Stunger's Organic Balcony: Growing Daughters Of Mulanje: Watering Via Root Aeration Chambers

hey stunger have u ever seen strain hunters swaziland expedition ? they show some beautiful sativa plants especially the first garden they show , it makes me almost drool😋 :peace:
I have seen some of their stuff, but a few years ago, I can't remember exactly if Swaziland, but I do remember the drool of seeing landrace plants growing. And as I mentioned earlier, I can't help but to have the thought that I could have/should have been collecting some of those seeds when I was travelling about all those years ago. Cheers.

the genetic you have is very exotic .it"s not a strain thats growen everywhere, i havn"t even heard of mulanje until now , i did some reseach , what was the smell & taste of there parent plant ?,take care & take it easy :peace:
Cheers Uncle, Mulanje comes from the Mt Mulanje area of Malawi, it had a 'piney' type smell but I messed up my Mulanje female so I didn't get mature buds from her, I still saved the bud she made as even that is still a lot better than nothing, I might use it for nightcap edible material. The Mulanje male I grew, I used its pollen to selectively pollinate the 3 remaining girls, Mango Sherbert, Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje, and a Purple Honduras x Panama, as well as the female Mulanje altho she was given the chop 16 days later.

The interesting thing with the pollination is the Mulanje female, she was pollinated 16 days before she was chopped, her resulting seeds were pale/white with the barest smears of dark. But I germinated several of them so they were actually viable as 16 day old seeds (altho that was outdoors in winter and I didn't progress them).

Cheers Uncle, Mulanje comes from the Mt Mulanje area of Malawi, it had a 'piney' type smell but I messed up my Mulanje female so I didn't get mature buds from her, I still saved the bud she made as even that is still a lot better than nothing, I might use it for nightcap edible material. The Mulanje male I grew, I used its pollen to selectively pollinate the 3 remaining girls, Mango Sherbert, Malawi/Ethiopian x Mulanje, and a Purple Honduras x Panama, as well as the female Mulanje altho she was given the chop 16 days later.

The interesting thing with the pollination is the Mulanje female, she was pollinated 16 days before she was chopped, her resulting seeds were pale/white with the barest smears of dark. But I germinated several of them so they were actually viable as 16 day old seeds (altho that was outdoors in winter and I didn't progress them).
Are you thinking of trying to pollinate another Mulanje female some time?
Get more mature seeds?

Are you thinking of trying to pollinate another Mulanje female some time?
Get more mature seeds?
Yes I have thought about that, I still have 3 mature seeds from the previous generation so at some point I'd like to make a batch of seeds. Altho the seedlings appeared fine that I sprouted from the immature seeds so my guess is that they would be viable and fine too.

i just had a quick look trough your thread from last year , those pale seeds look good , they are niciy formed & have a decent size , in just 16 days ! surprising & interesting , they just lack coulor ,& the seedlings from those seed look very strong & healthy ,
malawi/ ethiopian /purple honduras /panama & mulanje , thats a fantastic genetic cocktail but just 1 question isn"t mulanje & malawi the same or similar strain ? 🤔take care & peace:peace:

i just had a quick look trough your thread from last year , those pale seeds look good , they are niciy formed & have a decent size , in just 16 days ! surprising & interesting , they just lack coulor ,& the seedlings from those seed look very strong & healthy
Yes that totally surprised me but up till then I was only going on what I read that pale seeds are too immature but those ones at least, were viable.
but just 1 question isn"t mulanje & malawi the same or similar strain ?
No, or yes and no. They both come from the same country, but the Mulanje is specifically from the Mt Mulanje Massif area which is the highest point of Malawi. I would guess they'd both be very close but one has developed over time at altitude.

Update - Sunshine galore today!

Greetings 420 enthusiasts! A few pics from today as my girls transition from vegging to flowering. So far it is the Mulanje Sherbert that is most advanced, but the others are running up their pistils in preparation for their turn!

And since the Mulanje Sherbert is in early flowering - some developing bud shots

Thanks for dropping in, wishing all well and may your gardens be blooming! :ganjamon:

Those are beautiful Stunger. You have perfected the art of Supercropping.
There is alot of mass there. They could have a powerful odor.
The scenery is great. I miss the ocean.

Those are beautiful Stunger. You have perfected the art of Supercropping.
There is alot of mass there. They could have a powerful odor.
The scenery is great. I miss the ocean.
Thanks Stinker! No, not perfected by any means, but it is really needed in my situation and I have got quite used to it.
There is a bit of mass, but I am glad I didn't defol as I lost a few to yellowing before I jumped on to topdressing.
I think it is just having nature in some way nearby that I like, the sea like the mountains has its special air. Cheers.

Yes that totally surprised me but up till then I was only going on what I read that pale seeds are too immature but those ones at least, were viable.
I am curious now about what your "pale" seeds looked like. Did they look like my greenies or were they really pale? Can you please repost a photo of your pale ones, I'd like to compare... Thanks!

No, or yes and no. They both come from the same country, but the Mulanje is specifically from the Mt Mulanje Massif area which is the highest point of Malawi. I would guess they'd both be very close but one has developed over time at altitude

thanks for the info stunger ,your a wise man ! so i guess the mulanje is some what better suited for the NZ climate ?
i 😍 your sherbet plant its fulling up nicely ,does she have a sent at the moment? peace bro :peace:

I am curious now about what your "pale" seeds looked like. Did they look like my greenies or were they really pale? Can you please repost a photo of your pale ones, I'd like to compare... Thanks!
Hi Emeraldo, they were pretty pale, here's a link to the post I made previously on them --> right here.
Those monsters + blue skies and sunshine = a day in paradise!
Thanks Shed! Altho around a foot and half high, each of them is the bigger than any I have grown before. As for the sunshine, I think we are just lucky that we get some, as this year has been the worst summer in over 2 decades.
thanks for the info stunger ,your a wise man ! so i guess the mulanje is some what better suited for the NZ climate ?
i 😍 your sherbet plant its fulling up nicely ,does she have a sent at the moment? peace bro :peace:
Cheers Uncle! At this point there is no way of knowing but like I said all 3 plants were grown from parents who grew here last year so hopefully that has caused them to express genetics that suit the local environment.

There is some aroma from the Mulanje Sherbert, yesterday in the full sun I could smell it filling the house, not badly, but my nose was aware of it. It has a sweetish smell combined with a slight tinge of diesel/fuel smell. That was the first day time this grow that I have been aware of it's aroma.
yes there are a lot of leaves , but theres plenty of time to remove them , over time , :peace:
Yes I am not bothered. I do think that plants that are run for longer in containers are more challenging when compared to grows of shorter periods, so any muck ups in feeding that cause leaf loss is probably nicely complemented with not carrying out a defol.

Perhaps in another couple of grows I will become better in tune with their needs, and then I can look into 'intentional' defoliation, but for now I feel that any serious defoliation is above my pay grade to risk. Cheers.

Your plants are superb beauties, Stunger. I'm astonished that you're able to continue making horizontal space for them.
Thanks Jon! I am a bit astonished too, as there is not really any room left for them to get any bigger.

Back
Top Bottom