Well. I decided, whilst my head in garden mode, to start the lst... I've use some cotton that'll easily snap away when the plant starts thickening it's stem. I'll keep an eye on them anyway to avoid the plant growing around it.

I just wanted to get those lower leaves abit of light

20181218_212128.jpg
20181218_212132.jpg
20181218_212208.jpg

I also gave them a topping to promote lower growth as you do...

I be keeping a close eye on the one I've just put into the home made octopot, it was root bound and starving of water a touch but now it's got what it needs, air, room, water... I'm expecting it to absolutely bounce.. heres hoping

I'm thinking the next 48hrs she will start digging down finding the water and after that she's going to pick up like a dream, I'm wondering how long it'll take for the roots to touch down .. ?!?!@#$?!?!

any guesses girls and boys?

Hey avatar I’m all caught up and I’ll grab a seat here to watch how this grow show goes! Nice job on the hone made octopot I’m interested to see if it works out for you or not as I have seen ganjaprenuers setup and they do look very interesting!

Look forward to hanging out!
:passitleft:

Soon as I saw them I was tweaked. Then he said no bubbles. I was like woah shit yh.

I'm going to get a tub that's more like the octopot tub though.. shallow and wide.. I don't like it sitting so high, I just wanted to get the ball rolling. . .

I've also thought about getting one long thin container, if this octopot home made works and I'll transplant my current plants to it and sit them all on top of 1 reservoir.. I've got big ideas for this type of setup...

The only down side I see, is the fabric pots I'm using... so if all else fails I'll just by the sleeves fro octopot in future and do the same thing.. really liking this so credit to ganjapreneur420 for bring it to our attention...

I'm thinking the next 48hrs she will start digging down finding the water and after that she's going to pick up like a dream, I'm wondering how long it'll take for the roots to touch down .. ?!?!@#$?!?!

any guesses girls and boys?
Very interested to see how this turns out!! I know with mine I believe I saw my first root in the reservoir by the end of week 2 after planting the seed. But yours has already developed so lets see!! :goodluck::popcorn:

Soon as I saw them I was tweaked. Then he said no bubbles. I was like woah shit yh.

I'm going to get a tub that's more like the octopot tub though.. shallow and wide.. I don't like it sitting so high, I just wanted to get the ball rolling. . .

I've also thought about getting one long thin container, if this octopot home made works and I'll transplant my current plants to it and sit them all on top of 1 reservoir.. I've got big ideas for this type of setup...

The only down side I see, is the fabric pots I'm using... so if all else fails I'll just by the sleeves fro octopot in future and do the same thing.. really liking this so credit to ganjapreneur420 for bring it to our attention...

Dont get too ahead of yourself with the one reservoir lol Each plant should still be treated separately incase there are any issues it is also easier to feed each plant separately. (Just my thoughts though)

If my current grow ends up being a success, I would have one reservoir that leads into the small individual reservoirs with separate shutoff valves. Therefor I wouldn't have to reach the plants in the rear as space is limited. :passitleft:

Dont get too ahead of yourself with the one reservoir lol Each plant should still be treated separately incase there are any issues it is also easier to feed each plant separately. (Just my thoughts though)

If my current grow ends up being a success, I would have one reservoir that leads into the small individual reservoirs with separate shutoff valves. Therefor I wouldn't have to reach the plants in the rear as space is limited. :passitleft:

Agreed with the reservoir being an idea for 1 bigbfuck up from a slight miss hap. I could wipe them all out over feeding or something... I was thinking it would save nutrients and space. So I like the shout of a separate res on its own with feeding hoses. Feed each plant at different times extra.. I can see how that would make for a safer measured setup.

2weeks, I'm sure we can best that, mines been root bound 2 week too long. When I got her out I couldn't help but week a little. The girl was crushing her self up in all sorts of ways... so I reckon a few days we should see some of the bigger roots touch down..

IMG-20181219-WA0000.jpg

I'd just like to throw the question out there to the folk of experience... I'm on way 30 week 5... I'm pretty confident I should be much bigger by now lol... does anyone else agree. Like I thought I wouldn't be able to see my pot by now. They are growing and growing green. It's just reading other journals I'm seeing them further along with similar mediums ect... anyhoo just a thought.

Just been to lift the pot on the home made octodream... no roots yet. The 1st inch of the cloth at the bottom is lightly moist... barly damp... It was piss wet through untill I jabbed some holes in and lowered the water lvl. My netpot will sit I the water about an Inch at the lvl I have marked.. I just need to make a floating bobber to mark lvl with out lifting the lid.

The plant seems to be recovering quickly as the yellowing has pulled back and some new leaves are floating on through.

It's really getting me tweaked aswell cause my only concern was the fabric pots being too wet... But now I think I'll be getting some .ore pots of water for when these other two beaut vet transplanted in a months time..

Here's a bonus picture.

We are 31 days in and this baba has a long way to go to catch uo
20181220_141120.jpg
20181220_104247.jpg

Yes the new growth is very green. Since I repotted it, it seems to have stretched up a bit got it's colour back. I'm hopingntonsee som3 nice rooting pretty soon and some big growth after that... I'm just wondering a few things now. I need tdm ppmmeters I need a new phmeter and some ph down at minimum

Certainly is, I'm just worried about that reservoir ph I need to get it correct instantly. How ever no meter for a WEEK... gunna piss me. Off. Any one got some spare litmus paper

I wonder if I can still use my soil nutes aswell. I need to look into all of this

Certainly is, I'm just worried about that reservoir ph I need to get it correct instantly. How ever no meter for a WEEK... gunna piss me. Off. Any one got some spare litmus paper

I wonder if I can still use my soil nutes aswell. I need to look into all of this
Speaking of litmus paper. I keep some on hand, I use it every now and then to try and get some skill at reading it. It's hard as hell telling the difference. I don't know if it's going to help in an emergency but I'm trying.

Speaking of litmus paper. I keep some on hand, I use it every now and then to try and get some skill at reading it. It's hard as hell telling the difference. I don't know if it's going to help in an emergency but I'm trying.

I havnt seen the stuff since I left school to be honest. The digipens work well... And cheap enough. But I can imagine in a few crops time I'll have some kicking about for the shits And giggles of it.

20181220_182707.jpg

Here's tonight's bonus picture. Since she got topped all the lower growth has shot up..

I've also dropped the lights by a few inch. Right now without a wide canopy there is no need to have it so high.

20181221_192557.jpg
20181221_192551.jpg
20181221_192546.jpg
20181221_192542.jpg
20181221_192538.jpg
20181221_192532.jpg

6photos 3plants 2 angles. Top and side

I had a feeling I was under watering. I was but not by much.. a reckon only 5l . But I've flooded my medium with a boatload of nitrogen to kick these girls into gear..

Back
Top Bottom