Surfinstoned's 1440 Watt LED Multi Strain Hydro Grow Round 2!

Re: Surfinstoned’s 1440 Watt LED Multi Strain Hydro Grow Round 2!

I luv them og sour fruit genetics this room is getting even better. and La. Con. yum.

I'm tired of freezing 2-liters and since I'm dealing with a lot more water so here is my attempt at a water chiller. It cost me about 43.00 in total to make, but only because I had a bunch of extra ½ hose to start with already. I bought a 10 gallon water cooler from home depot drilled 2 holes then sealed them up tight and put about 60-70 feet (I lost count after a bowl!) of ½ hose and there you go. I went out and got some extra ice cube trays and along with the ice maker I can keep the water inside right around 40 degrees and that helps keep both res at 70 degrees.

DSC049661.JPG

DSC049671.JPG

Wow that light is sexy... Mine still hasnt shipped :(... But thats ok anyday now... You are officially the first on 420mag to turn on a 600w diamond series power house and lay it on your ladies.. Congratulations!

I think you will love that light when you get it. I have not flowered with it yet but it has done great for growing in veg!

I'll sit on the third row for this grow. I have my hat in for 1500 grams :cheer:

We will have to wait for that to happen! But thanks for the confidence!!!!

Great, yet another grow journal that I HAVE to sub to. Congrats on being my 34th thread I just cant seem to live without!
I don't have time for all this reading!

I'm not a hydro guy (as of yet anyway), but I have to say you seem to have done your homework. Very organized and thorough! I'll pull up a chair for this one if you don't mind one more, keep up the good work!:popcorn:

Welcome to the grow, I know what you mean about having time to read and post but I try to find it when i can. Thanks

Beautiful set up. What made you put the 600 that much higher than the 360's?

Its much more intense than the 360's are so I was just being cautious, I have since lowered it to the same height as the 360's

gonna watch this for sure. great job on the expansion. Grats on the lights. How many total plants is this? 27?

Are these clones from last grow?

My gs600 pro bloom has shipped, I'll be starting next week from seedling and going DWC. Looks like we're going to have a number of journals in LED to peruse the next few months.

Thanks for the props, the plant count on this run will always be changing(classified info :;):)

yes i plan on getting a separate flower cycle going as well in the near future. Good luck with your grow!!!!!!!

Wow, great work on the new setup. How hot does the outside room gets when the a/c is running? What part of the house do you draw in fresh air? This setup is great and I want to built a smaller version to demolish Summer 2012 hot days.

Thanks 12, It's in a garage so the temp in the garage does get warm when the A/C runs a lot. Fresh air is drawn in from the back of the room which is close to the house so the air is still fairly cool. It has been hot around here for sure.

Nice set-up -- again! Loving your start Surfin. Looks great, and can't wait to follow along. I'm just starting a new grow/journal and I'll be using a similar hydro system to your Ebb N Gro (Flo N Gro by Titan Controls). I'm new to this kind of system, so let me know if you have any great advice!

:goodluck: with round 2. Round 1 was fantastic. :)

Good luck on your new grow. I will find it and check out the system you went with.

Looks like i got here late hope you have enough room waiting to see some great lookin buds from a good lookin grower hopen the best for you and yours Surfinstoned :surf: :peacetwo:

Thanks papatater!!!!!

Im bout to go fill a bowl, i feel pictures coming soon..... Bet the ladies have stretched an average of a foot since we last saw them.

Sorry about the delay in the update & pictures.

Surfin,
It's been a week since an update, how are the girls looking?

Sorry I get real busy with work sometimes and I think we you have not logged in to 420 for a week or so you stop getting the emails about forums. All I can say is that I have to put the job that pays for the hobby first.

Hey surfin, you ok? You didnt get lost in your jungle did you? If you dont respond in a couple days were going to have to send out search and rescue...

I was lost on what to do for a week or so but i think my decision will work out just fine!

I think she's going to harvest before she post again! Hope everything is ok Surfin.

I'm horrible I know!!!

Hey surf thought I would pull in and park glad to see you went with a OG strain and lemon haze is a A+...Cant believe I haven't subbed to this one I started up another grow myself check it out sometime when you get a chance good luck n great growing, where do you get your clones if you can pm me that?

I will PM you some info soon.

:bong:

Wow i bet that response took some time. Glad to see youre back on track and back here on 420. We missed ya! Your girls are looking great! Outa curiosity, how many gallons do you fill your rez to supply that massive system?

Huh? Not sure I understand what "this way" is. Are you switching to a SOG, or something? Hope all is well & safe travels!

I meant by instead of going into flower and then waiting for about 3 to 4 months to make any $$ on it. Clones however make $$ every 7-10 days

:roorrip:

Yea im a bit confused too. If im understanding correctly (which im probably not) youre going to use the ladies you have going now as moms? And from these moms youre going to cut how many clones? Enough to give you carpel tunnel im sure! But are you going to have a real dense NFT setup for an SOG as Mr. K guessed? Either way this is going to flip us all upside down when we see new pics of a whole new set up! Im in! Again..!..?

Yep you got it, but to be quite honest I really don't want to throw any numbers out there, but i can tell you that every week I can take an easy 3-4 cuts per plant per week and that's a low number!!!

I just read what i wrote and have no idea what im talking about i dont think... Cured lemon skunk :thumb:

That's great!!

Damn SS, you dont mess around ! looks amazing

Thanks Vaporeyes

Are you going clone-to-bloom? Sounds like an oversized system that I had (using 6 vs 4 inch pipe and 3 vs 2 inch netpots). If that's the plan, then yes, you can keep a perpetual harvest going with that setup, pulling a lb (or more) a week if you have the space. Looking forward to an updated picture of the new plan.

When i get that system going it will be veg for 1 week then bloom. I wanted to look into going larger than 4 inch to avoid possible root clogging. I recently found an alternative to the 6 inch pvc at the depot and will be putting together a test run soon i hope.

Welcome back Surfinstoned! You've mentioned the change of your grow plans, can you give us more detail? Love the new strain addition, killer stuff. I mean medical stuff it is a safe plants!

Thanks 12, the load is starting to get lighter for sure. The new plan is to just use the plants as moms and then when they get huge move them to a separate location to flower out where i have more room.

:morenutes:

Wow i bet that response took some time. Glad to see youre back on track and back here on 420. We missed ya! Your girls are looking great! Outa curiosity, how many gallons do you fill your rez to supply that massive system?

Thanks its going to take some time to catch up on all the grow I normally watch but I took tomorrow off to catch up on some posting!

Right now I am using 2 55gal drums set up to feed 1 brain bucket, I fill them up with 40 gallons each right now but as the little ones get bigger they are drinking so much more water but I have the ability to go up to 110 gallons if I need to.

Its always been my understanding that light in the green spectrum is of little to no use to plants. So little in fact, that they can be used safely to work with your plants while in the dark cycle.....? Guess I have some more reading to do....:nomo:

Clone supplier, I knew it....good job. I don't know how you can get around in that room though.

Pretty serious hobby you have here ;) Very impressive garden!

Damn!!! Beautiful setup, and top notch construction on your grow area!!! Your going to be surfinstoned on a sea of green!! :) Sorry for showing up late to the grow, but read through it all and caught up, and your plants are looking amazing!! excited to join the observation party!!!!

dang.. late to the party. better late than never I guess.. pulling up a chair in the back.. watching these LED's wishing mine would hurry and show up.

Great job surfin' nice setup you built.

Your set up is hella nice man. That looks pro in my taste. Im in on this grow.AN's lineup is somethin id wanna fully try next time. Im running half and half or 2 brands for different nutes. Good job so far though you look like you know what your doing

Yup! =)
and thats how its done ;)

Last activity 01/23
Last post: 09/13

I hope everything is ok.

Back
Top Bottom