What do you add bleach to your water for? I never heard of this
It's for keeping the solution sterile and stable. Oxidizers like H2O2(hydrogen peroxide) and Bleach(sodium hypochlorite) is commonly used to keep a nutrient solution stable when growing with traditional salt based nutrients. I like bleach since it's safer to use and has longer residual sterilizing effect. H2O2 last 6-12 hours while bleach keep having effect for days. Application rate is lower, more effective and safer to use compared to H2O2. It's also dirt cheap and accessible in any supermarket.

I also add chlorine since it's a tertiary nutrient in Cannabis and in right concentrations the plant make good use of it. You can see it very clearly when adding in DWC. The leaves perk up, phototropism increases slightly but most important of all it helps the plant combat pathogens.

IMG_20240209_175411118_HDR.jpg

4-5 days above ground. A few more days and they'll have their first layer of stem and will be saved from any wilt off. They look healthy as can be so far.

I mixed some 0.6 EC veg solution.

30ppm residual silicate, that's roughly 60ppm potassium silicate in total. Then we're up to 0.2 EC from 0.1 EC on my base water.

Then I added about 0.35 EC of the base(3-1-7, calcinit and Epsom) up to 0.55 EC. Then I added Humic kelp mix and 4 drops of bleach to 10 liters / 2.6 gallons of water and pH down to 6.3.

I currently feed 5:30 AM and 5:30 PM. 5:30 and 17:30 for you Europeans.

Cheers!

IMG_20240210_164924106.jpg
IMG_20240210_164914101.jpg
IMG_20240210_164910934.jpg
IMG_20240210_164907294_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240210_164902357_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240210_164857802.jpg
IMG_20240210_164852178.jpg
IMG_20240210_164846851.jpg

5-6 days above ground. Lanky Sativa looking seedlings. A wide range of different phenos but I dont think any of them are gonna need very long veg time. Rinse and repeat and in a couple of days they will take off! I try to keep temps at 27C / 80F and RH at 65-70%.

Yay!

Still my favourite strain although the last effort at growing it got harvested way too early. Its an odd ball in hoe it presents sometimes. Not symmetrical and of course both the versions I’ve grown love to nanner early - but just flick them off.

So a strain I love and Wastei with the underground tech skills in coco?

🍿

Yay!

Still my favourite strain although the last effort at growing it got harvested way too early. Its an odd ball in hoe it presents sometimes. Not symmetrical and of course both the versions I’ve grown love to nanner early - but just flick them off.

So a strain I love and Wastei with the underground tech skills in coco?

🍿
I used to be a peat/promix guy! I had to grow and learn hydro and then go back to coir when I had learned the basic. I remember way back buying a wrong bag of Canna "soil" and got Coco Professional instead of "Terra" and had to mix peat and coir, they finished fine but I remember I had to feed her more than the others and that always stuck with me.

I had my first time growing in coco coir in Thailand in 2022, then Kali Mist on here. But hydro is hydro and if you stay within that mentality and methodology you will have great results in coir. My grower friends always told me to head over to coir but I like tech and to build stuff and had to explore water culture and I've built both DWC and Aero systems.

Thanks for doing what you do and I'm looking forward to see what the phenos I get and how the flower clusters look and how "complete" they are in structure.

Cheers and all the best!
/W

For me having grown really only one way, sure I've dabbled with SIPS and tried some rudimentary Super Soil with randomly thrown in amendments Coco/Hydro must be the easiest to do. The only downsides are the daily labour of it, our first two plants (Bruce Banner #3 - likely Dutch Passion I think from clones we bought) I did the hard yards. Mixing two 6L bottles of nutes every day or even twice a day at one point and carrying them up stairs to water and then vacuuming the run off out after every watering. That was a pain to do but gave an awful lot of hours of eyes on the plants - from which I learnt loads, the most. DWC is very technical, aeroponics even harder maybe although I guess you program that sprayer once and your done. LOS is witchcraft and almost a sub hobby in and of its self!

Coco/Hydro is as easy as, buy a liquid nute range mix it up to the low end of their recommendation at Ph 5.8 every single day to run off. As long as your temps/rh and airflow is good you're gonna grow some great weed. But you can still build on those basics and grow incredible plants both on the taste and yield that dunno - DWV or Aero I can see might edge it but soil is gonna be harder yards to do well. So respect to those growers.

For me - buy a wet/dry vacuum for the run off and get busy!

For me having grown really only one way, sure I've dabbled with SIPS and tried some rudimentary Super Soil with randomly thrown in amendments Coco/Hydro must be the easiest to do. The only downsides are the daily labour of it, our first two plants (Bruce Banner #3 - likely Dutch Passion I think from clones we bought) I did the hard yards. Mixing two 6L bottles of nutes every day or even twice a day at one point and carrying them up stairs to water and then vacuuming the run off out after every watering. That was a pain to do but gave an awful lot of hours of eyes on the plants - from which I learnt loads, the most. DWC is very technical, aeroponics even harder maybe although I guess you program that sprayer once and your done. LOS is witchcraft and almost a sub hobby in and of its self!

Coco/Hydro is as easy as, buy a liquid nute range mix it up to the low end of their recommendation at Ph 5.8 every single day to run off. As long as your temps/rh and airflow is good you're gonna grow some great weed. But you can still build on those basics and grow incredible plants both on the taste and yield that dunno - DWV or Aero I can see might edge it but soil is gonna be harder yards to do well. So respect to those growers.

For me - buy a wet/dry vacuum for the run off and get busy!
It's a little bit tricky getting DWC right. There's so many things that could possibly fail. Aero even more so where you have to have power redundancy since there's no passive part of the system.

Coir is superior in many ways since you both get passive stability and opportunities to mix in organic flavouring agents like organic sulfurs and amino acids. You get very cornered fast of what you can and cannot do in true water cultures where sterility is key.

I love my shop vac for runoff!

Hey there, fellow Bruce enthusiast! 😄 I'm popping in to catch up on all the latest Bruce-related buzz. Wishing you all the best of luck with your grow – may it be as epic as can be! 🌱 Sending positive vibes your way. Just kicked off my own Brucie journey this week, so let's rock this together! 🚀

IMG_20240211_212802075_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240211_212755914.jpg
IMG_20240211_212748203.jpg
IMG_20240211_212737630.jpg

Day 7-8 above ground. Added some bamboo toothpicks and pipe cleaners on the floppy ones. Not many days now until we can start feeding them properly.

They're drinking more meaning their roots are developing. Had to feed some of them extra. Have a hard time seeing any of these being finished in 8-9 weeks as advertised. Very sativa looking seedlings.

/W

IMG_20240211_212802075_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240211_212755914.jpg
IMG_20240211_212748203.jpg
IMG_20240211_212737630.jpg

Day 7-8 above ground. Added some bamboo toothpicks and pipe cleaners on the floppy ones. Not many days now until we can start feeding them properly.

They're drinking more meaning their roots are developing. Had to feed some of them extra. Have a hard time seeing any of these being finished in 8-9 weeks as advertised. Very sativa looking seedlings.

/W
They’re a solid 10 weeker the ones we’ve grown. Normally breeders say 9-10 for Banner - we harvested one at 8 weeks or so because of other reasons (needed to dry in the grow room so partial wasn't possible) came in at just 14.5% THC. Definitely plan for more time!

Gonna pop out new BB’s on Saturday so will be a couple of weeks behind you.

Nick

They’re a solid 10 weeker the ones we’ve grown. Normally breeders say 9-10 for Banner - we harvested one at 8 weeks or so because of other reasons (needed to dry in the grow room so partial wasn't possible) came in at just 14.5% THC. Definitely plan for more time!

Gonna pop out new BB’s on Saturday so will be a couple of weeks behind you.

Nick
I stand corrected! I just checked on their site and they say 9-10. I have a hard time seeing that to!

/W

Hey there, fellow Bruce enthusiast! 😄 I'm popping in to catch up on all the latest Bruce-related buzz. Wishing you all the best of luck with your grow – may it be as epic as can be! 🌱 Sending positive vibes your way. Just kicked off my own Brucie journey this week, so let's rock this together! 🚀
Hey there mind if I grab a seat on this one? I have a banner journal going as well and only a few days ahead of yours. Would be great to see what other banners that are close in age to mine are doing :)

Looking great so far! Can’t wait to watch along as they grow!
Happy to have you guys follow along! Looking forward to see the wide range of phenotypes.
IMG_20240212_173850605.jpg

Girls keep growing. You forget how tedious it is and that you need to practice patience growing from seed 😄 . They are drinking more water and the first set of true leaves are showing on all of the seedlings.

Cheers and all the best of luck!

IMG_20240213_165721932.jpg

Day 10-11 above ground.

Watering/feed time! Girls are doing good! I checked if the nutrient solution was still where I set pH and it was dead on 6.3. I probably added 3ppm chlorine 5 days ago and you can hardly smell the chlorine anymore. It helps to keep algae to a none existent state. I'll cover the pots later in flower. I just keep the nutrient solution I'm the spray bottle at ambient temperature with no sunlight exposure.

Cheers!

@Greenvein I don't remember but I think I said I would tell you when I had a new journal going. I've just started this shit show again!

You're late in flower aye?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom