Skunnymonster's Multi-Strain Perpetual LED Grow

Looks good man! I'm really liking the led lights these days. I'm not sure on the proper distance from the canopy but with my 140w super ufo I started with it too close to the plants and they were wilting. I moved it up to 18" and they did much better. I also hear that LEDs can have an affect on your nutrient requirements. I'm still learning. Good luck, I'll be along for the ride!:hookah:

Awesome start. Everything looking good. The one thing I will say for that air pot pic is you will run into two problems if you do not deal with that sitting water in pan. Number one is the roots will drop into the fluid and grow crazy and start dieing from drowning then causing plant problems. Number two is you will get bad bacteria growing in stale watered nutes sitting in pan and it will smell very bad and hurt plant as well. Quick rinse works well. I wish you the best and I will keep a eye out on your grow.

Thanks for joining CO and for the tip. This is my 1st grow with air pots so I've heeded your advice & washed out my tray. How do you deal with it in larger pots? I'm considering using a bicycle pump to suck out the excess water then wipe clean.

I use a wet vac.
How I like to flush, I get a pan that fits to pot for the grow and normal feeding and have that sit in a bigger pan that will catch runoff and I can wet vac out while I do flush. So yes two pans.

I use a wet vac.
How I like to flush, I get a pan that fits to pot for the grow and normal feeding and have that sit in a bigger pan that will catch runoff and I can wet vac out while I do flush. So yes two pans.

Thanks CO, that's a top tip! I haven't bought any trays yet so I'll make sure I get 2 per pot & look at your set up

Looks good man! I'm really liking the led lights these days. I'm not sure on the proper distance from the canopy but with my 140w super ufo I started with it too close to the plants and they were wilting. I moved it up to 18" and they did much better. I also hear that LEDs can have an affect on your nutrient requirements. I'm still learning. Good luck, I'll be along for the ride!:hookah:
Hi Free bud, I think I'll be keeping mine at least 2' away when they've grown and I'll see how they go, maybe 3' on the seedlings? With the nutes, I'll play it by ear I think. As it's my 1st time in coco & using these nutes, I'll err on the side of caution & use the old adage "less is more" :peace::yummy:

I'm learning from scratch myself really

Cannabis plants grown under LED lights have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium, I recommend a liquid calcium supplement added to your nutrient mixture at 1 teaspoon or 5 millilitres per gallon, cannabis plants grown under LED lights also use less nutrient strength and have a higher requirement for water.

Cannabis plants grown under LED lights have a higher requirement for calcium and magnesium, I recommend a liquid calcium supplement added to your nutrient mixture at 1 teaspoon or 5 millilitres per gallon, cannabis plants grown under LED lights also use less nutrient strength and have a higher requirement for water.

Would Cal Mag deficiency be responsible for lightish greenish leaves ? If so, are there additives of Cal Mag that don't require mixing with nutes ?

And with ''higher requirement for water'', do you mean pH level ?

Another question, Lets say you had 48x3w reflector LED panel and one small plant, how high from canopy would you keep it?

Thanks for the tip King, I'll make a note of that with the cal mag. I was thinking of running the nutes at a low rate to start with as I'm unfamiliar with the brand. I planned on starting at 50% and going up to 75% would you say this is about right from your experience?

Would Cal Mag deficiency be responsible for lightish greenish leaves ? If so, are there additives of Cal Mag that don't require mixing with nutes ?

And with ''higher requirement for water'', do you mean pH level ?

Another question, Lets say you had 48x3w reflector LED panel and one small plant, how high from canopy would you keep it?

A magnesium deficiency can be responsible for new growth that is pale green. it is not possible to have a liquid calcium and magnesium supplement that is not added to your nutrient mixture. by ''higher requirement for water'' I mean that plants grown under LED lights require more water and less nutrient strength. Your last question depends on how small your plant is. If you have a seedling I would say place the light 30" from the seedling, if your plant is a small plant then I would place the LED light 24"-30" above the plant.

A magnesium deficiency can be responsible for new growth that is pale green. it is not possible to have a liquid calcium and magnesium supplement that is not added to your nutrient mixture. by ''higher requirement for water'' I mean that plants grown under LED lights require more water and less nutrient strength. Your last question depends on how small your plant is. If you have a seedling I would say place the light 30" from the seedling, if your plant is a small plant then I would place the LED light 24"-30" above the plant.

I agree with less nitrogen and more cal/mg but I don't water more, actually less

edit-- read it again, :cheesygrinsmiley:

Not much to report today really, I checked the two seeds that haven't popped up yet, they have produced a tap root so they're just slow developers. Now I know there's life I'll leave them alone. The other two seedlings are doing well as is little miss two heads. Tonight I treated her to a foliar feed at lights off, firstly I prepared her leaves with Bio-Wetter then sprayed her with Evolution. I raised her closer to the light this morning too, as she was starting to stretch a bit.

That's your lot, peace out & keep it green :Rasta:

snipped from my answer

SM Thank you for the invite. I see you already have a most excellent mentor with John who is King. I would love to help but I truly suck at following along with folks. Even the few journals I really should follow I fail. The best way to get my help is to come on over and ask :cheesygrinsmiley: I will try to stop in now and then to check it out... I usually show up at harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry I was short yesterday, I was under the gun and had little time.

You have a great start, I hope your grow is like an oval toy train track, nice and easy with a predictable end, not like me who is on a perpetual holy rollercoaster just trying to hold on :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good luck with your grow, I will try to stop in

snipped from my answer

SM Thank you for the invite. I see you already have a most excellent mentor with John who is King. I would love to help but I truly suck at following along with folks. Even the few journals I really should follow I fail. The best way to get my help is to come on over and ask :cheesygrinsmiley: I will try to stop in now and then to check it out... I usually show up at harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry I was short yesterday, I was under the gun and had little time.

You have a great start, I hope your grow is like an oval toy train track, nice and easy with a predictable end, not like me who is on a perpetual holy rollercoaster just trying to hold on :cheesygrinsmiley:

Good luck with your grow, I will try to stop in

Hahaa, I admire your honesty bud & no offence taken.

All aboard the coco train, destination utopia :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom