The New Autoflower Topping Thread

So you recirculate whats coming out from your extraction fan rite back in... hmmm.. .. Interesting concept. I've just been extracting into the room in which my tent is set up in. I may hafta reconfigure. I had considered another timer for my fans/humidity control. Currently I run a surge protector (half outlets timed, half power on always).

Is this the bag you're using?
9500be351076f56a6019c8f477aae11e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So you recirculate whats coming out from your extraction fan rite back in... hmmm.. .. Interesting concept. I've just been extracting into the room in which my tent is set up in. I may hafta reconfigure. I had considered another timer for my fans/humidity control. Currently I run a surge protector (half outlets timed, half power on always).

Is this the bag you're using?
9500be351076f56a6019c8f477aae11e.jpg

That is the bag I am using. I attached a few pics of my set up. This is my winter rig, it would be too hot and humid in the summer for this set up. These show the filter inside, and the fan and ducting outside. If it gets too hot, I can point a fan at the exterior ducting for increased cooling.

IMG_035951.JPG
IMG_036061.JPG
IMG_036151.JPG
IMG_035853.JPG

@schtiggy, sick Setup... Let me get this right, you recycle you air? Do you have any fresh intakes?? Or does the co2 bag have that covered... Super sick mun, very ingenious and efficient.

i have just started some pineapple express and topped them the other day.
20170116_071542.jpg

some topped Girl scout cookies from my last grow.
20160928_210246.jpg
Great job with the topped trio, good luck on the veg and training. Those previous grow plants are impressive to say the least. :bravo: nicely done Odin'sMas. Did you journal those here at 420mag?

I'm here if you don't mind
:welcome: The bleacher section is only half full so far, there's always standing room upfront for you if you don't mind that. There'll be presentation throughout from the many great members contributing their knowledge and ideas in regards to auto topping. :thanks: to those who are helping each other out.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

LS8wk.jpg
LS8wks.jpg
Been watching from the sidelines... Topped this Canuk Seeds Auto Lemon Skunk on day 11 but botched it ,so re-topped day 13. Stress might have stunted it because it ended up pretty small, or could have been that I reused soil for the first time? Maybe low humidity? Not totally sure but looks like the cool night time temps have started her turning purple! On the 8 week mark, two weeks left by breeders time.

i have just started some pineapple express and topped them the other day.
20170116_071542.jpg

20170116_071547.jpg

20170116_071551.jpg

some topped Girl scout cookies from my last grow.
20161015_221211.jpg

20160928_210246.jpg

I can only hope mine turns out that good :adore:

It just amazes me

So my plant is suppose to go from this

20170115_2158101.jpg

And end up like yours......I can only hope :high-five:

:circle-of-love:

@schtiggy, sick Setup... Let me get this right, you recycle you air? Do you have any fresh intakes?? Or does the co2 bag have that covered... Super sick mun, very ingenious and efficient.

Great job with the topped trio, good luck on the veg and training. Those previous grow plants are impressive to say the least. :bravo: nicely done Odin'sMas. Did you journal those here at 420mag?

:welcome: The bleacher section is only half full so far, there's always standing room upfront for you if you don't mind that. There'll be presentation throughout from the many great members contributing their knowledge and ideas in regards to auto topping. :thanks: to those who are helping each other out.

Hi Snid,

Thanks very much! Yeah, the air just recirculates. The filter still takes out the smell. The only fresh air that comes in is when I open the tent to water. I guess necessity really is the mother of invention :) I am also working at a water only system.

4bf2890798531736ccbc9699063bf2d5.jpg
59c38fba980d433f720e91a2092d8f81.jpg
a1896abbfdf78d4a1abbc56fd2e6ca51.jpg
527e528bc8d4db5e8b9cd092c31ca44e.jpg
Quik update
Hempy bucket seemed to stall in new growth for 24 to 36 hours then surged forward and the pot didn't seem to care that she was decapitated one bit new growth straight away. They were fed at 750 ppm a few days ago and got a bit of burn so dropped back to 600 odd ppm total. 100ppm H&G roots exelurator 200ppm BAM calmag and 300 odd ppm natures own guano growth. I'm tossing up no LST and just sticking with the topping. I have max canopy 4ft height. That will keep my LED 1 ft from tops' any opinions tips and or criticism welcom cheers.

LS8wk.jpg
LS8wks.jpg
Been watching from the sidelines... Topped this Canuk Seeds Auto Lemon Skunk on day 11 but botched it ,so re-topped day 13. Stress might have stunted it because it ended up pretty small, or could have been that I reused soil for the first time? Maybe low humidity? Not totally sure but looks like the cool night time temps have started her turning purple! On the 8 week mark, two weeks left by breeders time.
Nice photo Hurb, a little colour is nice now and then. Thanks for sharing, let us know how she finishes up.
:thumb:
I can only hope mine turns out that good :adore:
It just amazes me
So my plant is suppose to go from this
20170115_2158101.jpg

And end up like yours......I can only hope :high-five:
With a little work and nourishment they will be and more... That and you stop cutting experimental chunks off them:rofl: your going to have success I'm sure.

Topped and LST? How tall from media to top mate?

11" as of now nice and flat...I know there is room for improvement in my lst, but I learned this go around and the next grow will be even better.

Oh and by the way Snid..I had to scrap my cutting....Didn't root.:rip: Thats o.k. though I will do it again in a few weeks with a GDP auto I'm getting ready to pop. I will make sure I have some rooting gel or powder or something. Whats recommended? I was thinking of let her grow out a ways past the third node and try to take the topping she gets and root that...hopefully before she goes into flower. I am going to run a topped carmel since I didn't top her this time around...may do the same and wait to top and try to root it and see as she didn't show flowers until around 28 days.

Back
Top Bottom