Spazz1 Soilless CFL White Rhino Journal-2013

Day 97 (10/16/13) First off a happy belated Thanks Giving Day to us Canucks, my time has been spread really thin lately but I have some good news. Firstly the mom is still having a deficiency but we're well into the 6th week now & was wondering if it wise to change her nute regiment back to prior her flower nute as it contains a much higher Nitrogen content but as they say the flowering time is 8-10 weeks does it make sence??? However the buds don't look to be suffering any ill effects but you can be the judge.
IMG_20131014_190322.jpg

I don't know if you can make it out in this photo but quite a few fan leaves are pure yellow & some are just starting to turn.
IMG_20131015_183847.jpg

This is the main bud, I did take a few pics with the tape measure showing she is 2" wide at her narrowest 3.5-4 at her thickest & she is about 11" long but I thought that rather noobish of me to post those, but it makes me happy to see them..
IMG_20131015_184115.jpg

IMG_20131015_184126.jpg

A couple of side branches
IMG_20131015_184156.jpg

another side shot
IMG_20131015_184232.jpg

IMG_20131015_184247.jpg

A couple of other bud shots
Well now the good news, I decided that this grow was a ton-o-fun & I mean no disrespect to anyone on here but Light Addict has raised my personal bar. I've read & seen a ton of video's of guy's growing 1lb + plants in hydro & soiless but somehow his grow has inspired me to shoot for his mark. I still don't fully understand your method Light Addict but in time I will. I have gone and purchaced some new seeds ( Girl Scout Cookies (feminized)from BCBD, anyone grown these before? Tips & or advice?) but I have germinated all my remaining White Rhino seeds & will be picking the best plants to grow out (non-feminized). I had 10 seeds, minus the 2 I started this with, 3 of the remaining seeds so far have proved to be duds but 5 have sprouted, I did germinate 1 GSC as well & it's genes look to be far superior so far. I also have a ton of peppers going right now as well. The clones I took off this mom are doing well, one is definitely weaker as to why I don't know. But the stronger one I'm going to keep as a MOM for the time being, the weaker one will go into the flower chamber this weekend, I don't expect much. ANYWAY this will not be my last journal here & I don't have the following any of you guy's do but I really do appreciate the time you guy's take to follow me :thumb:
IMG_20131015_181332.jpg

I'll try to update this in a few days

Sorry about the delay, I had a whole thing typed out a couple of days ago but my power went out before I could post. Anyway KJC she is in a 2 gal container, which I realize may be too small so I went & bought a 5 gal for the next one. But I was wondering to myself the other day what if I had continued using Grow Big with it's higher N level into flowering & bingo I check Fox Farms web site & it said just that, for the first 2 weeks of flower continue with Grow Big before switching to the Tiger Bloom, which I guess if you do the math seems right given the possible 8 week flower time & I started having a deficiency problem in my 6th week...lesson learned. But now comes the next round of questions, the buds are sitting at roughly 30% amber hairs in the 7th week however 85% of the leaves have turned yellow, will she continue to put power into the buds with most fan leaves dead or dying? is there any ill effects on buds with the low N, thought I read somewhere the flowers need little to no N???? would a shot of Grow Big help push her? What's the target percentage of amber hairs before I turn the taps on and flush her out? I'm guessing that I could cut her tomorrow technically but I read (however forgot most of it) in regards to the difference in the high you get with the percentage of amber to white hairs.
Thanks guy's

I would flush now and harvest ASAP my friend, she sounds ready.
I wouldn't judge ripeness by the hairs cause all strains are different, instead go by the tricombs, and you said 30% are amber, its time to harvest IMO, after a flush.

when we look at cannabis plants it is not the white/orange pistils that are the greatest indication of maturity but trichomes themselves. you need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

https://www.google.com search 30x jewelers loupe

Well admins you can close this one. Sorry about the delay but work had me by the short and curlies, I chopped her down about a week after my last post as I didn't want her to up and die altogether. I spent a week & a bit drying her out & now closing in on 2 weeks curing her. On weigh in after drying I scored 2 1/2 oz which I recon isn't half bad for my first grow, however the buds are rather light & airy. She has a chlorophyll type smell but she didn't really have much of a hydro smell to begin with. I tasted her after a week of curing & for me being a lightweight it was lights out, knocked on my ass after half a bowl. I really appreciate all you guy's for spending time advising me & I have the one clone under the flowering lights already as well as growing out a few more trying to improve on this grow. Once work dies down for me in the next month or so I will post up a new journal but till them take care. La I just read the 40 some odd pages I've missed in your grow, dude you are a pot star. KJC I need to read up on all your grows man you are a wealth of green knowledge & Stealth I've looked for your grows & have either missed them or have they been moved to the done pile? Anyway gents we will chat at you later

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom