SweetSue's Hempy Haven: Powered By Timber

1534352686539.jpeg

Here's an iso2. It's an oil making machine of the 70's

I made a new friend.. Well my plant did... Well actually the spider did, me and the plant just had to be friends with it.

I've sometimes wondered if they're called spider mites because they hitch a ride with spiders. Dunno... but wondered.

I may have Tead work up some small PVC pots for this part of the project.

Tead doesn't "work up" PVC hempy pots... one just selects from the sea available.

We are gonna have soooo much fun growing together!

Can one have too much fun? Is it possible? Is it maybe bad in some way not anticipated.
Meh!
Whatever the case... I suspect we'll be testing the concepts to their fullest extent.

I've sometimes wondered if they're called spider mites because they hitch a ride with spiders.

More probably because they're not actually insects, produce webs, have eight legs in most life-stages, and are related to spiders (arachnids).

Or maybe they drive spiders around ;) .

Back in the Phototron days, huh?

I used to dream about having a Phototron! I wonder if anyone actually grew anything worthwhile with one of them? :hmmmm:
The ads had me sold, though! Lack of money and strict parents kept me from testing. It was long before my growing days! :laugh:

There is just no way I can get caught up on this thread.... LOL

:rofl: Foolish man to think you could keep up. :rofl: Even I have trouble on occassion. Lol! Isn't it nice that no one expects you to? :battingeyelashes:
1534352686539.jpeg

Oh, that is so cool. Why aren't they available now, or are they? @overlord, do you think this is what they based the design of the Source on? I mean in the sense that something inspired their design.

I've sometimes wondered if they're called spider mites because they hitch a ride with spiders. Dunno... but wondered.

TS got this. :blunt:
Tead said:
Tead doesn't "work up" PVC hempy pots... one just selects from the sea available.

Oh cool, I wasn't thinking of there being a wealth of choices :hug::hug::hug:
Tead said:
Can one have too much fun? Is it possible? Is it maybe bad in some way not anticipated.
Meh!
Whatever the case... I suspect we'll be testing the concepts to their fullest extent.

I reject any idea that life was meant to be anything but fun. You and I will show them how it's done. :battingeyelashes:

More probably because they're not actually insects, produce webs, have eight legs in most life-stages, and are related to spiders (arachnids).

Or maybe they drive spiders around ;) .

:rofl:

:rofl: Foolish man to think you could keep up. :rofl: Even I have trouble on occassion. Lol! Isn't it nice that no one expects you to? :battingeyelashes:

Oh, that is so cool. Why aren't they available now, or are they? @overlord, do you think this is what they based the design of the Source on? I mean in the sense that something inspired their design.

TS got this. :blunt:

Oh cool, I wasn't thinking of there being a wealth of choices :hug::hug::hug:

I reject any idea that life was meant to be anything but fun. You and I will show them how it's done. :battingeyelashes:

:rofl:
I had one of these babies back when. It's the simplest thing you ever saw i'm pretty sure. The bottom is a light bulb and socket with rheostat to control bright or dim (heat). A large salad bar dressing container pops in the middle, and a small basket fits in the groove in the container. The basket either holds a filter and weed, or a cup to reclaim the alcohol. The top cools and condenses and routes alcohol to the middle. It was cool thats for sure but I think most all "our" ways are just as good for much less. e-bay has one now and then for way too much.

1534352686539.jpeg

Excellent :bravo:

I used to dream about having a Phototron! I wonder if anyone actually grew anything worthwhile with one of them? :hmmmm:
The ads had me sold, though! Lack of money and strict parents kept me from testing. It was long before my growing days! :laugh:

SOmeone was doing a grow with an old one of these late last year - but abandoned it I think. It’s the tube of light thing yeah?

Hey Sue - because you mentioned HomeBox tent recently I just wanted to pop back here to say if you do, I recommend only considering their very top line range (the Evolution)> And even then, I’d look into the manufacturing. I ordered a mid range one - it ended up not being in stock so they (retailer) sent me the lower end one and a small refund. Well, it’s super light leaky and I think it’s going to be refunded (not sure if i’ll need to return it - it sounded like maybe not). ANyhoo - here is one of the pics i took to show the retailer the leaks (a 25 second long exposure, in the dark)

SO you’re probably good with Mars! I’ve decided to get a Gorilla and pay it off. Both are sponsors so that’s good. Initially I rejected mars because they dont have the dimension I want, and rejected Gorilla because of the cost. But I’ve realised that cheaper means more stuffing around with it, stiff zips etc. and all of that is proving really problematic for me physically. Sometimes for extra ease of use (which I need), you just have to spend a bit more.

I’m still taken with the Homebox top line range and the white “Par+” lining, but a bit dubious about the quality of their mid and lower range so that makes me wonder.

That’s funny about the furniture. There was this big ass ugly desk in one of the rooms here after we settled and got the keys. We decided it must have been build in the room - and yes, we took a skill saw to it in the room adn took it out in pieces! Chances are the next tenant might appreciate the huge bookcase ;)

:Namaste:

Excellent :bravo:

SOmeone was doing a grow with an old one of these late last year - but abandoned it I think. It’s the tube of light thing yeah?

Hey Sue - because you mentioned HomeBox tent recently I just wanted to pop back here to say if you do, I recommend only considering their very top line range (the Evolution)> And even then, I’d look into the manufacturing. I ordered a mid range one - it ended up not being in stock so they (retailer) sent me the lower end one and a small refund. Well, it’s super light leaky and I think it’s going to be refunded (not sure if i’ll need to return it - it sounded like maybe not). ANyhoo - here is one of the pics i took to show the retailer the leaks (a 25 second long exposure, in the dark)

SO you’re probably good with Mars! I’ve decided to get a Gorilla and pay it off. Both are sponsors so that’s good. Initially I rejected mars because they dont have the dimension I want, and rejected Gorilla because of the cost. But I’ve realised that cheaper means more stuffing around with it, stiff zips etc. and all of that is proving really problematic for me physically. Sometimes for extra ease of use (which I need), you just have to spend a bit more.

I’m still taken with the Homebox top line range and the white “Par+” lining, but a bit dubious about the quality of their mid and lower range so that makes me wonder.

That’s funny about the furniture. There was this bog ass desk in one of the rooms here after we settled and got the keys. We decided it must have been build in the room - and yes, we took a skill saw to it in the room adn took it out in pieces! Chances are the next tenant might appreciate the huge bookcase ;)

:Namaste:

I’ve referred a couple to the landlord, so I’ll bring him back next month and ask if he’s like me to leave it and the metal pantry cabinet it seems crazy to try and take with me.

I love that metal cabinet. It was rescued from an old high school lab by a former tattoo client working on the building’s renovation. The utilitarian design just lights me up, and I’ve loved having my pantry behind glass.

Easy to leave behind. :battingeyelashes:

My older Mars tents leak light that badly. If I order another tent it’ll be a new Mars-Hydro, a product I’m very happy with. I like consistency, believe it or not. Lol!

Wait a minute. Fresh water crab?

Well, Lake Pontchartrain is mostly brackish water, kinda half and half since the Gulf of Mexico does contribute via Lake Borgne, another fishing gem. The best crabs IMHO come from the eastern side of the Lake. Sometimes they'll open the Spillway on the Mississippi River in the spring and dump the excess into the Western side of the Lake. 600+ sq miles of Lake, it has a whole lot of life in those waters.

Peace
Keith

Well, Lake Pontchartrain is mostly brackish water, kinda half and half since the Gulf of Mexico does contribute via Lake Borgne, another fishing gem. The best crabs IMHO come from the eastern side of the Lake. Sometimes they'll open the Spillway on the Mississippi River in the spring and dump the excess into the Western side of the Lake. 600+ sq miles of Lake, it has a whole lot of life in those waters.

Peace
Keith

And I’m sitting right there where the pickins are the best? Mmmm...... I’m gonna fitnright in. Lol!

Oh - do you think that was ever part of the nanners appearing?

I’d be surprised. Not all of them hermied. I believe all the nanners started appearing under the GROWant 480. My Carnival line never did that before. I’ll watch the current girl under the Timber Citizen Cobs to see if it happens again. That’s one of the older Mars-Hydro tents.

I had a tendency to leave the side vent of tent #3 exposed after lights out. That may have been a more powerful contributor to the nanners. That vent faces the hallway and there’s a lamp right around the corner.

Peace
Keith
I love me good crab! We know Maryland style mostly as crab cakes. I'm on the coast so to me any fresh crab boiled eaten any way is gold. Very interesting KiefKeith thanks!

A thing called an Isomizer,,, I had the iso1 and the second model. The first one use to just make green powder. The #2 made oils and hash products. Wow, that was way forever ago. The ad in high times said 'shit to gold'.. if I remember right...

well the shit didn't turn to gold, but made some decent oil from mexican brick weed

I’d be surprised. Not all of them hermied. I believe all the nanners started appearing under the GROWant 480. My Carnival line never did that before. I’ll watch the current girl under the Timber Citizen Cobs to see if it happens again. That’s one of the older Mars-Hydro tents.

I had a tendency to leave the side vent of tent #3 exposed after lights out. That may have been a more powerful contributor to the nanners. That vent faces the hallway and there’s a lamp right around the corner.
Ok cool - that’s a good experiment, with the Timber in one of the old tents. If you do find the old tents leakiness is a problem, Grizzwald just gave me a good tip on seasoning tent seams the way you would with a swag. You spray wet the seam from teh inside and then from the outside and let it dry. SHould close things over a bit. NOt sure if it works on old ones - but if the leaks seems to be an issue might be won’t a try.

I’m going to experiment with it on one of the window seams today. Doesn’t fix holes in the actual fabric panels tho’! Which is part of my problem.

Ok cool - that’s a good experiment, with the Timber in one of the old tents. If you do find the old tents leakiness is a problem, Grizzwald just gave me a good tip on seasoning tent seams the way you would with a swag. You spray wet the seam from teh inside and then from the outside and let it dry. SHould close things over a bit. NOt sure if it works on old ones - but if the leaks seems to be an issue might be won’t a try.

I’m going to experiment with it on one of the window seams today. Doesn’t fix holes in the actual fabric panels tho’! Which is part of my problem.

Actually, both of my old tents have Timbers, and the middle one always did. No nanners in that tent ever. There were too many variables to say for sure what caused so much hermie behavior in that tent.

Back
Top Bottom