Steppenwolf's High Brix Grow

Everything looks outstanding. Hold on for pics in a day or two. I spread the recharge on the largest 6 plants yesterday. I watered the small laughing buddah and small critical kush with epsom salt water. Man did they like that! Good call Doc. The small laughing buddah looks like the leaves got shiny overnight. It is pretty amazing.

I watered the large Critical Kush and Large Tangerine tonight with epsom water. I sprayed the clones with brix for the first time. The clones are growing fast. I'd like to transplant those into 5 gals in the next week. I topped the Critical Kush clones to try that.

Both the Tikal seeds came up a couple days ago. They got thrown under the HPS yesterday to start their 12/12 from seed journey.

My third Kit from the Doc came a couple days ago. Soil is not cooking yet but should be soon. I requested some cationic drench, and Doc packed it in the box for me. I am real happy. Wait until you see these plants. Pics soon.

Everything looks outstanding. Hold on for pics in a day or two. I spread the recharge on the largest 6 plants yesterday. I watered the small laughing buddah and small critical kush with epsom salt water. Man did they like that! Good call Doc. The small laughing buddah looks like the leaves got shiny overnight. It is pretty amazing.

I watered the large Critical Kush and Large Tangerine tonight with epsom water. I sprayed the clones with brix for the first time. The clones are growing fast. I'd like to transplant those into 5 gals in the next week. I topped the Critical Kush clones to try that.

Both the Tikal seeds came up a couple days ago. They got thrown under the HPS yesterday to start their 12/12 from seed journey.

My third Kit from the Doc came a couple days ago. Soil is not cooking yet but should be soon. I requested some cationic drench, and Doc packed it in the box for me. I am real happy. Wait until you see these plants. Pics soon.

Looking forward to your update bro!!!

I watered with epsom water the large Laughing Buddah and small Tangerine. I also fed a little energy and tea to the clones. They are getting dry fast now and need repotted in a day or two.

One of the Critical Kush clones started showing 3 shoots per node. I thought this was interesting. Taken from the same plant and the other 2 clones are the usual 2 shoots per node.
DSCF1338.JPG

other clones
DSCF13421.JPG

DSCF1344.JPG

Now on to the good stuff. I pulled everything out to take some pics.
Small Critical Kush
DSCF13612.JPG

Small CK
DSCF13622.JPG

Small Laughing Buddah
DSCF13582.JPG

Small LB
DSCF13591.JPG

Small LB
DSCF13601.JPG

Large Laughing Buddah
DSCF13551.JPG

Large LB
DSCF13561.JPG

Large LB
DSCF13571.JPG

So I mixed up my third bale of Pro Mix HP last night. I got the conditioner in and it is officially cooking. I transplanted the rest of the clones into 5 gal smart pots. That makes 8 total for the second kit. I probably couldve let them get a little more rootbound in the 1/2gal pots but I had time last night to transplant, so in they went. I cant believe how fast the clones are growing.

I notice how stiff the stems on all the plants are. I am going to LST some clones and I was surprised at how hard they stems were to bend. I think Doc had mentioned the increased calcium in the HB soil causes this? I dont think I am going to have to stake the plants in flower, we shall see.

I am soaking 3 Liberty Haze seeds and 3 Tikal seeds overnight. The plan is to get a 4' by 4' tent to increase my veg space. I am going to pick up a can fan 8" for exhaust and have passive intake I think. I have 2 spare 8 bulb VHO fluorescent fixtures. I am going to use one in the tent for veg. I will probably do GLR to save on power as those fixtures pull about 750 watts. Ideally I would like to veg 14 plants for 2 months perpetually. Every 2 months put 14 good sized plants into flower.

Some frost is starting to show on a couple in flower. The Critical Kush is increasing in size exponentially. The plants are so damn healthy, its almost not fair...

Hey Steppenwolf!!! I hope you don't mind me tagging along for the grow, I always love watching the high brix grows and your plants are looking phenomenal!!!

Hey bro, I have found that if you want to lst these plants, it's easiest to do the day after a good root soaking. If you have the touch of a guerrilla like I do, doing it this way keeps you from hearing the dreaded snaps. I tried one without soaking it the day before and I split it down the middle of the main stem...Like I said the touch of a guerrilla...lol

I think you'll love having the extra veg space, 4x4 is nice, I love mine. Just wait until week 6+ when the resin looks like it'll drip off the buds, you are going to be thrilled, like a kid that got a dirt bike for his birthday.

Nice work bro! You really have me interested in this high brix! Reall busy lately but ill hit you with some questions this weekend.

Good to see you drop by Maine. Any questions you have, I am sure either DocBud or myself can answer. Doc is the man who put together the kit and he's real responsive to answering questions and offering support.

Hey bro, I have found that if you want to lst these plants, it's easiest to do the day after a good root soaking. If you have the touch of a guerrilla like I do, doing it this way keeps you from hearing the dreaded snaps. I tried one without soaking it the day before and I split it down the middle of the main stem...Like I said the touch of a guerrilla...lol

I think you'll love having the extra veg space, 4x4 is nice, I love mine. Just wait until week 6+ when the resin looks like it'll drip off the buds, you are going to be thrilled, like a kid that got a dirt bike for his birthday.

Thanks Curso! I appreciate the help. I am going to try some slow bends on the LST. I think the Tangerines will really respond to that. I topped the Critical Kush. Man they grow like crazy!

I am going to hold off on the cationic drench this round. I am going to add it next round to the clones. I want to see how the kit grows buds with cationic drench and without.

Great White Shark and Tangerine Dream
DSCF13631.JPG

DSCF13641.JPG

Topped Critical Kush clone
DSCF1365.JPG

DSCF13661.JPG

Laughing Buddah clone
DSCF1367.JPG

I watered with epsom water the Large Critical Kush and Large Tangerine last night. I watered with epsom water the Small Critical Kush and Small Laughing Buddah tonight. I sprayed with stress tonight all plants.

Good call Doc on adding Epsom salt to the water for the couple waterings after the recharge. The plants loved it and really responded. They all literally havent been healthier.

I'm really hoping that great white shark is as good as it grows. I have 8 going next round. I found it easy to clone and grows fast with large sugar coated buds. Looking like 9-10 weeks for me to harvest but its a big producer.

As for the high brix, what size container are you using to flower in? I used 6 gallon pots but found with scrog they were too small and didn't allow enough root mass. Constantly struggling with deficiencies. DrFever says to use much larger pots and it makes sense to me as the tops of these plants are much larger than a typical grow. My question is would it also make sense for me to use much larger pots with the high brix?

I'm going to talk to doc bud and seriously consider this high brix. Your plants look so healthy! Great job my friend! Oh and let me know what your yields are. Thanks for sharing!

I'm really hoping that great white shark is as good as it grows. I have 8 going next round. I found it easy to clone and grows fast with large sugar coated buds. Looking like 9-10 weeks for me to harvest but its a big producer.

As for the high brix, what size container are you using to flower in? I used 6 gallon pots but found with scrog they were too small and didn't allow enough root mass. Constantly struggling with deficiencies. DrFever says to use much larger pots and it makes sense to me as the tops of these plants are much larger than a typical grow. My question is would it also make sense for me to use much larger pots with the high brix?

I'm going to talk to doc bud and seriously consider this high brix. Your plants look so healthy! Great job my friend! Oh and let me know what your yields are. Thanks for sharing!

The larger the container, the better. NO doubt about it.

High Brix growing will produce good yields, but it's not supposed to match a well run hydro set up. Your yield will be respectable....even very good. But we're concerned about quality with high brix....and the quality is superior. If done right, like Steppenwolf is doing, the quality is unmatched.

I am hoping that Great White Shark will turn out OK. I will definitely be following your grow too.

I am flowering in 5 gal smart pots. Doc recommended either the 5 gal smart pots or 7 gal plastic pots to finish in. I like the 5 gal smarts because they dry out a little quicker and have always produced healthy plants for me. Im sure 7 gal plastics would be do well also for High Brix.

When I was starting out, like you are, I struggled with deficiencies too. I learned a little bit and started using mineral amendments to soil. Plants were healthier. I stumbled onto Doc's high Brix Kit and the plants are on another level.

I will let you know on the yields, Maine.

Back
Top Bottom