Sorenna's - 2015 - Strawberry Blue Reveg in Soil under Mars LED

Thanks BAR. I can very easily see new growth. Just in the past 3 days I can see a big difference in the amount of leaves coming in on the higher most nodes (One of the ones in the upper left side of the pic) lots of growth there. I didnt even notice until I compared the pics.

She sure looks like she wants to make it Sorenna.

I agree with not watering her for a while. Lift that pot and don't water until it feels really light but I wouldn't go until she droops. Might be the straw that breaks that camel's back.:)

She's pretty vulnerable for a while yet.

L8rz

Hello OldMedUser.

Alright. I wait a minute before I water her again. I have to say Im really leery about letting her get that dry. I still dont know why she split her trunk 3 weeks before harvest, but she did. Im guessing she got too dry because I forgot to water her after I chopped Thelma.

Also, she has never drooped before. She doesnt do it when she is sleeping and she didnt do it when she split her trunk, she didnt even droop when she actually fell over at 1 week old, but I do know how the pot feels when its dry. I made sure I didnt put too much perlite in her soil this time so it doesnt hold moisture like it did before.

Despite my worry for her longevity, it is amazing to me how much new growth Im seeing. Its really starting to take off in at least 3 different places.

I made sure I didnt put too much perlite in her soil this time so it doesnt hold moisture like it did before.

Perlite doesn't absorb moisture so the more perlite the better the drainage. Vermiculite, expanded mica, does hold more moisture tho and is useful for folks that have remote grows and can't water as often.

I've used ProMix for years with hydro nutes tho organic nutes work good in it too. With the old stuff like the BX I'd add about 20 - 25% coarse perlite to it so it was light and airy. Couple years ago I found some ProMix HP, (High Porosity), and it has more than enough perlite in it so use it straight out of the bag. It would be a great product to use as a base for organic grow mixes as well. Even has Mycorrhizae in it and seems to help growth nicely even with hydro nutes. Wife keeps stealing it for her tomatoes and peppers. :)

Once Louise gets a few more leaves on her so she can start making more food for herself she should take off fast. I think you'll be surprised how fast she'll turn into a bush once she gets going.

L8rz

Let her dry out completely this time. Try to let her get droopy. I personally find that really challenging, I feel like a negligent mother every time and it wounds me a little, but it's necessary from time to time I suppose. * sigh *

She's popping leaves, so she's gonna do it for you Sorenna. This is so exciting, and I find it humorous that you and Louise are still banging heads ! Hahaha! She really knows your buttons, doesn't she? Just like a real child. LOL!

I'm surprised after all the head butting of the first grow that she would of been done with her and moved onto other strains.

Plainly Louise has alot to teach me. I wouldnt really be much of a grower, an inexperienced one, if I wasnt willing to learn. Ive been done with her multiple times, gave her up for dead twice, but each time she surprises me. I figure if I can grow this one, that seems to hate me, then I can grow anything. I want to be able to grow anything, even the touchy ones.

I guess things about her and what I see as it manifests itself in her growth, based solely on what Ive read, and sometimes just my own intuition, and it gets me into trouble which in turn gets my plants in trouble. If she is willing to overlook my shortcomings then I am willing to overlook hers.

I can only come out ahead, even if she dies, because knowledge is power and some of us have to get that knowledge first hand, by experience. There is so much information out there and goodly portion of it is contradictory. Not only will I let her go as far as she will go, but I will grow this strain again.

I know that most of her problems have been of my making. Its not a bad strain, but its probably not a good strain to start out with, but thats water under bridge and doesnt matter now. Hindsight is 20/20, or so they say.

Thelma is now a happy (and easy) memory, but Louise is my best teacher. Ill take that knowledge, thank you.

This is the reason I am not done with her.

Poor. Thelmas buds never got very big, but there were quite a few of them. I dont have scales or any other method to weigh it, but I got about 3/4 of regular sized mason full.

Louise's was even worse. Her buds were bigger but they were all air. I harvested her 3 weeks early because she split her trunk and every leaf on her died and fell off. I decided to harvest before I lost it all, then she revegged voluntarily over the period of one week, in the dark. Pretty amazing, I thought. So how could I not let her reveg? And here we are. hehe

that's cool I think I got around 3.4 oz. from both plants from my first grow I am on my second grow now I will be going in to flower soon maybe a few more weeks and I will be starting some autos soon still waiting from them to come in the mail also are you planning on growing anything else besides the reveg

Not for now. This will keep my tent occupied until I get the stuff I need for Doc's High Brix and get it cooked up. I hope it will anyway. lol

UPDATE - Day 15 - Louise, Strawberry Blue

Hello there. Im finding it difficult to make daily updates when I cant take pictures as much as I wish, since I broke my camera. I can tell you that she is looking MUCH better now. She is getting a lot more leaves and she is getting them quickly. The new growth is beautiful. Far more worthy of her than Ive seen in a while. Discounting the brown leaves at the bottom, she is looking pretty good to me.

I mentioned earlier in a post that her leaves felt weird, thick and crisp. Now her leaves are soft and supple, exactly like youd expect from a healthy leaf. Her color is nice, too. Far less yellow so far this go around then they were last time.

Ill do my best to get a picture tomorrow. She is worth seeing. Proud of her, I am. :)

Til then. :blushsmile:

We'll wait and try not to wiggle too impatiently. :laughtwo: I'm so glad you two have finally found a happy place together.

I'm glad I was still up to see this. Now I think I need to haul my butt to bed. :love:

Goodnight, SweetSue. Sweet dreams.

No, I havent. I was thinking, until just now, that all I had to put in there was another THC Bomb Auto, but now that I think of it, thats not true. I have 2 unsexed Afghani seeds. I could plant those. Now I have something to think about it.

As promised, some new pictures of Louise.

For comparisons sake, Im posting one from 7 days ago first, then 2 from today. Its quite a difference.

Louise8011.jpg

Here she is today:
louise08082.jpg

louise08081.jpg

Hows that for a pretty girl refinding her way? :)

:bravo::high-five::slide:

Well done Louise. :love:

Back
Top Bottom