Stealth Tire Grow

BWC: Forgive me I mis-spoke, it's a 14,000 btu. Off hand not sure what Brand, but I purchased it from "Lowes" on sale for $299, so it's one of there brands they sale. It's a window unit. Shop is a 24' x 32' with no insulation in the roof or walls, has a ridge vent, and eve vents to let air leak out, and on the 98 degree days we have here, it still cools to 78/80 degrees. I have it set-up on a timer as well, comes on at 8:00am off at 8:00pm, temp setting is 72 on the A/C unit!

Hot Days STG chamber gets up to 32 degrees, but no higher than that, and I only have the 110cfm 12V exhaust fan on the chamber

STG

Damn sounds better than mine. I got an everstar in a 9'x5'6''. Says its supposed to cool up to 810 sq. Either it due to my lack of prescribed maintenance due to inaccessibility or this just is a crapy ac. Urs sounds right, but I'd be concerned about smell escaping thru the ac. I know this sounds a bit much because ur grow is small and stealth, but keep this in mind in case u do grow big. I read in the MMJ bible that drug sniffing dogs can smell the cannabis scent (I'm assuming from a flowering room) in the condensed water that drips from the back of a typical swamp cooler/window AC.
Is this a typo?
Hot Days STG chamber gets up to 32 degrees, but no higher than that, and I only have the 110cfm 12V exhaust fan on the chamber

BWC: Sounds like you may have a Metal Building or is it Wood?? Also the shop is heavily shaded area wit LARGE Oak trees!

I feel ya there, but I have been using "Ucalyptus" oil/Water mix on the Intake Filter from the start, and only time will tell if that is enough. When heavy Flower Starts, I plan to use "cover Ucalyptus scent" on a Carbon Filter placed over the Exhaust fan. Here again this is all lean as I go!

No that's not a typo! It get's 32 or 90 degrees in the Chamber on HOT hot days, but stays pretty much at 28 most of the time!

STG

Oh 32 degrees centigrade. I'm used to Fahrenheit. and i like how u think>
I have been using "Ucalyptus" oil/Water mix on the Intake Filter from the start, and only time will tell if that is enough.
. I was wondering how u were gonna keep smell down in the shop. Let us know how it works 4 u.

BWC: Hahahaha! Yeah centigrade!

I've also contenplated taking one of the Girls (As an experiment) when Flower starts and add some of the Ucalyptus oil concentrate to the Water/Nute mix. I am Asmatic and like the smooth hit from the bong with water/Uca mixed in it! Just wondering if the Ucalyptus oil could be transfered to the buds via the water? A New hybrid maybe???????................. the "Ucabud" :) It would be neat as hell if it took on the Uca Smell while Growing, as to cover it's own SCENT! :) That should really F#$% with the Dogs! :)

Wondering if this is how Blueberry, orange and other flavors are made?

Anyone want to Chime in on this?

It's really good thing to have on hand, all natural, covers lots of oders and smells clean! Keep a Bottle in the Truck too, never know when it may come in handy! :) Find it at health Food stores!

STG

BWC: Hahahaha! Yeah centigrade!

I've also contenplated taking one of the Girls (As an experiment) when Flower starts and add some of the Ucalyptus oil concentrate to the Water/Nute mix. I am Asmatic and like the smooth hit from the bong with water/Uca mixed in it! Just wondering if the Ucalyptus oil could be transfered to the buds via the water? A New hybrid maybe???????................. the "Ucabud" :) It would be neat as hell if it took on the Uca Smell while Growing, as to cover it's own SCENT! :) That should really F#$% with the Dogs! :)
I thought u meant u put the oil over the filter some kinda way and by the time it exhausted it had that menthol scent. Dunno bout watering them with that oil. I'm sure the PH is jacked when u throw that in the mix. What was the PH when watered (if u have already started)?
Wondering if this is how Blueberry, orange and other flavors are made?
Check this out>How Do They Get Strains To Taste Different?

I do, I put it on the intake filter now!

I have not watered any of the girls with it, and not sure I will, but I like you think the PH would be an issue for sure! I need to test the spray bottle I have made up to see what it is! I do not have a Good PH tester for Water, just the sight test with Colored strip of Paper, that changes color when subjected to water! All my water is slightly on the Acidic side! After checking it, it is acidic for sure!

STG

BWC: Yeah the whole shop smells like Ucalyptus when you walk in, but there's no Buds yet either! :)

I have an Electronic PH/Fertility soil tester $20 bucks at lowe's, I take the Soil and Make a slury, drain, then test it, it's 6.8ph. I also direct check each plant every time I water, as the pots are good and wet so the tester works better or is more Accurate!

Kevin

Hey sugar: Thanks for the reps!

Honestly I am learning as I go, did the Noobie Nute burn as well, but they recovered! I did loose one girl so far, due to transplant, so from now on a small plant goes directly into the 2.25gal pots or I may try Hydro DWC next time around so I can have as much Vertical height as possible.

I love you CFL shades that cool Beans right there! :)

STG

Group_Shot_9-27-09_2234.JPG

Been a while since I updated: Day 19 of Flowering

I am down to 3 plants, my largest juvinile did not like the Transplant along with 1 other of the Juviniles. Tried everything I could think of to save them, even the last resort of removing them to new soil and into the Yard for Natural light, rest in peace girls!

Onward and upward! As they say. the Old Girl (Lower Left in Photo) has a mind of her own, putting off new Bud Sites evey day. She has been transplant more times than I can remember and is still Kickin.

Juvinile #1 (Plant in top of Picture) has bud sites forming all over it as well, but not many being formed at the center of the plant like old Girl is doing.

Juvinile #2 (Plant in lower Right) has a Massive Cola forming with no less than 8 smaller buds sites forming 1 large Bud site.

All these Plants are only 6" tall from Soil to Top of Bud! The LSTing is working very well with Paper Clips and Washers for Weight. The Stalk is Horizontal not vertical from the soil up!

I have some "Splash" Nute burn on the bigger FAN Leaves from watering, but all in all everything seems to be going well!

Bud Close up to Follow!

STG

Back
Top Bottom