The Dog House

Whats water curing?

Hey Bass! Water curing is basically leeching everything out with water. It allows me to save the buds that had powdery mold on them. THC is oil based so it stays in tact in water. I would not recommend it for healthy, clean buds.

You put the buds in containers that can be filled with distilled or RO water. Seal it up with no air in, and change the water once or twice daily until the water is clear.

It takes the smell and taste out of the buds though. You also loose weight water curing-not a big deal to me though. Those are the cons.

The pro is you know you're smoking a very clean flower :thumb:

I've been meaning to chime in on your grow, it seems to be going great. Didn't look like root rot to me, the nutes stain the roots over time.
Here is a shot of my AK 48 root ball, dark from nutes:
harvest_March_10_030.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the answer.

WOW, how big was that ak48?

I am thinking you are right and it's the nutes making me all paranoid.

Ok dog, this is just tripping me out. How tall are those PK's? My plants are sooooo much bushier and short.

Good luck on the PK's sir!

Thanks for the luck! The tallest one is almost 10". Yours were started from seed so the growth is different than clones. The AK is a bush of plant as well, with a great yield. And finally, DWC kicks ass for growth :thumb:

I have not topped these either. My goal is for them to reach about 30" with one main cola and minimal side branching.

Well, this is the thing that keeps me pretty boggled. I mean my biggest plant is only about 7" after 4.5 weeks veg. The two week newer from seed plants are 3-5" tall. But as you know, my bigger plants are bushy as all get out. I mean you cannot see the main stem from the side. And if I want to see it I have to dig to find it.

I know I'm not growing sativa, but if I go into flower in the next week at such shortness, I keep thinking I wont get any yield and even if they stretch 3x they'll still be midgets. I guess memories from the 70's of 5 foot plus outdoors plants back in the day just keep me funcused.

oh wow.off hand, width? yield? Happy with the strain?

I'm going to go read that journal now. Thanks!

oh wow.off hand, width? yield? Happy with the strain?

I'm going to go read that journal now. Thanks!

No problem. Just like you, I learned from 'Tulip' as you'll notice in the journal. I think it got wider than tall if I remember right. I believe I pulled close to 4 oz off of her. It took nearly a month to cure right, then it was all good :smokin: Mine never had a distinct smell or taste, I was (and still am) a new grower. I honestly don't know how that plant did so well. I've done so much worse since then, lol. I honestly think that is a great strain Nirvana offers. It is so strong. I grew another bean in soil without knowing a thing about dirt, and that one came out great too. All five feminized seeds where strong and the same pheno.

I'm pretty sure I'll order those seeds again at some point.

The water cure is done. Buds are drying on a couple of racks from the kitchen. I might just try my hand at making butter with these. I'll see what they're like when dry. I hope I'm wrong but I think this plant was just bad genetics. It was VERY sativa dom and could have gone longer.

420_421.jpg

420_422.jpg

On a good note, the PK girls after a watering that included KoolBloom for the first time.

420_423.jpg

Water cured buds are done and in their container curing. I'll post some pics this weekend. Nothing really great to look at. As I mentioned earlier in this journal, that plant put out a very sweet, Jack Herer, type odor. Even after the water cure it still has a subtle hint of that sweet smell. Maybe it will smoke ok??

The Purple Kush got watered last night. Still just 5 ml Florablend, and 5 ml KoolBloom. The Roots Organic seems to be giving it the food it needs so far. Its been two weeks since they were transplanted to the 1 gallon pots. I plan on transplanting again in a week or so, which would be close to two weeks into flower. I think I will be able to go at least four weeks into flower with only the tea and sugars being added.

Temps are staying in the high 70's F with the occasional 80* mark. Dehumidifier does its job keeping my RH at 40-45%.

Doing my best to prevent that terrible powder mold! That includes two fans in the tent moving air, and 3, 78 cfm computer fans, running at 7.5 volts dc, exhausting air out of the top. They are drawing air from the passive vents on the bottom of the tent. If my math is right, I'm changing the air 10 times a minute in my 23 cubic foot space :thumb:

420_424.jpg

420_425.jpg

I have them on the black plastic tubs for heat reasons. I noticed with the reflection from the tent bottom was actually radiating heat, making the tent warmer. I may end up putting a piece of black plastic down when the plants need to sit on the floor.

I've read Purple Kush grows big fan leaves...I believe it! Big leaf for a 12" plant.
420_426.jpg

Couple of randoms
420_427.jpg

420_428.jpg

Did some bottom trimming on both girls this weekend. Cleaned them nicely. Bought the 2 gallon pots for the planned transplant next weekend. They were starting to look a little light in color so I gave them a feeding as well. 2.5 ml Floranova grow, 2.5 ml bloom, along with the sugars and tea. I do believe they enjoyed that because they are standing at attention tonight.

I may transplant a little sooner as I'm having to water almost every other day now. Picture update along with the transplant.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! :thumb:

Transplanted tonight. The one gallon pots were drying up too quickly. Came home from work and the pots were light, very light.

I couldn't believe how much the roots have grown in just over a week. I was able to grab the stalk and pull them right out without loosing any dirt, roots were wrapped all around the outside of the dirt :thumb: I couldn't snap any pics. I was outside in the dark being all stealthy about it. Just because I can grow legally doesn't mean any neighbors need to know!

Did get some pics after the transplant. Now in 2 gallon pots, same soil mix that was in the one gallons.

420_431.jpg

420_432.jpg

420_433.jpg

Some flower development

420_434.jpg

420_435.jpg

Back in the tent

420_436.jpg

420_437.jpg

420_438.jpg

A little update on what's going on here.

Purple Kush. About 3 weeks into flower now.

420_439.jpg

420_440.jpg

420_441.jpg

420_442.jpg

420_443.jpg

420_444.jpg

420_445.jpg

420_446.jpg

420_447.jpg

Since I'm exhausting a lot of air I needed to prevent the front and back of the tent from collapsing some. The back was easy, a few tacks through it and into the wall behind it worked fine. For the front I made a rib. I measured the width of the tent, post to post. I cut a 1/2" piece of gray conduit to that measurement. For the ends, I cut two 1/2" T's right down them middle. The end result
420_451.jpg

420_449.jpg

420_450.jpg

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! Go Steelers!!

Here we are, fifth week of flower! Flushed today with plain water and GH's Florakleen. Plucked a few leaves that were crowding and/or shading lower buds.

The grower said 55-60 days for these cuts. I thought that would be too short but the are coming along quickly now. Some calyx tips are darkening a little.

On to the pics :thumb:

420_465.jpg

420_464.jpg

420_463.jpg

420_462.jpg

420_461.jpg

420_460.jpg

420_459.jpg

420_458.jpg

420_457.jpg

420_456.jpg

420_455.jpg

420_454.jpg

420_453.jpg

420_452.jpg

Day 40 of flower. I'm trying the double potting method to hopefully boost growth. I cut a section out of the bottoms of each pot. Placed them in the same size pots, filled to about 1/3 with fresh soil mix.
I apologize for the blurry pic
420_473.jpg

The girls seem to be doing just fine. Getting very frosty with trichs.

420_466.jpg

420_467.jpg

420_468.jpg

420_469.jpg

420_470.jpg

420_474.jpg

420_475.jpg

420_476.jpg

Back
Top Bottom