Went on a long vacation
See, it's ok to admit you enjoy not HAVING to water every day, and it doesn't mean you're a newb or lazy or not tuned in to your weed's needs.

F07FA7D0-1579-46BD-8C1D-B8B424D8A255.jpeg

I couldn't bring myself to chop these pepper plants that have been outside all year in this SIP. so after I managed to push all of the cannabis I've got growing into my flower tent, I decided to keep this pepper around, on its own, esp. as there's 25 tiny peppers on it right now. This is the smallest of my food SIPs, its between 30 and 35 gallons. It has an overturned 10-gallon pot inside, drilled out with a pipe to feed it and a large drain hole with a mesh filter on it. I'll have to find a tray for it to sit on.

All the other outdoor SIPs will keep their soil overwonter, I have covers on each so they will reuse their soil/Promix again next year.
9BEE29B7-C96B-4D52-8485-63F1D0496F3B.jpeg

I had to pull the indoor cannabis plants out of their SIPs to move them (they’re in 10gal GeoPots (soft pots) so I took some pics of the pieces and how they fit together for anyone curious. Nothing new, I’ve showed this before.
77A32F46-8810-4016-862F-C96CDA86A5E7.jpeg

It’s composed of two nested totes with same footprint but the inner one is shallower, and 17gal, the larger 27gal. The ‘wicking foot’ is a strangely shaped net pot for outdoor ponds that’s just the right height to contact the contents of the inner tote if I drill big holes in the bottom.
5BADE0B6-C8E9-42DF-8FA1-3328B42B068E.jpeg

Thedgb
4A78377F-0C95-4D5F-A14A-7F8DD871CE98.jpeg

You can see a lot of roots were cut when I removed the plants, but roots grow back very fast and they don’t show any distress from the event.

I put air holes in my fill pipes to help oxygenate the air gap. Grown a lot in this setup, the rez holds 6 US gallons. By using softpots instead of just filling the tote I get a slightly drier sip, and one I can move individual plants around with, if necessary. This one is organic, all worm castings in the planter and rez water is chemically dechlorinated, 7pH soft tap water with humic acid and kelp extract mixed in (5:2) about 250-350ppm. I’m running airstones in lots of SIPs but always in organic ones. Want to avoid settlement layering and anaerobic conditions.
66A3951C-0288-405C-A8A8-99BC479D814C.jpeg

C5935894-8DC5-4D10-92CA-CA0C087F9910.jpeg
I’m also having this issue with one of my Super-castings SIP plants. Yellowing, then necrosis in that central vein is showing up on the ones under the most light, fan leaves only. Definitely an issue. Maybe not enough Promix for buffering in these 1/3 castings plants. I’ve been adding soluble limestone to the teas and refreshing the bennies a lot. Maybe it just needs some time away from the farmer, stranger things…

The other day I had already decided to stop growing during the cancer treatment, and I was minutes from taking everything down and into the compost when I decided I wanted to see if it would be possible to keep growing through my cancer treatments/surgery by leveraging the power and potential of SIPs. I’m installing a camera I can access from the hospital via my phone and using the big 6-gal reservoir SIPs. The climate is wifi controlled too, though not near as good as the newest Vivosun tech or the latest AC Infinity unit - that stuff is a major step forward. Still, I can monitor, change settings and access a continual log of data. Maybe it’s possible, we’re gonna find out together, “Can you grow weed while you are treated for esophageal cancer?”

See, what really happened is that, since I setup these tents a couple years ago I haven’t consumed much of all the weed I grow. I give it away and use it to barter for services like home repair and maintenance. I was only enjoying getting high only half the times I did, which wasn’t a great average so I wasn’t doin it much.

Then the cancer hit, and omg the stuff seems designed especially for helping you get through all of the hardships associated. I’m hauling on my homemade vape sauce all the live-long-day all of a sudden. It is helping me so much.

I have everything ready to make RSO but I lost my nerve yesterday. I’ll get on to it. I have a surgery Thursday to put in a feeding tube, so I’ll test my in-tent camera while I’m there a few days, and we’ll just keep on trying to grow weed through all this because it is suddenly my favourite thing, ever, and SIPs might just be what makes it possible. Stay tuned!
5E27114A-848B-45FB-9A75-04CC893D104D.jpeg

I’m also having this issue with one of my Super-castings SIP plants. Yellowing, then necrosis in that central vein is showing up on the ones under the most light, fan leaves only. Definitely an issue. Maybe not enough Promix for buffering in these 1/3 castings plants. I’ve been adding soluble limestone to the teas and refreshing the bennies a lot. Maybe it just needs some time away from the farmer, stranger things…

The other day I had already decided to stop growing during the cancer treatment, and I was minutes from taking everything down and into the compost when I decided I wanted to see if it would be possible to keep growing through my cancer treatments/surgery by leveraging the power and potential of SIPs. I’m installing a camera I can access from the hospital via my phone and using the big 6-gal reservoir SIPs. The climate is wifi controlled too, though not near as good as the newest Vivosun tech or the latest AC Infinity unit - that stuff is a major step forward. Still, I can monitor, change settings and access a continual log of data. Maybe it’s possible, we’re gonna find out together, “Can you grow weed while you are treated for esophageal cancer?”

See, what really happened is that, since I setup these tents a couple years ago I haven’t consumed much of all the weed I grow. I give it away and use it to barter for services like home repair and maintenance. I was only enjoying getting high only half the times I did, which wasn’t a great average so I wasn’t doin it much.

Then the cancer hit, and omg the stuff seems designed especially for helping you get through all of the hardships associated. I’m hauling on my homemade vape sauce all the live-long-day all of a sudden. It is helping me so much.

I have everything ready to make RSO but I lost my nerve yesterday. I’ll get on to it. I have a surgery Thursday to put in a feeding tube, so I’ll test my in-tent camera while I’m there a few days, and we’ll just keep on trying to grow weed through all this because it is suddenly my favourite thing, ever, and SIPs might just be what makes it possible. Stay tuned!
All the best of luck with your treatment and im glad you are doing a remote grow it will give you something to do that you enjoy.
Plants are looking awesome as always, well done 👍
All the best

RSO is no big deal. It gets expensive until you get something to recover the evaporating booze. I use a cheap 'Zon water distiller to catch it. Wash the weed, pour the contents into the distiller, run it for a few min (checking frequently when it gets low, the only lame part) , I run a tube from the distiller to a coffee carafe - no extra cooling process, when the booze in the distiller is boiled off to a level that I don't feel like it'll waste too much to boil it off - I pour it into a metal bowl (without the distiller, just jump to this part) and put that bowl on top of a small pot half filled with water . (like a homemade double boiler) I cook it on there at medium high till the booze is gone and continue to cook it until it decarbs. (The bubbles are gone for good) then I suck it up while it's still warm and fill capsules with it. Don't lick the bowl, it tastes like road tar mixed with skunk shit. Any residue left in the bowl can just be left and incorporated into the next run. Go easy on yourself for the first dose, it can take 2 hours to kick in so don't go eating a bunch more if it didn't work right away. My typical dose is a full gram, but my tolerance is beyond high, and that gram gets me feeling weed-drunk for 6 hours.
You're a wizard dude, it'll be child's play for you to whip up a batch of primo RSO. When I made to help my mom, I used only buds - no trim, it made spectacular RSO. Really helped with her pain and depression.

RSO is no big deal. It gets expensive until you get something to recover the evaporating booze. I use a cheap 'Zon water distiller to catch it. Wash the weed, pour the contents into the distiller, run it for a few min (checking frequently when it gets low, the only lame part) , I run a tube from the distiller to a coffee carafe - no extra cooling process, when the booze in the distiller is boiled off to a level that I don't feel like it'll waste too much to boil it off - I pour it into a metal bowl (without the distiller, just jump to this part) and put that bowl on top of a small pot half filled with water . (like a homemade double boiler) I cook it on there at medium high till the booze is gone and continue to cook it until it decarbs. (The bubbles are gone for good) then I suck it up while it's still warm and fill capsules with it. Don't lick the bowl, it tastes like road tar mixed with skunk shit. Any residue left in the bowl can just be left and incorporated into the next run. Go easy on yourself for the first dose, it can take 2 hours to kick in so don't go eating a bunch more if it didn't work right away. My typical dose is a full gram, but my tolerance is beyond high, and that gram gets me feeling weed-drunk for 6 hours.
You're a wizard dude, it'll be child's play for you to whip up a batch of primo RSO. When I made to help my mom, I used only buds - no trim, it made spectacular RSO. Really helped with her pain and depression.
Man, I appreciate that no end. I actually have all of those things and it has slowly. been. dawning. on. me. that I could use my water distiller to do exactly that. Seriously, are you like standing outside my window right now? C'mon in if so.

3 questions.
Is it important I use the solvent/material as soon as possible after I massage it from the buds and filter it? I've got everything ice cold. Or can it be a true two-part (two-day) process?

Will the still still work as a water still, afterward, if I clean it well?

My lab area actually has a tiny room inside it, 3ft square, with a cheap extraction fan in a window frame. Just for laquering, glues, etc. Lots of jewellery gets made here.

Any thoughts on whether it's safer to evap in there, or safer to do in the larger, but just 16x10, room with a normal room fan blowing? I can't decide which.

I really appreciate everyone's tidbits and atta boys. I don't know if this is the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning. I can tell you, however, that it is going to be one or the other. The other choices clearly no longer exist. The sensation is one of passing through a wall permeable to one-way flow only. The "me" from two weeks ago is unreachable, he is gone. It's very interesting.

Highya RD,

So sorry to hear about your medical issues! I don't wish cancer on anybody. It seems very prevalent in this day and age! I do wish you well forThursday's surgery, and recovery! I hope your ladies survive as well, so you'll have biomass for RSO. I certainly don't envy your position at all!!Good Luck, and Happy Smokin'

Hey Dog, good luck with your surgery. Positive thoughts sent your way.

I stopped by Wally World the other day and they had SIPs on sale. Well, partial SIPs. They had 18 gallon totes like you use on clearance for $3.50 US. I bot four. Must have been trying to get rid of them because they didn't have drainage holes nor fill tubes.

They called them "storage totes" but I think we all know what they really are. :cool:

Man, I appreciate that no end. I actually have all of those things and it has slowly. been. dawning. on. me. that I could use my water distiller to do exactly that. Seriously, are you like standing outside my window right now? C'mon in if so.

3 questions.
Is it important I use the solvent/material as soon as possible after I massage it from the buds and filter it? I've got everything ice cold. Or can it be a true two-part (two-day) process?

Will the still still work as a water still, afterward, if I clean it well?

My lab area actually has a tiny room inside it, 3ft square, with a cheap extraction fan in a window frame. Just for laquering, glues, etc. Lots of jewellery gets made here.

Any thoughts on whether it's safer to evap in there, or safer to do in the larger, but just 16x10, room with a normal room fan blowing? I can't decide which.

I really appreciate everyone's tidbits and atta boys. I don't know if this is the beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning. I can tell you, however, that it is going to be one or the other. The other choices clearly no longer exist. The sensation is one of passing through a wall permeable to one-way flow only. The "me" from two weeks ago is unreachable, he is gone. It's very interesting.
Feel free to do it in 2 parts, once the buds are washed, the fluid can be saved until you're ready to party. My distiller still looks ready to distill water if I choose to, just a couple stains from over-cooking a batch a while back. My lab is a single car garage packed with tools, not a very big space. I don't fear a fire in there, but by the end I do get a little buzz from all the booze fumes. You'll have that stuff cheff-ed up in the blink of an eye Rez Dog.
I love RSO, it's the heavy hitter of ingesting meds.

They're getting their stretch on!

Hey all! Day 70 end of week 1 of 12/12
IMG_0874.jpeg
IMG_0875.jpeg
IMG_0876.jpeg
IMG_0877.jpeg
Nice week Tequila! Plant has exploded! Lots of nice bud sites forming! How are you finding working with the SIP? Good luck mate, keep us posted and if you have any issues, we’ll pull the brain-trust together for you to help work it out, if you wish. You’re doing great on yer own mate! Really good. I see THC in your future, lots and lots of THC….

Couldn’t have done this without 420mag stalwarts @Gee64 or @RedskinnedRhino I actually managed to recover over 3/4 of the grain alcohol, clean as anything, and make a decent haul of RSO with 3-4 ounces of strong buds from 3 different strains, hopefully a good, large, combination of cannibinoids. All SIP-grown, of course. Oh, and I’m sitting pretty in my recovery room, next day after, successful surgery. Home in a few days!. Thanks for your help everyone, the good vibes are literally fueling me right now. Could I do it without you? Ugh, maybe, but I sure as hell wouldn’t want to!
1696599151180.png

C268A562-4B11-4C6F-842B-BCF1D8885122.jpeg

Good job!.. syringes with pure goodness..
This and you might want to make some 7 mushroom extract as well, or get some.. usually with Reishi, Lionsmane, chaga etc..
& you can always add the magic ones... or hit the vape to check up on the processes inside your body
It’s actually the perfect setting for all of that. It would be gratifying to one day see psychedelic experiences be supported as an optional therapy for so called curative cases and not just palliative ones. If I was permitted and supported in having a 20 minute DMT sesh in this setting and circumstances, I could make some serious progress. We need courage and wisdom not only in facing death, but also when we’re under difficult conditions help us to choose life. If you catch my meaning.
Peace out!

Absolutely, a. the things you can become aware of when all synapses are firing and in communication... b. fear is greatly reduced if you already died a thousands times on psychedelics c. the positive outlook and rejuvenating effect of indeed choose life.. as that's often the message of the plants as the whole goal of the symbiosis here is life finding ways and it gives you a kick.
and if it were time to meet the reaper.. hmmm I've thought about it often as well.. I'd like to go out on a wild ride...and on the off chance it's the way to shoot yourself to another realm instead of going through another incarnation here 😆

Couldn’t have done this without 420mag stalwarts @Gee64 or @RedskinnedRhino I actually managed to recover over 3/4 of the grain alcohol, clean as anything, and make a decent haul of RSO with 3-4 ounces of strong buds from 3 different strains, hopefully a good, large, combination of cannibinoids. All SIP-grown, of course. Oh, and I’m sitting pretty in my recovery room, next day after, successful surgery. Home in a few days!. Thanks for your help everyone, the good vibes are literally fueling me right now. Could I do it without you? Ugh, maybe, but I sure as hell wouldn’t want to!
1696599151180.png

All the best RD👊❤️ Sending positive vibes. Hopefully the RSO helps. If not, well..... Theres always Everclear😎. Glad the surgery went well!👊

1696599151180.png

Glad the surgery was a success and your in great spirits! I just found some tincture in a everclear bottle i made maybe a yr or 2 ago it should still be good huh?

I actually managed to recover over 3/4 of the grain alcohol, clean as anything, and make a decent haul of RSO with 3-4 ounces of strong buds from 3 different strains, hopefully a good, large, combination of cannibinoids. All SIP-grown, of course.
Good on you, RD.

If I recall the dosing protocol for the original RSO, it was to consume the RSO made from a pound of herb within three months, starting small and increasing every three days or so until up to a standard dose.

You probably already know all that but I think the quantity consumed within the short 3 month window was an important element in the reported successes.

Back
Top Bottom