Swedge's Journal

I have been testing different heights for my led and it hi I I have the correct height now I did have it slightly lower and when u checked it after work it was too close so it's now about 12" away ATM with my cfl's beside them

When I asked about why mine seem to be a bit behind is that I think I've stunted there height growth by not moving the cfl lights away and maybe having the led too close

I put them slightly further away and not getting some height growth

Does that sound plausible it am I just talking crap haha

I now have a small heater inside my tent which is controlled by a thermostat so I can have it at whatever temp I like and along with my humidifier with auto option by selecting a desired humidity I should have the perfect growing conditions

A quick question about watering my plant in the big pot

I know I have to wait until the too couple inches are dry but does that include the outer rim
Since my plant is still only small I won't have a huge root system in my pot so there won't be roots to soak up all the water

I just don't wanna over do the watering

If it's dry around the base of my plant but not on the outer part of the pot do I still water?

I'm gonna start using my foxfarm grow bit soon on the bigger plant at 3rd strength and see how it gets on

Not sure if I'd jump on the HID system when you're already using LEDs. That money might be better spent upgrading LEDs, or better used in the grow somewhere.

Unless you have the space to run an HID grow and an LED grow, then why not?

Thing is the price I can get the bulb canopy and ballast I could buy 4 of them for the price I paid for my 180w ufo

Well I just bought this for a whole £30 :)

Wether I use it or not right now I don't know, I'm having to hear my grow tent just now with a small oil heater

Maybe using the hps bulb might make me not need the heater? Less electricity or it might just be equal since my heater is on very very low
image15117.jpg

Well I just bought this for a whole £30 :)

Wether I use it or not right now I don't know, I'm having to hear my grow tent just now with a small oil heater

Maybe using the hps bulb might make me not need the heater? Less electricity or it might just be equal since my heater is on very very low
image15117.jpg

The HPS should produce enough heat to keep a small tent pretty warm. Glad to see you slowly upgrading, expanding and refining your grow space becomes almost like an addiction lol.

Quick question I have just bought some bayonet lamp holders and I'm going to wire some up to one plug

The holders don't have an earth point inside only live and neutral

Is this ok? As I'm using 3 core cable

Also been looking at timers to control my his light when it's getting used

My question is

I currently have an cable running from a plug in my bedroom into my attic which then connects to a Multi plug socket

Can I use this timer by running a cable downstairs from a plug up to my attic then to the timer but then could I connect my Multi adaptor to the timer and run everything off the timer?

Lowenergie Heavy Duty Grow Light Timer

Capable of switching up to 6 X 600W (max 3600w) hps or up to 4500w CFL lights, or 30A/ 6500w resistive load

IP55 rated rainproof, dustproof, splashproof, for indoor and outdoor usage

Mechanical Timer with 15 minute switch riders

Unlike most conventional timers this Lowenergie timer is designed to handle the inductive load/ start-up current generated by HID/ Metal Halide or Sodium lamps. Cheaper timers with only 13A rating will stick either on or off as the tiny contacts inside them weld together under the high inrush/ start up current created by HID, HPS or metal halide lamps. The 30A rating of this switch will also ensure much longer relay contact life.

Specification

· 30 Amp rated for long relay contactor life, 30A Resistive load (max 6500w), lighting loads given above

· Min time setting 15 minutes, 24 hour timer

· Auto programme or permanent on modes

· Power on display light

· Dimensions 116mm wide x 170mm high x 43mm deep

· CE approved and Marked

· Supplied with rubber cable grommets, IP55 water resistant.

Wiring

Simple wiring connections, live in, live out, neutral and earth.

image15156.jpg

i think u can hook it al to the timer like u said but i would make sure the cord your gonna run through the house is rated to support more than u are putting on it..

the hid light will produce enough heat but u will need a heater for an hr after the lights go off and u want it to turn off and cool the room back down before your light comes on ..

with my pots after transplant i water the edges of the pot the most to make the roots grow and seek out the water but i also put a little bit down the center of the main branch.

Update for today, they still seem pretty short though lol :)

image15265.jpg

Sometimes it just takes time! Mine started fast, but slowed down toward the end of veg. The strain however then speeds up like a fighter Jet during Flower.

Looking good so far.

Thanks mate the plant on the right ak47 seems to be bunched up and looks like it should be a couple inches taller

The lower leaves are all bunched up by the stem

Hopefully when the grow out they won't be as bunched up

image15274.jpg

Hps light fitted it's around 15" away ATM the moment I'll see how that goes before I start moving it :)

image15303.jpg

The heater will be removed and replaced with a mini sized one if it's still needed

Back
Top Bottom