Shotta's Cloning Tutorial

Great tutorial, shotta. I figure I’ve got everything together to attempt my first clones this weekend, except for that track playing in the background of your first video, is that necessary?
Hahaha not at all. You can play anything. That includes but not limited to twinkle twinkle little star and the wheels on the bus go round and round.

Hey Shotta I’m doing my first cloning run and used your tutorial. They took really well, most of them within 6 days had roots. After 7 days the first wave was transplanted into solo cups. They have been in the cups for 6 days now under an 18” T8 light.
I just have a couple questions:

When do you normally see growth resume and when do you think I can get them under my LED 180w QB board (@over 30” away to start)?

Thanks again for the tutorial it really simplified the process for me!

Hey Shotta I’m doing my first cloning run and used your tutorial. They took really well, most of them within 6 days had roots. After 7 days the first wave was transplanted into solo cups. They have been in the cups for 6 days now under an 18” T8 light.
I just have a couple questions:

When do you normally see growth resume and when do you think I can get them under my LED 180w QB board (@over 30” away to start)?

Thanks again for the tutorial it really simplified the process for me!

I’m stoked the vids helped you out. 6 days is great.

so the plants can go directly to your led once rooted. I would start them with your lights high and drop them a couple inches every other day until the plants look perky and happy under the light.

This process worked great for me! 10/10
3BC82136-8B33-4736-917B-61AC06DFBE9D.jpeg
D53A4831-4D53-4D2C-A831-B416C516F80A.jpeg

Cool tutorial you got man, if I ever stray away from using an ez-cloner I’ll try this for sure. My method wouldn’t really apply using the root riots but I like to cut open the bottom of my clones to allow more root surface. This wouldn’t be beneficial in your scenario however, but certainly speeds up root growth in water cloners

Attachments

• 5B941481-3BE0-4C60-9496-7E423951C61C.jpeg
    5B941481-3BE0-4C60-9496-7E423951C61C.jpeg
    446.6 KB · Views: 119
Cool tutorial you got man, if I ever stray away from using an ez-cloner I’ll try this for sure. My method wouldn’t really apply using the root riots but I like to cut open the bottom of my clones to allow more root surface. This wouldn’t be beneficial in your scenario however, but certainly speeds up root growth in water cloners
The ez-cloner is too easy and they do root a bit faster. Haven’t used one in some time but I might get around to making a small 24 site system... thanks for dropping by! One love

Hey Shotta,
quick question. When you place the Riot Rooters in the cells are they making contact with the water you have in the tray. You add 1/4" if I recall but I don't think I came across how far down you place the rooter. I'm guessing above the water line since you don't want the roots soaking.
I hope your doing well.

Hey Shotta,
quick question. When you place the Riot Rooters in the cells are they making contact with the water you have in the tray. You add 1/4" if I recall but I don't think I came across how far down you place the rooter. I'm guessing above the water line since you don't want the roots soaking.
I hope your doing well.
I’m doing well MrS
yeah just so the plug is sitting above the water. The water is Mostly to keep humidity up Inside the dome. I also spray the inside of dome too but after3-4 days I Usually stop spraying the inside of dome. One last tip I like to wipe my dome down once a day and give it a fresh misting. You can do without it but I feel the clones do better doing this.

yeah just so the plug is sitting above the water. The water is Mostly to keep humidity up Inside the dome. I also spray the inside of dome too
OK perfect, that's what I did. No dripping, just misty.
but after3-4 days I Usually stop spraying the inside of dome. One last tip I like to wipe my dome down once a day and give it a fresh misting. You can do without it but I feel the clones do better doing this.
OK will do. Thanks for the info.
:thanks:

Hey @shottafire and @Mr. Sauga for pointing me here. Just wanted to say thanks, I’m still at 100% success with this method after a good 30 clones. No fussing, cheap and easy - cut, powder and gel rooting hormone, into rapid rooters, under the dome with a tray of clone strength nutes and slowly introduce air over the week. Roots within 7 days or not long after, and rarely a single yellowed leaf loving it thanks!

10428BFE-EE1D-41AD-AB4E-EF1F6FBFCD17.jpeg
79F4777B-85F5-4620-87B1-1E26B9254395.jpeg

Hey @shottafire and @Mr. Sauga for pointing me here. Just wanted to say thanks, I’m still at 100% success with this method after a good 30 clones. No fussing, cheap and easy - cut, powder and gel rooting hormone, into rapid rooters, under the dome with a tray of clone strength nutes and slowly introduce air over the week. Roots within 7 days or not long after, and rarely a single yellowed leaf loving it thanks!

10428BFE-EE1D-41AD-AB4E-EF1F6FBFCD17.jpeg
79F4777B-85F5-4620-87B1-1E26B9254395.jpeg

heck yeah. I’m stoked you got it all dialed in. That’s one huge benefit to taking good clones and keeping them healthy. You shave a solid 7-10 days off the grow cycle cause they never skip a beat. Keep killing that clone game @DeeCee112

Back
Top Bottom