Steppenwolf's High Brix Grow

It is really stable in my room as long as its not over about 80 degrees. AC will let the fans run less and keep things happy.

Adding another variable (AC) will take a few days to get used to, as I need to monitor humidity. I unplugged the dehum, to power the AC. I am thinking everything will be better in the long run.

Doc, I was looking at Sensi Seeds Northern Lights #5 X Haze. Its supposed to be a classic and looks like a heavy yielder. Any thoughts? I might give her a go in the HB soil, unless you feel differently.

That's why it's so nice if you can get a controller that monitors everything. I've got a CHH4 from Sentinel. Excellent!

Those genetics sound very good. pretty much anything will grow well in high brix soil, but there is no question that landrace strains get more of a boost.

That's why it's so nice if you can get a controller that monitors everything. I've got a CHH4 from Sentinel. Excellent!

Those genetics sound very good. pretty much anything will grow well in high brix soil, but there is no question that landrace strains get more of a boost.

Thanks Doc! I was just asking what controller you used, but I decided to post on your journal. I appreciate it Doc.

I might get some seeds on order.

Here are the pics of the AC, I am happy with how it came out. Humidity seems good at 50%. I unplugged the dehum for the time the AC is running. We shall see how good it works. I set the AC at 75 degrees and I think it will work OK.

DSCF1257.JPG

DSCF12561.JPG

I washed some buds (Flo) using Curso's bud was technique. He used hot and cold water to make the purple color come out. It worked great, I think. My pics are getting slightly better. lol. This is non high brix weed
DSCF12471.JPG

DSCF12462.JPG

DSCF12451.JPG

DSCF12382.JPG

The photo shoot was in my bathroom, I call it my official drying area.
Here was some Chernobyl I washed with Doc's washing technique. Non high Brix weed.
DSCF12402.JPG

The clones I took a couple days ago, I put the CFL's directly above the clone dome. I have never done this. I am trying to get the clones to start growing, like Doc has seen. The clones are super healthy and look great. I am spraying them with Stress daily.
DSCF12363.JPG

DSCF12333.JPG

The pots are getting dry real fast. I think the roots are going crazy. I will need to water again in a day to two. They are pretty light now.
DSCF1252.JPG

DSCF1253.JPG

DSCF1251.JPG

Smaller ones look great as well in 5 gal pots

DSCF12551.JPG

The Cho Cloes got watered for the first time today, since transplant. They are going crazy. Clones grow fast in this soil. They are getting Stress Daily.
DSCF1254.JPG

I grew HazexNL5 years (and years) ago.....still one of my favorites. How long have your seeds been growing for total now? I need some sort of timeline, also how long till the flip do you estimate?

I grew HazexNL5 years (and years) ago.....still one of my favorites. How long have your seeds been growing for total now? I need some sort of timeline, also how long till the flip do you estimate?

OG13 Thanks for stopping by! The four largest plants in 5 gal bags are roughly 5 to 5.5 weeks old. They have only been watered once since transplant. I have a smaller Critical Kush and smaller Laughin Buddah that just got transplanted to 5 gal bags. Those 2 smaller ones are about 4 to 4.5 weeks old.

I made a couple mistakes early in this grow (not following directions) and the seedlings are a little smaller than they probably should be. At this point, everything is so healthy and I am raising the lights frequently. They are getting big fast.

I plan to flower in about a week or two. I wanted to give them a good chance to spread out in the 5 gal bags before flower. I am going to water them once more, let em dry out, then feed them and throw them into flower.

I am glad to hear about your luck with that NL5 X Haze. It jumped out at me and I will buy those seeds next.

Looking great bro!

Hold off on the daily Stress once they have roots and are in dirt! Everything looks excellent!

Will do Doc, I got a little carried away I guess. I am switching the clones to Stress twice a week and Brix once a week.

OG13 Thanks for stopping by! The four largest plants in 5 gal bags are roughly 5 to 5.5 weeks old. They have only been watered once since transplant. I have a smaller Critical Kush and smaller Laughin Buddah that just got transplanted to 5 gal bags. Those 2 smaller ones are about 4 to 4.5 weeks old.

I made a couple mistakes early in this grow (not following directions) and the seedlings are a little smaller than they probably should be. At this point, everything is so healthy and I am raising the lights frequently. They are getting big fast.

I plan to flower in about a week or two. I wanted to give them a good chance to spread out in the 5 gal bags before flower. I am going to water them once more, let em dry out, then feed them and throw them into flower.

I am glad to hear about your luck with that NL5 X Haze. It jumped out at me and I will buy those seeds next.

Will do Doc, I got a little carried away I guess. I am switching the clones to Stress twice a week and Brix once a week.

Please don't spray clones with brix! They won't like it, and neither will you. Do not do it.

(doesn't say to do that in the directions either.)

I got a question Doc. I was going to start spraying the Cho clones with brix once a week and stress twice a week. They seem to be about 5 sets of leaves at this point. Did you want me to wait until they are bigger?

I was only spraying the fresh cuttings with stress daily until they root and get transplanted.

I wanted to clarify your above statement to make sure I am doing this right

I got a question Doc. I was going to start spraying the Cho clones with brix once a week and stress twice a week. They seem to be about 5 sets of leaves at this point. Did you want me to wait until they are bigger?

I was only spraying the fresh cuttings with stress daily until they root and get transplanted.

I wanted to clarify your above statement to make sure I am doing this right

You can spray vegging plants....in fact that's what foliar feeding is all about!

When you said clones, I was picturing little plants in a plug, under the dome. If they have roots and are growing, spray away!

You can spray vegging plants....in fact that's what foliar feeding is all about!

When you said clones, I was picturing little plants in a plug, under the dome. If they have roots and are growing, spray away!

Good! Thanks for the quick reply. I'd never think to spray freshly cut rooting clones with brix. You never know with me though.

I am going to work on labels so I am be clearer and it's easier to understand what I'm doing. It's going to get nothing but more confusing with more plants.

I had a little bit of bad news today. I checked on the large Cho mother plant that was in flower today. Not only was she herming, but she was kicking out large male flowers. I cut her down and it looks like I saved the rest of the plants in flower from being seeded. That may be the last time I try and creating my own strain. I am culling the 2 cho clones in high brix soil. I am soaking some seeds tonight to get back on track. what's growing without a little excitement?

Good! Thanks for the quick reply. I'd never think to spray freshly cut rooting clones with brix. You never know with me though.

I am going to work on labels so I am be clearer and it's easier to understand what I'm doing. It's going to get nothing but more confusing with more plants.

I had a little bit of bad news today. I checked on the large Cho mother plant that was in flower today. Not only was she herming, but she was kicking out large male flowers. I cut her down and it looks like I saved the rest of the plants in flower from being seeded. That may be the last time I try and creating my own strain. I am culling the 2 cho clones in high brix soil. I am soaking some seeds tonight to get back on track. what's growing without a little excitement?

Once you start slinging pollen around the grow room, or habitually run feminized seeds, hermies are routine.

I culled a 5 foot tall Thai plant today.....little male flowers forming. Perfectly normal for this strain.

That's crazy Doc. I thought I was the only one dealing with fun stuff like this. Can you explain more why it would be normal for the Thai to throw male flowers? I am learning still. I was under the impression that plants hermi from stress. Also that inferior genetics will be more prone to hermi. Does the Thai fall into those categories? Or is it something else?

Update time. I watered the four largest plants with 1.5 gal apiece of straight water. A couple were a little droopy, but they bounced back real quick. I hit everything with Stress tonight. I am looking to flower the four largest plants in about a week, after they get the next feeding.

The next 2 smallest plants LB and CK are catching up fast. All plants have shown female pre hairs except the smallest laughing buddah. I am really happy with the seeds so far 5/6 females and probably one more.

The fresh cuttings are showing roots already. I had one show roots after 5 days! That is a new record for me. I attribute it to taking cuttings off healthy high brix plants. I cant wait to get these into soil and have them take off.
Largest Laughing buddah showing its a female.
DSCF12762.JPG

DSCF12751.JPG

Tangerine Dream
DSCF12742.JPG

DSCF12731.JPG

Critical Kush looks real healthy
DSCF12711.JPG

CK
DSCF12722.JPG

CK
DSCF12703.JPG

DSCF12691.JPG

Largest laughing buddah
DSCF1267.JPG

LB
DSCF12681.JPG

Great White Shark freebie
DSCF1266.JPG

Smaller CK and LB
DSCF12632.JPG

DSCF12641.JPG

Roots popping on clones in 5 days
DSCF1258.JPG

Same clone 6 days
DSCF1260.JPG

DSCF12611.JPG

Clone area: added a couple lights above dome. (impossible before high brix clones due to wilt)
DSCF12622.JPG

Today is the day. I put the 6 largest high brix plants into the flower room. They are officially growing like crazy. The four largest ones are almost dry from the last watering of 1.5 gals. Thats only 3 days ago they got watered. They must have a large root system for sure.

I decided to flower the 2 smaller of the 6 (1 laughing buddah and 1 Critical Kush). They were growing fast and were catching up to the others. And they fit well under a light with a couple other plants. The last laughing buddah has showed sex today and is a female. Thank you Tude for 6/6 females on my first order of feminised seeds.

I hit the six largest plants with Brix spray today. No spray for the clones. Feeding will probably be tomorrow. You guys get the crappy HPS pics for now. Once they start flowering I will pull them out and do a "Cannasensi photo shoot". You guys will be proud.

The clones all rooted fast. Real fast for me. The last clone, laughing buddah, rooted in 8 days. All are under the T5's and are happy. These will be my second crop for Kit number 2.
DSCF1277.JPG
DSCF1278.JPG

DSCF12791.JPG

DSCF12802.JPG

DSCF12811.JPG

DSCF1282.JPG

Left 600 HPS has the four largest high brix plants. 2 Tangerine Dreams, 1 Critical Kush, 1 Laughing Buddah
DSCF12861.JPG

Tangerine
DSCF12902.JPG

Tangerine
DSCF12891.JPG

Critical Kush
DSCF12881.JPG

Laughing buddah
DSCF12871.JPG

Right 600 has 1 smaller laughing buddah and 1 Critical Kush. This light also has a reveg chernobyl in minerilized soil and OC+ which is getting cut in the next week. Also under this light is a Flo hempy with OC+ which has about another month. I will be happy when all my plants are high brix!
DSCF12831.JPG

Reveg chernobyl
DSCF1284.JPG

Flo hempy
DSCF12851.JPG

Update time. Everything is super healthy as always. The 6 plants in flower are still stretching a bunch. They should have flowers forming in a few days on most plants. I watered the large Critical Kush, large Tangerine, and fed the small Tangerine yesterday.

Today, I watered the large laughing Buddah and fed the small laughing buddah and small Critical Kush. The large plants got Brix today. The clones look awesome and are growing like crazy already. They got their first watering today and sprayed with Stress.

I bought some seeds and they came today: Liberty Haze and Tikal. I am fired up for both, but the Tikal looks interesting.

From the breeder:

Tikal is a new sativa hybrid with Central American genetics, originating from the jungles of Guatemala. Tikal is said to be easy to cultivate and doesn't require any special marijuana farming skills. Her cannabis seeds are suitable for indoor and outdoor growing, they perform well in soil, pots and hydroponics setups. Strong Central American genes make Tikal seeds cope very well with mild stress situations. An incredible trichomes production, a flower density and a devastating power, which knocks down the hardest and most nervous smokers, turns this marijuana strain into a cannabinoids bomb full of sweet flowers of strawberry aroma. Tikal marijuana variety has a strong sativa structure, her tall thin plants with well developed branches shoot straight up like candles. Leaf to bud ratio is pretty good, though some pruning might be required. Her flowering period is within the minimum lever set for sativas; it takes this cannabis just 10 weeks to start producing medium sized nodes full of generous trichomes; THC content is said to be as high as 18-20%.

Liberty Haze: High Times Cannabis Cup Winner 2011 ! Liberty haze is a cross of G13 male with a fast flowering Chem Dawg 91. Liberty Haze has both Indica and sativa characteristics with one perfect talent.- a fast flowering time. (8 to 9 weeks). A medium tall plant with substantial girth and big fat calyxes, she performs excellently in both indoor and outdoor environments. Long dense cola’s start to really fatten up in the last three weeks with dense trichome production with beautiful contrasting red and purple hairs. The Liberty Haze buzz is immediate and long lasting with an alert and euphoric cerebral effect.

Sounds like a lot of fluff to me, but they might turn out well.

My plans are to veg the newest clones for about 2 months, while the current plants flower. I want them big. I am soaking 2 Tikal seeds right now that are going right under the HPS to flower from seed. We'll see how that goes.

I am ordering my third kit from the good Doc next week. As soon as that gets here and the soil is cooking, the liberty haze are getting soaked and planted. Lots going on right now! If you guys have any questions just ask as it may be a little confusing.

Critical Kush clone
DSCF13101.JPG

DSCF13091.JPG

clones
DSCF13081.JPG

Tangerine Dream
DSCF1307.JPG

TD
DSCF13061.JPG

DSCF13051.JPG

Both Tangerines
DSCF1303.JPG

Both Laughing Buddahs
DSCF12981.JPG

LB
DSCF13021.JPG

LB
DSCF1300.JPG

Critical Kush large
DSCF12941.JPG

DSCF12912.JPG

DSCF12921.JPG

DSCF12971.JPG

I am real happy with the progress so far.

Back
Top Bottom