Steppenwolf's High Brix Grow

And yes distilled is fairly comparable, not ro but better than tap.for sure.

Hey bro!

Distilled water is usually done via steam distillation. The PPM of distilled water is ZERO. RO is made via ion exchange through a semi-permeable membrane. PPM of RO is usually between 3 and 20.

Either or both of these will work perfectly for foliar sprays. The tap water will probably work as well, as his Total Alkalinity is about 60 if I recall. It just buffers the foliar sprays too much, and they need to be very acidic.

They're designed to be used with RO or Distilled.

If you can't afford or don't want to buy a RO unit then look for a salt water aquarium store and see if they sell it, I found one that charges .29 a gal which is cheaper then a gal of distilled at a store.

Subbed up.

I like mh for a mixed spectrum but I'd do a cool.deluxe in the 600 and rock Hps in he 1kw. That said I'd just as soon see a 4th 600 than a 1k.

And yes distilled is fairly comparable, not ro but better than tap.for sure.

Good to see you here Canna! From the sound of things I might just go with another 600 and I may try some cool delux bulbs in a ballast as I need to replace a bulb soon. Thanks man, and I am excited to see you give this style of growing a go.

Hey bro!

Distilled water is usually done via steam distillation. The PPM of distilled water is ZERO. RO is made via ion exchange through a semi-permeable membrane. PPM of RO is usually between 3 and 20.

Either or both of these will work perfectly for foliar sprays. The tap water will probably work as well, as his Total Alkalinity is about 60 if I recall. It just buffers the foliar sprays too much, and they need to be very acidic.

They're designed to be used with RO or Distilled.
I'm on it Doc! I will look for RO water for the sprays but I will probably have to just use distilled. That may unlock the potential of the sprays more. And thank you for the advice on the lights. I will probably buy a 1000 lumatec switchable and run a 600 bulb in it. I hate buying things twice.

I'm on it Doc! I will look for RO water for the sprays but I will probably have to just use distilled. That may unlock the potential of the sprays more. And thank you for the advice on the lights. I will probably buy a 1000 lumatec switchable and run a 600 bulb in it. I hate buying things twice.

Please run a 1000 in your 1K ballast, and just turn it down! BTW, I'm pretty sure Lumatek has these settings:

"eleven"
1000 watts
750 watts
400 watts.

I have 2 or 3 of these and I'm pretty sure that's where they're at.

I think its 11 1000 750 500. And galaxy is the 400? I'm not sure honestly but yeah always run a proper wattage bulb in ANY ballast. The capacitor will abuse a 600 in a 1k on startup even at 50% they have soft starts in the digi but it wont help much, not to mention the fire risk or what could happen should u bump ur lumen switch while cleaning or the like

I think its 11 1000 750 500. And galaxy is the 400? I'm not sure honestly but yeah always run a proper wattage bulb in ANY ballast. The capacitor will abuse a 600 in a 1k on startup even at 50% they have soft starts in the digi but it wont help much, not to mention the fire risk or what could happen should u bump ur lumen switch while cleaning or the like

My "other" ballast is a Galaxy. Mayhaps that's where I'm getting the "400." I always keep mine on 1000, except when we had a week of over 100 degree temps last year, when I turned them down to 750 for the sake of heat reduction. My AC was creating massive ebills. Shockingly high.

So is mine lol so I may be doing the same lol. Yeah they just happen to be dimmable (600s tho) I never use the knob

Thanks guys! I can't remember who told me it was ok to run a 600 watt bulb in a 1000. I think it was a guy from the hydro shop. I will just get a 1000 and call it a day. I have been wanting to compare the difference between the 600s. That's good info guys. Thanks.

Me too.

Maybe u just have it backwards? I've run a mh in an Hps and a 1000 bulb on a 600 ballast but I wouldn't recommend it lol

Me too.

Maybe u just have it backwards? I've run a mh in an Hps and a 1000 bulb on a 600 ballast but I wouldn't recommend it lol

That's awesome. :goodjob:

So tonight I mixed up my second bale of soil for my second kit to start cooking. It got the soil conditioner and 20 lbs of castings.
I also transplanted a couple clones into the high brix soil I am going to roll the dice on. They are a strain I made myself. It was my first cross, Chernobyl male and Flo female. I dont know what she will do. I have a good sized seeded mother plant in flower now and I took a couple clones before I threw her in. So I got 2 clones that I have been spraying stress on daily and man they rooted fast and look super healthy! They had great big white roots coming out of the plugs, so I transplanted them. They got root zone and a pint of transplant water apiece. I also planted a popped seed, a freebee from the Tude. It is called Great White Shark. I dont know anythng about it, so we shall see. I hit the biggest plants with Brix tonight (remixed with Distilled water).

I am going to cut clones from the Tangerine Dreams and Critical Kush for the second round of high brix fun in a couple days.

Things are moving along pretty quick now... Pics in a couple days.

You guys are great lol. I actually laughed at all the names. Pretty damn funny. I like em all, so I have a tough choice. I think I will wait to see if is a worthwhile strain first. I'll post a pic of the mom tonight. Really big leaves on her.

Thanks for the laughs curso, Doc, and canna.

Cho just sounds ridiculous, and I like that. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom