm satisfied. Even if I had the $ for the other nutrients. I'd still go with dyna gro for 2 reasons 1. $ 2. Simplicity... I can't afford them, nor can I mix them in any way comparable to their's.

I'm a brainstem stroke survivor, or what's left as my mom says lol but I grow for personal use. I figure I'm saving my state a fortune in medical bills... But as far as nutrients go, I stumbled upon the dyna gro product line and I'm satisfied. Even if I had the $ for the other nutrients. I'd still go with dyna gro for 2 reasons 1. $ 2. Simplicity... I can't afford them, nor can I mix them in any way comparable to their's.
Sorry to hear that. The fact we can have this conversation is special to me. I have a relative that has a tumor in his cerebellum. He had surgery a few years back and is doing very well. I say him at Christmas. I walked in the room gave him a hug and we talked for probably 45 minutes before I realised he was standing. Just seemed so natural... gripping stuff.

Simple is where it's at. Some people on forums like these will push raw nutrients. Using NPK and additives as they are found in nature, or close to it. Normally these people have been growing for decades and have forgotten more then we will ever know.... screw that. Just give me the bottle.

Im so glad to talk to you about all this. Youll get it. It's a live and learn thing but the rewards make it worth it.

Cannabis is a wonderful medicine, that's for sure. The way you feel about nutrients, is how I feel about weed in general. Don't give a shit about how it works, just pass the blunt lol no really I use a vaporizer, I love my arizer solo.

Cannabis is a wonderful medicine, that's for sure. The way you feel about nutrients, is how I feel about weed in general. Don't give a shit about how it works, just pass the blunt lol no really I use a vaporizer, I love my arizer solo.
To be honest I'm a bit of a nutrient freak. You just won't find me in the desert mining for Boron.

I feel bad. I keep stealing my wife's pen. Wait... I dont feel bad at all. Haha

My buddy is like that, I got like 5 bottles of nutrients and supplements, he's got a whole shelving unit full lol

I started a different kind of a nutrient this season from Botanicare called CNS17. It's a series, Grow, Bloom, Ripe. But I didnt like the Grow at all so I quit and went back to GH Flora.

I started a different kind of a nutrient this season from Botanicare called CNS17. It's a series, Grow, Bloom, Ripe. But I didnt like the Grow at all so I quit and went back to GH Flora.

GH nutrients is what they're going to use to survive on mars when they finally go to live there, so that's good enough for me.:rofl:

GH nutrients is what they're going to use to survive on mars when they finally go to live there, so that's good enough for me.:rofl:
Mmmm Mars bud...

I'm gonna go register some strain trade names that maybe my kids can make some money on when the Mars bud thing happens. "Red Planet", "Mars Mazar", "Little Green Man", etc. :laughtwo::laughtwo:

So correct me if I'm wrong, as your ppm decreases does your ph rise or fall? Because I think that's where I screwed up the last time..

I'd assume it would fall .

I'm gonna go register some strain trade names that maybe my kids can make some money on when the Mars bud thing happens. "Red Planet", "Mars Mazar", "Little Green Man", etc. :laughtwo::laughtwo:
How about Damon's crap or, Oh Shit I Can't Believe I thought Living On Mars Would Be Cool, But Being The Only Woman In A New World Colony Kinda Sucks ( the acronym 0OSICBITLOMWBCBBTOWIANWCKS ... doesn't exactly roll off the tongue). I see where you're going with this Dawg, you may have something here

Goodmorning 420magazine!

Checked on Christinas roots for first time since res change. Glad I did.

The roots have turned an odd chemical tan color. At first I freaked out, but my water just smells like z7 and micro. The stained areas do not have a film on them so I'm assuming it's nute stain..

Hope all is well!

Good morning horti...root staining is just something you have to get used to. And know the difference between stain and rot.
Smell is the first indicator before any slime build up.
Keep using z7....you'll be fine.
Have a great day!

That's likely what it is, even though you're using the z7, the roots will stain from the AN nutes. You'll also notice the color will be more noticeable on the roots above water level for a period of time. Keep the water levels up when the roots come in strong and they'll likely remain whiter for awhile but I've noticed that no amount of hydroguard and z7 will stop the roots from staining from the nutes. The micro does it, calmag does it, and I don't think you're using it, but Nirvana def does it! Looking good Shorti!

Thanks Furcifer! That makes me feel better. My water temps have been averaging 60-62F so I was confused. Then it hit me, there was tons of nute buildup on the plastic at res change, similar color.

The only smell in water is the vitamin esque scent of micro with the odd cleanser smell of part 2 bottle of Z7 haha

I'm going to be moving her back to a black bucket seeing as right now it's a waste for me to mix 6 gallons when the plant could sit in 3 with the same effect..

Have a great day Furcifer!

That's likely what it is, even though you're using the z7, the roots will stain from the AN nutes. You'll also notice the color will be more noticeable on the roots above water level for a period of time. Keep the water levels up when the roots come in strong and they'll likely remain whiter for awhile but I've noticed that no amount of hydroguard and z7 will stop the roots from staining from the nutes. The micro does it, calmag does it, and I don't think you're using it, but Nirvana def does it! Looking good Shorti!
Thanks for the reassurance 3g! Really glad she isn't coming down with some illness on part of my error haha

Hope you're having an awesome morning

I'm here also front row seats, guess we have both delved over into the world of DWC,

I am doing the green house cheese so will also be popping in see how your getting on with your grow looks good and be sure to run all pumps and air stones and keep adjusting PH until it's stable and then put the baby girls in all the best, peace ✌️

Feel free to check out my journal and pictures guys love and peace to you all

keep blazing.

Back
Top Bottom