SweetSue's Perpetual 3.0 - The Hempy/HB Hybrid Grow

Good Morning Sue!
On the topic of roots, do you notice that your girls in the fabric pots are fully filling out their homes? At the moment I'm using 2 fabric and 2 plastic. The 2 girls in the plastic pots are growing so much better than the fabrics. It seems as if the edges dry out too quickly with the fabric not letting the roots fully grow out.
Just interested if this is just an issue I have maybe with watering or if others notice this too?

SO much lovin’ :rollit:

Here you go - one of my fave Doc Bud posts: transplanting (including scoring the roots :) )

Good reference, I have found that alot of what he says is well founded and documented tho his growth rates are better than mine inside... I dont usually see that kinda growth in a few weeks unless they are outdoors.. Have a great morning and Green Day.. Mine is grey... raining like hell..... :ganjamon:

Good Morning Sue!
On the topic of roots, do you notice that your girls in the fabric pots are fully filling out their homes? At the moment I'm using 2 fabric and 2 plastic. The 2 girls in the plastic pots are growing so much better than the fabrics. It seems as if the edges dry out too quickly with the fabric not letting the roots fully grow out.
Just interested if this is just an issue I have maybe with watering or if others notice this too?

The fabric pots create a system of tiny rootlets. They never get the thick roots that wrap inside because they air prune as soon as they get to through the fabric. They just keep building a mass of smaller roots that pull in water and food.

I haven't seen a real difference myself RR, but then I don't pay attention the way others do. :battingeyelashes: My plants seem to grow happily, for the most part, no matter what containers I grow them in, as long as they're not too small for the soil community. Others probably have a different experience. Some of our best growers on the site use only plastic pots. They do that for a reason, I'm sure.

Good afternoon - oops! - good evening everyone :love:

I’ve been spending the day with my daughter, and it’s turned into a rare all-day event. My update won’t appear until tomorrow. I never got any pictures taken. Lol!

I didn’t want to leave you hanging.

I sent her off to take a picture for on-topic joy. Let’s see what she found.

I took a few of my own while I was waiting for her to edit. No patter, just pretty pictures for your Friday night enjoyment.

And her photos....

Yeah......made me proud to be her mom. :love:

I'll see you all around the threads. Gettin' awlfully hungry here. Lol!

Here ya go Sue, the Carnival came down at 75 days. The grow room smells like someone has been cutting limes in there. The yield looks to be pretty darn good. Thanks again!

Hehehe! :high-five: I know that had to make @Graytail smile real big.

I knew you'd like it Neiko. I look forward to your first report on both smoking and chewing of a cob, you lucky duck. :battingeyelashes:

There is probably a handful of seeds somewhere in there. I found 1 for sure. It got hit by late naners on the Amherst Sour Diesel. You know I'll have to pop at least 1 of those.

Oh, absolutely!

@Hash Hound , tasty brownie buckaroo. :yummy:

I have to share: just got a call from my brother, the lovely soul who made it possible for me to go to Jamaica stress free. He and his darling wife have decided to front me the cost of my trip to San Diego and let me repay them monthly.

When I accepted the invitation I had no idea how I'd finance it, but I'd seen pictures of the house we'll be staying at and I'd had a strong feeling of standing on the upstairs deck watching the surf roll in, so I knew I'd be going.

The closer it got to time to purchase the ticket the more I'd think of it, but I went to that satisfied "I'm here!" feeling I'd grabbed in the beginning.

He'll be booking the flight tonight or tomorrow. :yahoo: I keep telling you guys, this is how you move heaven and earth. Lol! Find the feeling of having this thing you desire and hold it without the resistance of doubt. Watch your desires come to be right before your bewildered eyes.

San Diego is the first of what I plan to be many short jaunts to meet members. This trip I have at least two members I'll meet in California and one in Arizona.

Ahhhh...... Desire allowed to manifest. I had no idea it'd start this soon. Are we ready to play? :battingeyelashes:

Fake it til you make it. - right?

Where exactly are you, Sue, ifn you don't mind me asking? I am in the great state of Oregon! I can't imagine traveling very far anytime soon, but I always dream of it. I would love to meet you. I should just get you on the phone one of these nights....

Enjoy Socal. I have only been there a few times and it is BEAUTIFUL. I have not spent enough time there.

Fake it til you make it. - right?

Where exactly are you, Sue, ifn you don't mind me asking? I am in the great state of Oregon! I can't imagine traveling very far anytime soon, but I always dream of it. I would love to meet you. I should just get you on the phone one of these nights....

Enjoy Socal. I have only been there a few times and it is BEAUTIFUL. I have not spent enough time there.

I don’t mind sharing at all lazyfish. I live outside Pittsburgh. We have a number of members in the Washington/Oregon area that would be thrilled to have me visit. Some I’m most particularly fond of. Eventually I’ll get there, and when I do we’ll meet. You can count on it. :hug:

Oops! I forgot to leave the post. :rofl:

I’m switching to straight hempy, running my last soil babes through flower as we speak, so I’ve no need for the pointers I’d posted inside the cupboard door.

Still, it was a moment I paused, feeling back through the tumultuous relationship I’ve enjoyed with Doc’s magical microbes.

A lot of memories on those little bits of paper and ink. :battingeyelashes: Time to move on.

Somehow I overlooked the fact that I could’ve opened this baby two days ago. Lol! Imagine that. So busy with the cob thread that I forgot I had a cob ready for testing. :rofl:

Tomorrow, as I jump in the shower, I’ll be chewing a piece that weighs at least 0.3 gr. :slide:

Change is good. :Namaste:

The whole last election cycle was an embarrassment. Trump and Clinton. Really? 300 million+ plus people in this country and those were our freaking choices! And Gary Johnson couldn't even get on a debate stage with them. Our political system is a joke.
It was a shit show for sure. I wanted to move to New Zealand and buy some sheep...hubby said NO. Let's see what happens in the next one. He might agree!

My step son lived in San Diego for some years. I found it very nice indeed. And very hard to leave. You will too.

I'm looking forward to lunch with you and the wife someday keltic. I'll tie it into a trip to see a couple others I've a desire to meet.

Good morning everyone :love:

Just stopping by to say hello before I run out to the store. The demand for my pain cream is rising and I gave away the last I had on hand. I'll be needing more this week, and just discovered I'm short on the grape seed oil. Oh, wonderful.... I get to go out on a mission in the sunshine and see how the cob feels out there in the community. :slide:

Temps dropped this week, and in response I rigged up a heat box for the fermenting and curing cobs.

Playing with these cobs are going to make this a memorable year, for sure. Lol! Add in a little travel and sharing and oh my gosh, how did I get this lucky?

I created this reality the same way you created yours, by the thoughts I choose to entertain. I think I might be on to something. :battingeyelashes:

Update later. I still haven't taken pictures. Lol! :ciao:

Nice tidy inside of cupboard door there Sue - that must feel great! (Even with the ‘goodbye’ involved)

Your holiday is getting closer everyday :surf: You know, with your callanetics fitness, you could take a surf lesson while you’re there ;) It’s never too late :surf:

Back
Top Bottom