The Beginning Has Begun

Obi wan,done what you suggested.temp is down to 30 degrees celcius.nice gone!thanks for that.
I've put my light off just now and was going to turn it back on in 6hrs to start the cycle.do you think that is wise?should I maybe leave it on?

image12932.jpg
I'm not sure about this wee baby?looks upside down but is that possible?

If my kids got this excited I know what they would bed getting for xmas!lol. I'm grinning like a chesire cat! Today so far has been a good day,going to order some bio bizz and possibly another fan it I can't locate one in town.happy days!

Got another question.should I remove the cling film from the ones that are up? I have done so already but just want to make sure.I've got 2 up and doing well so far.happy days.I will get a few pics up soon.

Thanks for the help guys! Its really made a difference

I've got at least 4 up n out the soil. I've had a rake about the only 1 that nothings happened to and can't find any trace of the seed? I think I may have planted 2 in the 1 lot! When planting them,1 was one the paper after I thought I had planted the last 3.I had a look and planted it in the cup I "thought" was the right one but looks like I've put 2 in the one cup?I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
The only seed I'm waiting for to pop up is the kush.there's defo a bit of green just under the soil,should bed fine and out for the end of play the night.

Also,am I doing the right thing starting the cycle the now when there just that size? The light was one all day yesterday and off for 6 the smorning.I think it done them the world of good. Got myself a timer today aswell but still trying to work it.lol.I will know soon enough if the wee bedside lamp comes one at 6.

Congratulations on the new sprouts!

You are fine to run an 18/6 light schedule. In fact, a dark cycle may also help you control the temps as well. If possible, perhaps try to schedule the 18 hours of lights-on during the coolest part of the day.

You can remove the cling wrap from the sprouts but keep an eye on the light intensity and heat. They don't need a lot of light yet. Keep watch for signs of stress and raise your light if needed.

If the soil is moist leave it alone. It is very easy to over water at this stage. I gave my sprouts about 10-20ml as needed to keep the top layer of soil from drying out. The sprout has enough stored energy to begin and sustain its life for longer than you'd think. All you need to do right now is not kill it, lol! Provide a suitable environment for a few days and wait for the first set of true leaves to emerge.

Things are starting to move along now!

/Obi

Dusty, it looks like the cling wrap is made of aluminum foil? Sorry, never seen metallic cling wrap in the states lol. But aluminum foil is probably the worst mistake a new grower can make (I did when I first started).

It produces hot spots on the plants, kind of like burning ants with a magnifying glass. I would replace it with Mylar personally. But right now you have nothing to worry about, no harm done.

Nice job on the timer! And obi is right, the seed has stored nutrients and what not that the mother plant gave it.

A testament to this is when I threw literally a handful of swag bag seeds in a small container with a wet paper towel. I don't know what happened, but none the less, I forgot about them. I found them about a week and a half later about 4" tall lol. I tried dropping them outside in the garden, but none of them made it (I wasn't expecting them to). Only one started to grow, but unfortunately my wife picked it out while weeding the garden. How ironic right? But anyways, they grew through the couple layers of paper towels they were under and without any kind of light source. They call it weed for a reason, it will grow anywhere imaginable.

Update-thats me got 3 up and the cling film is off.someone told me to drop the light as they need loads of it at this stage? I've dropped it down to about 20'' but I might pull it back up cause there's still a few to come up properly.I can just see the green stem,looks kinda curled,ready to spring up,hopefully all be up by morning.

The one at the front is a re-plant,lol. Silly,dumbass me planted 2 seeds in the same cup.my mrs decided to plant it again as it was showing signs of life,she wanted to replant it and named here. Hope Something comes of it.

Back
Top Bottom