The Dog House

Yo, all fellow 420 members :roorrip: :welcome: to the Dog House

SG_PT_and_BK_001.jpg

SG_PT_and_BK_002.jpg

SG_PT_and_BK_003.jpg

Grow tent in the closet 63" tall, 20" deep, and 34" wide.

Lumatek digi ballast, Hydrofarm Daystar AC hood with a 250w MH bulb for veg. 19" long cool tube on its way via UPS, should be here tomorrow. Using a cheap 6" inline booster fan ($30 at Home Depot) to draw air though the open end of the hood and out of the tent. 90 cfm intake on the bottom and a 70 cfm computer fan exhausting out of the top. These grow tents are tough to cool but it keeps temps around 4-5* warmer then room temp. The HPS bulb runs warmer so the cool tube should hopefully get me through the summer.

Strains-

In the middle is a Purple Trash. Purple Trainwreck crossed with Hash Plant. Brought the clone home 2 weeks ago...it was small to say the least, lol. But healthy. Really like the branching going on now, and growth is up to a half inch a day. 2 gallon smart pot, Fox Farm Happy Frog with about 20% added perlite. Last feeding was .5 Ml GH Flora Nova grow, .5 FloraBlend, and .25 Floralicious Plus, in a gallon mix. I think she is an eater cause she still looks hungry after that 400 ppm feeding.

The two outside babies are Sour Grapes from Oaksterdam, purchased from my favorite club, Fruitridge Health and Wellness in Sacramento. I brought those home YESTERDAY! 8" genetic exact, healthy clones with big leaves. I don't care what anyone says. Oaksterdam genetics are legit! I've grown their Chem 4 and the L.A. Con and both were champs straight out of the rockwool.
Also in Happy Frog, watered with plain, 6.8 ph'd water when planted.

Temps around 81*F with an RH around 40-45%

SG_PT_and_BK_002.jpg

That shot give a good perspective on height. The Oaksterdam cuts are always monsters!

Granted I don't have the space to grow out all three of these...unfortunately. I'm going to veg for maybe a week then kill the lights for 36 hours. I need to get a dehumidifier asap as well, have to prevent that nasty PM. I'll play it by ear on what ladies will meet their maker here. I have a good home for the one or two I can't use :thumb:

One week after the start of 12/12 I will transplant to 3 gallon Smart Pots filled with Roots Organic, and 20% perlite mixed in.

And my little DIY grow box to take advantage of what little space I have.

SG_PT_and_BK_004.jpg

SG_PT_and_BK_005.jpg

Bubba Kush clone :yahoo: Purchased with the Purple Trash, the BK was even smaller. To be honest I could not wait for clones any longer (outdoor growers snatch them up so quick with this late season) so I picked up the BK and PT cause they were healthy even though they were small. Then the Okie's finally come in.

15" deep x 30" tall x 21" wide home made cabinet. Power strip mounted vertically to allow the bulbs to be moved up. 1 23w 65k and 1 65w 27k cfl. 70 cfm computer fan exhausting out of the top, plus another 70cfm for circulation.

Also in 2 gallon smart pot with Happy Frog and perlite.
Plan is to get her to 15" with 2 65w 27k bulbs.

Cool Tube arrived yesterday. This one is 19" long and fits perfect. I installed a Hydrofarm All System mogul to extend the bulb out more toward the center.

420_1961.jpg

420_1971.jpg

Its nothing fancy, it has the clip on wing reflector that is a very thin gauge but I have no complaints whatsoever. It does its job, and does it well. I'm fluctuating between 1.5*-2.75* warmer than room temperature. Really good considering the exhaust fan I'm using!

420_1991.jpg

420_1981.jpg

Yes that is masking tape lol. I've found it seals air just as well as duct tape but without the mess when I take it off.
Those little yo-yo hangers came free with the cool tube...I used to think those were a waste of money when I would see them. Those little things are bad-ass! Makes raising the light ridiculously easy!

Installed the 250w hps bulb in the cool tube. Tell you what-with that smaller diameter bulb my tent stays at 1.5* above room temperature!! I'm stoked on this, big time! Plus the Daystar AC hood sold in a day on craigslist.

Testing the 400w hps right now with the girls out getting some natural light. At what would be 10" above the plants temps are 6*+ above room temp. That brings up electric costs above and beyond the extra 150w vs the 250w. I raised it to what would be 18" above the canopy to see what, if any difference that will make. Growing two plants in there lit up by the 400w would be ideal but I hate sweating temps (pun intended, haha).

Yeah the 250w hps will have to do. That 400 gets hot!

The Purple Trash is growing an inch a day. Looks like it is going to take a good shape for flower. One main cola and some nice side branches. 19" today.

Purple Trash
420_2021.jpg

420_204.jpg

The Sour Grapes is almost at an inch a day now. I think her shape will work perfect for my limited space. Nice and narrow.

Sour Grapes
420_203.jpg

The pair
420_2001.jpg

420_2011.jpg

The Bubba Kush is my favorite. She is all Indica, smells so danky already I can't get over it. Plus she is in my DIY box growing under CFL's so that makes her kinda special. Growth is about a half inch a day with her right now.
I intentionally stretched her a little, worked good. A trick from a missed fellow grower that used to be on here. She is flowering under 2 65w cfls.

Bubba Kush
420_205.jpg

420_206.jpg

420_207.jpg

I might start a separate journal for the Bubba to give an example of what an all cfl grow can produce. I should say ADD another example of cfl grows, I've read through some great one's.

Did a little pruning today in the form of clearing out the bottom branches and some leaves.

The girls out
420_212.jpg

420_213.jpg

420_214.jpg

Purple Trash
420_217.jpg

Sour Grapes
420_215.jpg

Bubba Kush
420_216.jpg

Rather than tossing the cuttings I'm cloning what few I have. They are little to say the least. Ready to get to cutting. I don't do anything fancy for cloning. Cut at an angle, dip in Clonex, straight into the Grodan. Cut the tips of the leaves to detour transpiration. PH water for them with misting when I get a chance. I use 2 2ft floro's for lighting.
420_220.jpg

Cuttings
420_211.jpg

Cleaned up and ready to pack on some flowers!
420_208.jpg

420_209.jpg

420_210.jpg

Lookin good so far dog.

Going to keep an eye on this. Thanks for your suggestions thus far too.

Thanks a bunch Bassman! Much appreciated!

I noticed you are going with a dwc grow, very nice. I love dwc and would do it if I had the space. My first dwc grow was a complete success thanks to the advice of 'tulip'. Check the AK 48 grow in my sig, love dwc!

Amazing that he is still inspiring folks here. Thanks to 420 Magazine for not deleting his valuable posts! Great job as always mods!

Good luck Bassman, and keep those questions coming. Tons of knowledgeable members here to help!

Thanks dog.

Now I need to get my head around making a grow tent of some sorts. I'm not interested in spending $200-$400 on just a tent and then finding I'm not happy with the size or the product etc. Just trying to figure out how much room I need for the number of plants and medium I'll use. I have a full 10' x10' empty bedroom but I am not about to go that big, and a 27"x59" closet just seems too small.

I guess I need to go to wally world and start looking/measuring mediums and what not to get a good grip on it.

Anyways, didnt want to derail or hijack your thread. Best wishes on this grow, I'll be watchin!

Hey YardDog! Good to see you back with another grow! I'm sub'd again & best wishes for a BIG harvest in the SMALL space!!! (us small space growers got to support eachother! :) )

Looking good man. Keep it up.

Thanks dog.

Now I need to get my head around making a grow tent of some sorts. I'm not interested in spending $200-$400 on just a tent and then finding I'm not happy with the size or the product etc. Just trying to figure out how much room I need for the number of plants and medium I'll use. I have a full 10' x10' empty bedroom but I am not about to go that big, and a 27"x59" closet just seems too small.

I guess I need to go to wally world and start looking/measuring mediums and what not to get a good grip on it.

Anyways, didnt want to derail or hijack your thread. Best wishes on this grow, I'll be watchin!

No hijacking going on here, feel free to ask questions here as well! I like my tent because of my small space and location. Those big ones are pricey, but nice. If you don't have too much light outside of the room when its dark time you could get away with thick black plastic sheeting hung from the ceiling. My buddy did that in his attic last winter with great success.

Hey YardDog! Good to see you back with another grow! I'm sub'd again & best wishes for a BIG harvest in the SMALL space!!! (us small space growers got to support eachother! :) )

Mr. Krip, been some time good to see ya! Yes small space growers are unique and can learn from one another. I'm glad I have the time to journal this grow for my own record and to share with the community here. I am going to use some of that time to see what you have going in the garden. I notice in your sig you have been busy. I wish you a healthy harvest :popcorn:

Looking good man. Keep it up.

Thanks ArmyDogg! :peace:

Yard dog looking great cant wait to see those at the harvesting !

Yard dog looking great cant wait to see those at the harvesting !

Thanks CannaVince!

how many are you planning on blooming in that size tent?

Just the two. One being much larger than the other. I'm trying to keep it so the plants won't touch each other but I let the Purple Trash get too big so we shall see. Ideally one large one would work great but I wanted a little variety this time. Next grow I think I will try either three seeds 12/12 light from the start or 4 clones put straight to 12/12.

Pics to come tonight. Purple Trash has reached 34"!

Ah...I get a chance to sit down and do some updating ;) Picked up some Sheen O.G. today. I really forgot how much I love this strain. If you have a chance to get it, get it! It has a wonderful O.G. smell and an equally refreshing flavor, and the effect is even better. Hits me right behind the eyes, then a mellow cerebral escape kicks in. With all that being said, I could still get up and tend to the garden with total energy. What a great pheno!

Anyway back to what I'm growing that isn't sheen.

Day 19 since the start of 12/12 lighting.

Things in the house are going great, knock on wood. The dolomite lime seems to work great! Thanks again for those that stress the use of it, I will do the same. Run off is coming out in the 6's and the plants are nice and green with no PH roller coaster symptoms :high-five:

The darn Purple Trash has become a very tall plant. She seems to have peaked at 35". She was only 6" on July 11, very close to an inch a day average.

She looks like she will pack on a decent amount of flowers. Leaves are very thin now, reminds me of my AK 48 when she was in flower. Looks very sativa dom to me. What do you all think?

420_229.jpg

420_230.jpg

420_231.jpg

420_234.jpg

420_232.jpg

The Sour Grapes has a shape that is perfect for my space. This grow is really teaching me a lot about my space and the most efficient way I can grow in it. Sour Grapes at a very slim 26" and very fuzzy already. I read a few bad reviews about Oaksterdam clones on the web the other day and was shocked. I've seen their cuttings hit the shelves here and they are always fantastic! This SG will be the third strain I've grown from their cuttings, the other two being Chem 4 and L.A. Confidential. Both of those were great genetics.

420_225.jpg

420_226.jpg

420_228.jpg

420_227.jpg

Back in their bright little home
420_235.jpg

Last but not least...my favorite little girl, the Bubba Kush.

She has taken a perfect shape for my space, being tied down. She is all Indica for sure, very stout and smells soooo good. I've since untied her due to lack of footprint in my DIY chamber. Now she is growing up toward the light some, but I'm keeping a close eye on vertical growth. If need be I will restrain her again.

She is the only one out of the three that took a 1000+ ppm feeding last week. The other two had a slightly burnt tip. I've cloned this cutting as well :cheer: roots popped out of the grodan tonight! I'm pretty sure (hopeful) she is going to put off some good medicine.

420_236.jpg

420_237.jpg

420_238.jpg

420_239.jpg

420_240.jpg

420_241.jpg

Back
Top Bottom