Someone has found my plants - How should I protect these girls now?

Tie all the stems to the stalk & wrap in razor wire. fenced off and booby traps all around
make it hard for them, minimum

Just a quick thought Phil - If this guy seemed like a serious and trustworthy chap - approach him about joining forces??
I don't need him for anything and it appears he has a rugged lazy style of growing. He's grow cage was so run down and overgrown with weeds and grass it originally made me think the grow cage had been abandoned for quite a while. When he prepped his spots he just surface sprinkled blood & bone plus sheep pellets over the top, didn't even bother scatching the fertilizer into the soil.

By contrast I like to put 100% effort into my grows.

Tie all the stems to the stalk & wrap in razor wire. fenced off and booby traps all around
make it hard for them, minimum
I was considering booby traps but we get in big trouble in my country if we booby trap plants.

Also just yesterday a old guy in his 70's almost wandered into one of my grow areas looking for his fishing drone that had crash landed in a tree nearby. By sheer luck I happened to be checking my plants that day and had already located the downed drone, I pointed the guy in the right direction (away from my plants where he was heading). If I had booby trapped those plants that old guy would have walked straight into the booby traps if I wasn't there and got injured then called the Police who would have put a live feed trial camera on my plants to catch me. It's jail time for anyone caught booby trapping plants in my country.

I would go with a note:
Dear Fellow Cultivator,
Let's be friends. Leave me a branch of yours when it is done and pick one of mine of similar size and shape. It will be fun comparing. I hope your grow is going well. Peace.

You.
Some growers will react positively to such a note while other growers will see it as a sign of weakness. I don't know this grower and leaving a friendly note could backfire.

My grow area is on one side of the stream and he has stayed on his side of the stream up until his one visit recently. I'm going to assume he was just curious and wanted to look at my plants.

You could leave a note warning him that you think a ripper has been scouting your grow, telling him to be on his guard, and asking him to tell you if he sees anything.
Or telling him about the old man and the fishing drone. Never know when one of those things has a camera on it, legal or not.

Chill Dude, if it gets fucked, so be it
Worry won't help it mate

most value post in this thread so far

i found other guys grows and never screwed with them. i watered a couple once. i'm pretty sure the guy did the same with mine. no one ripped anyone. it wasn't like either of us had a cash crop. his was probably better actually. it was closer to the water source and larger.

I see that you have no recourse... it has already backfired when he spotted your grow... you are now in damage mitigation mode. He is probably as worried about you as you are of him... making peace is the only way out of this.
He's known for a while I've been growing in the area because we use the same entry point into the bush and he'll be able to see my tracks. If I didn't know about his trial cam I too would have gone for a look at his plants out of curiosity, that's why I assume that is the reason why he went looking for my plants. He didn't stumble across my plants, his tracks through the grass indicate he actively went looking for the plants.

My plants aren't in the best area and there is a high risk of rippers anyway so I'll put a camera on the plants a few weeks into bloom plus a sign that reads "Trail Camera Operating". Hopefully that works.

He's know for a while I've been growing in the area because we use the same entry point into the bush and he'll be able to see my tracks. If I didn't know about his trial cam I too would have gone for a look at his plants out of curiosity, that's why I assume he was doing the same.

My plants aren't in the best area and there is a high risk of rippers anyway so I'll put a camera on my plants a few weeks into bloom plus a sign that reads "Trail Camera Operating". Hopefully that works.
I mean, it would definitely spark my curiosity to investigate further. Putting the cam up, sure .. the sign? Thats just attracting attention. Its not like you will go to the police with the footage, and anybody loose with common decency, will bank on that and just check. If they get bothered, they play stupid, if they strike gold, you are shit out of luck and you and them already know it .. so best not advertise it beyond an already obvious trail.

You could leave a note warning him that you think a ripper has been scouting your grow, telling him to be on his guard, and asking him to tell you if he sees anything.
Or telling him about the old man and the fishing drone. Never know when one of those things has a camera on it, legal or not.
I plan on using a camera and having a sign by my plants that reads: "Trial Camera Operating"

I have 4 plants that are part of an outdoor gorilla grow I've got going on in the bush but unfortunately someone has found the plants. Nobody has any reason to be wandering around in that part of the bush, not hunters, not hikers, not anyone.

There is somebody else growing not far from this location and we are both aware of each others presence and he is my main suspect although I can't be sure it is this individual making the tracks through the grass. But I just can't figure out who else it could be, it's still 4 weeks till flowering so it can't be a ripper.....at least not yet. Harvest time is still 12-13 weeks away.

Anyone got any ideas about how I could help protect my plants?
Can you transplant and move them?

Back
Top Bottom