SkooterClowns Running in Circles

Darn now I gotta go pee

Ok...so I was bored and decided to take more pictures.

Day 4 @ 12/12
1185 PPM GH Week 2 of Bloom mix (800-1400ppm)
PH 5.4

DSC013241.JPG

DSC013234.JPG

DSC013223.JPG

DSC013214.JPG

DSC013202.JPG

Tomorrow I start topping off the tub with new mix (week 3 of Bloom mix).
Rather than draining the tub I'll just be topping it off with this mix. As it is Franki is requiring between 2 and 3 quarts of water everyday to top off the tub. She is thirsty and healthy. Just like we like them!

ok..got four of the clone set into net cups and ready for their new home...they'll be moved there this weekend and go into a 16/8 cycle for about a week i guess before we start the 12/12 bloom cycle...

Yeah, yeah, they don't look like much now but wait and see....
We'll be shoulder high in buds in no time...:smokin:

\
DSC025722.JPG

and just like that...massive roots developing....:cheer:
DSC025802.JPG

BTW. I was running week 1 GH grow mix on the cuttings until rooted...then yesrterday when I moved them into a 2"x2" rockwool and into the 4" cups I changed the mix to week 3 grow of the GH chart...they seem to be liking it...

Man I love the new set up! The lady be looking fine as well.

Well as you may or may know I never took clones before Mary Bell started to develop Bud. As a result I have been thinking about my options for next grow. A: see what the bag seed I have laying around can do for me B: taking clones and trying to revegetate them. Thats where you'll come in. Now you mention magic, Care to elaborate on what this magic might be?

thanks ItsChrome, we're loving the new set up ourselves...should make for some heavy yields (fingers crossed)..

As for the "magic"...keep it to yourself as we don't want this to be general knowledge.

Step one....cut a small bud as close to the stem as possible (we took them from the very bottom, under the canopy of the plant.

Step two..dip it in some cloning powder/gel

Step three...stick it into a small (2"x2") rockwool cube soaked in ph balanced General hydroponics clone mix (off their chart)

Step four...place in a shallow tray with a little clone mix in the bottom and under 24hr light...mist a few times a day with said clone mix until rooted...

that's basically it....very easy, although out of the 6 we took only one rooted. But that's all we really needed...

The plant that came from that one clone has amazing branching and I could have easily taken 15 to 20 clones from it after taking the 7 I did...she has to have at least 6-8 cola sites but skooter would have to count them ...

get on that skooter...

Oh ok cool, so just clone then as normal then. I wasn't sure if you guys had some secret formula you used or something. Though i do have no more question You say to cut them as close to the root as possible. My lady stretched alot. Also since she grew so darn much my lighting hasn't been ideal leaving her bottom most shoots with out much light. This had caused them to stretch even more. If i cut them at the stem (as i assume you mean the main stalk) they will be about 12 inches long an quite lanky. the only think I have ever clone has been Herbs, mint and basil to be exact. There i would take a cutting not always right off the stem and they would still root. usually. So if i say wanted to only use the last 6 Inches of the stem which is where most if not all the branches and leafs, ect are located. Would that still work?

I like to cut them close to the main stalk just so I don't leave a stick on the plant to die off and rot, is all.

But, yeah,there would be no problem once you cut it off the plant to then cut it closer to the bud site before dipping it in the rooting hormone...thats what I always do...the second cut I do real close to the rooting hormone so I can dip it right in and avoid an air bubble to getting into the stem.

No problem, always happy to help.....:goodluck:

Franki

DSC013443.JPG

DSC013483.JPG

DSC013503.JPG

Franki's babies.
Lights just came on to begin first day of 12/12. Had them in the dark for the last 30 hours.
GH Bloom mix week 1
1100 ppm
5.6 Ph

Shot of draining the tub and one shot of refilling the tub (fascinating stuff ain't it?)

DSC013532.JPG

DSC013561.JPG

DSC01358.JPG

Oooh!! Ahhhh!!

Damn I like the draining/refilling method! I need to figure something out that will work for my setup...

Girls are looking great! :bravo:

I need to vent (this friggin' clown is gonna wig out!)

Franki is getting on my nerves. She just won't stop f'in growin'!
I had to "re-tie" her back to help manage the height.
Changed the mix to the maximum GH Bloom mix (week 10) with NO grow nutes only a small amount of micro nutes (2 TBSP/5 Gal) and maximum bloom nutes (6 TBSP + 2TSP/5 Gal). I also added Black Strap for the first time this grow (2 TBSP/5Gal) and am hoping this will slow down her friggin' growth.

Just an example of why we hate keeping a plant in veg too long.

Her daughters are already in bloom mode and you can see in the pictures just how much roots we found they need to go into bloom. The plants will still grow but not as tall as her mom (thank God).

There...this crazy ass clown feels better. Now to kick off my big shoes and go to bed.

DSC01359.JPG

DSC01360.JPG

DSC01361.JPG

DSC01362.JPG

DSC013633.JPG

DSC013642.JPG

DSC013652.JPG

Not bad for a freakin' clown.....:bong:

looks like you didn't build the room tall enough.....:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom