The Beginning Has Begun

image12955.jpg
Can't believe what's happened here! Looks like 2 sprouts from 1 seed!! What's the chances?

Seems like I've managed to grow twins! Wonder what the chances are? I've been told to split them up as they will compete for pot space or something. I'm not sure if they will be joined?might have to operate on my little twin sproutlets!lol. I will be sure to get pics

The twin seedling is interesting. You could set it aside for an experiment to see how it grows. Maybe LST the two tops for light penetration. If left alone one will become dominant and the smaller growth will compete with and consume valuable resources from the main. You could also give it some additional time to get established and gain strength and then simply cut away the weaker growth.

It's kinda neat either way. Like a four leaf clover :)

/Obi

Am guessing the canopy is the the top of my plants? Its lights off for my little babies at the moment,back on about 1800 hrs.I will have a peek then and see how they are getting one,haven't seen them all day. I've been having a look at some of the pages on you guys journals and I'm very very impressed! I feel a lot better knowing that you guys so know your stuff! Hopefully after a few grows myself I will be better equiped with more knowledge.knowledge is power.lol

Am guessing the canopy is the the top of my plants? ...<snip>
Correct. As your plants grow taller it may be necessary to raise the light to maintain consistent coverage and prevent leaves from reaching too close to the heat.

Sorry but I haven't a clue what LST is obi?
LST is an acronym for Low Stress Training. It is used to describe methods of gently manipulating the plants growth by manually shaping the plant in such a way as to allow light to access otherwise poorly lit areas of the plant while causing little or no shock to the growth rate. Wire, string and other common things are often used to gently bend the plant in a favorable direction at which point it is permanently secured in it's new position.

Other methods like topping, lolipopping and defoliating (cutting away plant matter) can cause stress to the plant slowing or stopping new growth while it recovers from its injuries. This not usually a problem if you have the extra time to allow for recovery. In a time sensitive grow recovery time(s) may need to be accounted for.

Lot's of info to research on LST :) But, it is not required.

/Obi
:peace:

No worries at all, dusty. I can tell you are going to do well. You ask very good questions and besides, that's what we're all here for... to share and learn :)

Don't hesitate to question and learn new things. That's a good thing!

All the best,
/Obi
:volcano-smiley:

Hey obi,just been looking at cfl bulbs.would it be possible to get one from a hardware shop in town and if I can find a decent one(or better,1 that fits my current light),can I change it straight away without causing any stress to my little babies? I'm gona check the company who supplied my starter package,I'm pretty sure I've got a pamphlet indoors with different and replacement bulbs.

I'm at my mrs pad the now and due to the high temps I'm running with the closet door shut,I've left it ajar. I'm hoping my nosey pitbull doesn't decide to have a munch and a sleep in the tent!lol. I'm sure he'll be fine and they'll be fine.if not,at around 22:30 you here a big howl wherever you are,you will know the dog has ate my stash!

I'm sitting at 30 degrees celcius,its about 86 degrees farenhite.my mrs is picking me up another fan today,trying to circulate cooler air.
I've got my bio bizz trial pack one route! Bio grow,bio bloom and top max booster. Have you guys used this before?and because my soil has food and nutes to last a few weeks,I'm not sure if I will need to feed them?

Back
Top Bottom