Sierra Cowboy 5 Variety Outdoor Soil 2019

This is just me thinking out-loud or thinking on site whatever. I have been reading" Dr.Ziggy's low-n-slow drying method" post and am learning a lot along the way. I would suggest this read to any beginner or novice,I am only 20 pages in and have 97 more to go. The post is about a lot more than just drying and some of the sites best advisers are chiming in from time to time so it's all good stuff. I am currently looking for a refrigerator to do this with my harvest, along with the H2O2 wash, I just know with these bits of information my buds will be all the sweeter.

OK I am 57 pages in on the Dr Ziggy's low-n-slow method thread and STILL highly recommend it to rookies and novices alike. The casual conversations are as informative as the thread's subject as participants wander through 113 pages. I have learned a new word as well as all the other info. "Potentiate" not sure it is in the Websters but it fit the subject matter , Thanks SweetSue! I am getting smarter by the page. :thumb: p.s.Went back and looked it's in Wbbster's

Update with pics ( hopefully ) if my camera charges fast enough.

So my camera charger came through !
These girls are super troopers, they have stuck with us through thick and thin. We have switched to General Hydroponics bloom formula and it's looking pretty good. We should have filled our pots to a higher level ,we have in fact planted our girls in 18-20 gallon beds. I believe that with the low soil level and the few mishaps we have had ( rookies) our girls are a little stunted or we had stars in our eye's when we first planted them. You might notice Purple Punch and Girl scout Cookies have been trimmed in a different style than the others, my son has went to extreme IMHO trimming all the" leaves blocking the sunlight and sucking nutrient from the buds" we will see come harvest time. Tomorrow we will be building PVC frames to put over them to support the buds, again maybe we have stars in our eyes but I would like to be ready in case our dreams come true. I will be supporting the buds from above using wood sticks laying across the frames and twine loops. Lately I have been hooked on learning about drying and curing . The plan so far is to H2O2 wash, hang dry for awhile (4 hours) and into the dehydrator for about 50 hours or until the RH gets about 62% . From there into jars for the curing process. At this point I have no idea what our final harvest will yield, I laugh at myself thinking when we first planted it would be somewhere between 6-9 Lbs. Starry starry nights. I feel I owe so much to you all for our success thus far, without you we would have had many rookie disasters. I will go back and see just who it was that prodded me into doing a journal but I owe them a special thanks. The whole 420 Magazine group has provided so much information, thank you all for your contributions, this is my go to source for all thing cannabis.

Late to the party but just in time for all the fun! Gonna catch up over the next day or two. Cheers!
Welcome to the party ! We will be serving pics and questions abundant so sit back enjoy the hilarity of two rookies stumbling along a well beaten path:thumb:

Well I and looked at my introduction post and who was the 1st to suggest I start a journal....any guesses ? It was a person I consider one of my most trusted advisers because to this point all of his advice has been spot-on. When I have an issue with my girls and need advice (even though I do appreciate everyone's input ) there are a few I secretly hope will answer my call, this person is on that list. Before I tell you the name I would like to say that night there were many people supporting me in my efforts to get enough posts to start a journal, Carcass was definitely instrumental in that endeavor, Thanks Carcass. Are you ready? it was PennyWise, The amount of support he and others have given me since I started this journal has been priceless so Thank You PennyWise I 'm in your debt :thanks:

Hello Gang, I am trying to expand my signature to include my journal and other threads that I have found to be particularly helpful and am having difficulty. I went to Backlipslides tutorial but things are not working the way it is supposed to, when I click on my avatar at the top it does not go to the page Back shows it just expands and shows my score etc. I f there is another tutorial out there please can someone direct me to that, Thanks you're all the best .

Well Well look at this old dog adding to his signature, I just have to choose wisely otherwise I will end up with a Chapter of links. I have learned so much from this group and want to share it all that it is hard to decide what to add and what to just let people find on their own;)

Yep always pay it forward, new members coming in daily. I follow the introduce yourself thread and try and at greet as many as I can. I had several experienced growers take me under their wings when I first got here.

I am trying to be a good member and "pay it forward" for the same reason :thumb:
Yep always pay it forward, new members coming in daily. I follow the introduce yourself thread and try and at greet as many as I can. I had several experienced growers take me under their wings when I first got here.

Well, I’m a lil sad you weren’t able to figure out your signature with my thread. I may have some tweaking to do on it if you could most kindly explain to me why it wasn’t working for you?:sorry:

I like to see that your plants are thriving! I’ve been gone for some time. I’m glad pennywise has been so helpful for you! He is a great member! :adore:

I for some reason thought you were calling out carcass before you changed paths and call on pennywise! They are both very well respected members so I would have been happy with either or...

I’ve had a few too many wobbly pops tonight and found myself rambling... (stumbles into garbage can)

Hiccup..

Anywho...

I’m signing out with a One of these!

Just a quick and simple question, I have been cruising around the site and looking at various threads and it seems the older stuff's pics are gone and links are missing, is this to trim the size of the site ? or is my computer doing something weird?

Well, I’m a lil sad you weren’t able to figure out your signature with my thread. I may have some tweaking to do on it if you could most kindly explain to me why it wasn’t working for you?:sorry:

I like to see that your plants are thriving! I’ve been gone for some time. I’m glad pennywise has been so helpful for you! He is a great member! :adore:

I for some reason thought you were calling out carcass before you changed paths and call on pennywise! They are both very well respected members so I would have been happy with either or...

I’ve had a few too many wobbly pops tonight and found myself rambling... (stumbles into garbage can)

Hiccup..

Anywho...

I’m signing out with a One of these!
Hey Back, like I said in my PM it wasn't your thread it was my head, and as you can see I got it down now ! I don't know all the members here however the ones that are helping me along are Incredibly knowledgeable and oh so willing to share, I could not be more Grateful. Without this group I think I would be looking at 6 pots of dirt :circle-of-love:

I got a tip from one of you ( suffering from "old timers" so I can't remember) on how to support my plants during the flowering stage with overhead support and this is my version of a support system. We will be placing dowels across the frame and attaching twine to support the hopefully MASSIVE buds that our girls are going to produce. I didn't glue it together so I will be able to re-use / adjust / store it in the future. Just an FYI the supports are 5' tall
IMG_20190825_111608.jpg

Good morning 420 Friends ! I came home this morning and looked out my bedroom window and this is what I saw :eek: It is only happening to my Blue dream and only to a few leaves for now and I want to keep it that way. I looked in the plant disease and pest guide and didn't think it matched any of the photos or descriptions so I am at your mercy Please help !!
IMG_20190826_081941336.jpg

Back
Top Bottom