Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

re: Some Gear No Idea - First Grow Under CFLs & LED - Candida CBD Strain

They look great geek.
Yeah , you can start chasing you're tail round in circles trying to get perfection. You got it well under control.

I worry more about temps this time of year and at the moment ive got them 26° lights on, 20° lights of. So im happy.

They're still growing at the moment as they go into flower stretch, so they still need a bit of humidity to grow.

I rent to, what is it with these landlords not letting you just drill holes where you like eh. I call it home improvement. Look mr landlord ive built you a purpose built grow space, no I say it ads value.lol.

Hahaha I think landlord is selling this place soon so we've started looking for somewhere pos buying this time and then I get to make holes .. although OH said I can have a shed so may turn that into my grow space

Yesterday was 10c outside so temps inside the tent where at 27c during the day. Today it's back down to 5c outside so it's holding at around 21c inside the tent.

They thankfully seem to be coping well with the temp varying a bit. At night I set the heater at 20c and with the windows closed it stays snug in there.

The little autos I have planted are so tiny compared to my big girls at that age. There smaller plants anyway but the difference even as babies is noticeable height wise.

Have to add I bought a ONA gel to see if it works adsorbing the smell and that thing is awesome so FYI for anyone else needing to control the smell more than a carbon filter. Although I also have a tray inside the tent with activated carbon in it which may also be helping. (Stuff you get for fish tanks!).

Can't wait to start seeing some buds appear, what week does that normally happen?

Cabinet Stealth Grow With CFL Lights

Some pics from today .
420-magazine-mobile309721850.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1496662655.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2123888183.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1516137546.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1035039821.jpg
420-magazine-mobile575351083.jpg

Girls are coming along nicely. Good stuff.

Buds usually start to appear within two -three weeks, very strain dependent.
Some are quicker than others.
She should show you her sex within a week or so, tiny little pistel hairs where a branch meets the stem.

So had to transplant the Candida today (not ideal I know), but they got root bound in there pots, I under estimated how big of a pot they needed! Have put them in 6-gal pots now, got some kelp seaweed to help them with the shock of it. Humidity is very much under control, staying between 39-50 max so much improved!

420-magazine-mobile482069594.jpg

Hopefully they'll be ok! Some updated pics today:

Also anyone else grown auto jacks? Any clue as to how big they actually grow? Sort of concerned about space!

420-magazine-mobile1122297475.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1947716364.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1209266447.jpg

So learning from my previous error with the Candida, I transferred the Auto jacks today into there final pots after working out what size I needed for them went for a 4-gallon as I believe there indica strains being short and bushy in the way there growing, they should therefore stay a lot smaller.

Pics today:

420-magazine-mobile1086204944.jpg
420-magazine-mobile691681154.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1876768112.jpg

Cabinet Stealth Grow With CFL Lights

So I added 1x 200W dual CFL light into the tent mainly to raise temps up a bit. As we have snow here at Mo we're not going above 4c during the day and in a effort to not over use the oil heater during the day (it's expensive to run it), I've thrown it in to bring my temps up. Bit cheaper than the oil heater and gives them extra light whilst in flower which should equal bigger yield so win win . I may add my other 200W CFL in the other corner when proper buds appear or if I need more heat.

420-magazine-mobile1730573125.jpg

Cheers bro, yeh it seems to be working :) hoping when we move that I can get a bit bigger tent as it's a little tight as they get bigger. Either that or grow smaller plants lol

Do you use any plant training or just let them go naturally?

Do you use any plant training or just let them go naturally?

Oh lots of training lol as these plants can grow very tall if allowed too! So I've topped once and done LST with them. One is bent into a spiral and the other I was a little lazier with and just bent over . , also tied various branches down. So they grow wider rather than tall. Next time I think I'll give manifolding a try as that looks pretty Kool

I'll let you use 'garden/gardening' if I can use 'haircut'!!!

I love a bit of defoliation, they're looking good mate :)

Haha it's a deal . haircut is much easier! There doing good so far, considering they have me looking after them I'm amazed I've managed to get them this far lol never been one for gardening until now, first thing I've ever grown, ever!

Just trying to workout the dose of these "bloom" nuts. Don't want to give them too much of the same thing. Ones meant to be a "base" and the other a "booster" but far as I can see they contain the same things.......so that's confusing. What do you use with yours?

I've not used the nuts before, I use the Canna Bloom Boost when it gets to flowering, I try and keep the veg feeding going for first two weeks of flower and then switch to a flower formula. But always use the Canna boost as soon as I make the flip, mixed in at half dose and then gradually upped after a week.

I'll be honest mate, I haven't seen the white nuts in the bag. Is that something you add to the soil?

I've not used the nuts before, I use the Canna Bloom Boost when it gets to flowering, I try and keep the veg feeding going for first two weeks of flower and then switch to a flower formula. But always use the Canna boost as soon as I make the flip, mixed in at half dose and then gradually upped after a week.

I'll be honest mate, I haven't seen the white nuts in the bag. Is that something you add to the soil?

I've heard canna boost is good may try that next time. Ah no lol the white bag is dehumidifier hanging bags . as had high RH levels so use them+electric dehumidifier to control it. Thankfully RH now staying in the 40's so should be ok for flowering

Got you. No worries, use the base as a feed (if that's what it is?) and then add the Bloom thing you've got to the feed as well. I put some of the Bloom boost into an atomiser/mister and spray it onto your buds and leaves too

And Canna are a bit fragile tbh. You get the best results using their soil mixes. Using anything else gives serious PH fluctuations. It sounds weird but I use Canna Flores for three days before I start the flush. Any other time I've used it I've ended up with nute problems, but that little three day feed makes them fatten up almost immediately

Back
Top Bottom